KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » the Dreamers

the Dreamers
Started by: caballera

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
caballera

Smile the Dreamers

I can't wait to see this movie! Bertolucci's awesome! The trailer looks interesting.... www.budweiser.com/1

anybody else have thoughts?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 09:55 AM
caballera is currently offline Click here to Send caballera a Private Message Find more posts by caballera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Any idea why your link is goes to Budweiser.com for age verification??

Are you trying to get me drunk?

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 05:29 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

too late over here

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 05:38 PM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote:
Originally posted by amlap
too late over here

I'm with ya

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 05:57 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
caballera

yeah...the link goes to the budweiser site, which has a trailer under "entertainment" for The Dreamers....it looks good

Old Post Feb 17th, 2004 11:59 PM
caballera is currently offline Click here to Send caballera a Private Message Find more posts by caballera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

anyone seen this? it was a great movie loved it!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:31 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

Meh... the movie sucked. It had pretentious art stink all over it. Oooh let's throw in a tight shot of a semi hard weenie in for shock. The only saving grace was the girl but all throughout it seemed like she and her co-stars were being exploited by the director to reclaim his stature as a controversial figure in indie cinema. Bah... >sad

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 11:39 PM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

pretensious art stink? would u care to elavorate?
and to think the only "saving grace" is a girl with big **** it's rather dumb

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 01:29 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mardook
Easier said than done!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by IceWithin
pretensious art stink? would u care to elavorate?
and to think the only "saving grace" is a girl with big **** it's rather dumb

I've seen the movie and It was a waste of time. Since you haven't even seen it you may as well go ahead. I've seen far better foreign indie fare on cinemax late night Vangard cinema when I was 8. The movie is basically about an American student and his freaky french buddies who happen to be fraternal brother & sister. Is there incest insinuated in the flick? Ohhh... indeed, yawn! The movie is so intent on being shocking its actually quite boring. The movie is flatout pedestrian as it rarely finds time to focus on its setups. It momentarily reminds itself it is set during some boring event in France's history. Furthermore, it never really developes it characters other than to show them as hallmark indie weirdos. The odd quirk about the twins is thrown in like an afterthought, it was rather lame. The American student is also so 1 dimensional it was rather pitiful to watch the young actor struggle through his scenes, the girl remained interesting shortly during the beginning. She carried the film until the writing was pulled under her feet. She diminished into being the biggest mess in the movie after all. It was also demeaning to watch her go through the latter scenes in the movie. In the end, this movie left an empty feeling in my stomach as it had nothing to say. So have a blast and remember all of this is IMHO.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 10:21 AM
mardook is currently offline Click here to Send mardook a Private Message Find more posts by mardook Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have been wanting to rent this for ages, haven't got around to it yet, looks an interesting film.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 04:07 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

Originally posted by mardook
I've seen the movie and It was a waste of time. Since you haven't even seen it you may as well go ahead. I've seen far better foreign indie fare on cinemax late night Vangard cinema when I was 8. The movie is basically about an American student and his freaky french buddies who happen to be fraternal brother & sister. Is there incest insinuated in the flick? Ohhh... indeed, yawn! The movie is so intent on being shocking its actually quite boring. The movie is flatout pedestrian as it rarely finds time to focus on its setups. It momentarily reminds itself it is set during some boring event in France's history. Furthermore, it never really developes it characters other than to show them as hallmark indie weirdos. The odd quirk about the twins is thrown in like an afterthought, it was rather lame. The American student is also so 1 dimensional it was rather pitiful to watch the young actor struggle through his scenes, the girl remained interesting shortly during the beginning. She carried the film until the writing was pulled under her feet. She diminished into being the biggest mess in the movie after all. It was also demeaning to watch her go through the latter scenes in the movie. In the end, this movie left an empty feeling in my stomach as it had nothing to say. So have a blast and remember all of this is IMHO.

FYI I have seeing it... and I dont agree with one single word u said erm

Originally posted by MildPossession
I have been wanting to rent this for ages, haven't got around to it yet, looks an interesting film.

u should totally go ahead big grin

Old Post Apr 29th, 2005 06:30 PM