KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Hero

Hero
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Hero

What part does QT have in the making of this movie? It is a Jet Li movie that there was a trailer for when I saw Vol 2. It started out by saying "In association with Quentin Tarantino" or something to that extent, but it never says what he did for the movie. Anybody have info?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 09:02 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

dunno myth, sorry

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 10:29 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killthesunlight
Stark raving mad

maybe a producer

I feel like a heartattack with a hangover

Old Post Apr 17th, 2004 02:58 PM
killthesunlight is currently offline Click here to Send killthesunlight a Private Message Find more posts by killthesunlight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Just found out what was meant by "Presented by Quentin Tarantino". Hero is made in and for China but QT liked it so much, that he is paying for it to be released in the US.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 10:03 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gtsecc

I think he areed to "present" the film, and attach the trailer to Kill Bill Vol. 2, if Miramax would release it here in the states.

BTW, I have the Chinese DVD.
Does anyone happen to know what it says at the begining of the movie? Subtitles do not translate that part.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2004 10:10 PM
gtsecc is currently offline Click here to Send gtsecc a Private Message Find more posts by gtsecc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koala MeatPie
Tonk's Husband

New Movie: Hero

Hero Teaser

This Movie looks like a blockbuster... But I am Confused beacsue Jet Lee is in it and its presented by Tarantino... confused

Old Post May 18th, 2004 09:52 PM
Koala MeatPie is currently offline Click here to Send Koala MeatPie a Private Message Find more posts by Koala MeatPie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

It's been released a few years ago in Asia, you could probably get it on a Region 3 or 4 DVD right now if you wanted; Taratino is in charge of localization, if you will, to the United States and other english speaking countries, so this movie is not so new after all.

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:17 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

tarantino is the name behind the success... or the flop to be. but if QT put his name on it, there is a pretty good chance that the movie would kick a$$... who knows, pai mei might make an apperance, that would be cool....

Old Post May 18th, 2004 11:43 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SenshiNaka
Warrior Inside

Pai Mei isnt in it. The movie is pretty good, but some parts drag out a little too long for my tastes.

"And I'm very sad about that. But some fellas are lucky, and some ain't." -Mr. Pink (Reservoir Dogs)

Old Post May 18th, 2004 11:56 PM
SenshiNaka is currently offline Click here to Send SenshiNaka a Private Message Find more posts by SenshiNaka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

The original title is Ying Xiong. Hero is a movie that was done in 2002 and it was directed by Yimou Zhang. The reason QT is in the title is because he is responsible for introducing the film to the American audiences. Is kinda like Iron Monkey. QT wasn't the director but kinda like a producer of the film. Thanks to him marketing the film we were able to see here in the US.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 08:42 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hitmanyr2k

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
The reason QT is in the title is because he is responsible for introducing the film to the American audiences. Is kinda like Iron Monkey. QT wasn't the director but kinda like a producer of the film. Thanks to him marketing the film we were able to see here in the US.

Tarantino had nothing to do with this film directing or production-wise. Miramax has had distribution rights to Hero since 2002 and they've been sitting on this movie forever. The only reason Tarantino's name is on this film is because Miramax knows he has a fan-base out there and a lot of ignorant people will most likely make the mistake of thinking Tarantino was somehow involved in the making of this film. I've had Hero on DVD for over a year now but I'm still looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 12:20 AM
hitmanyr2k is currently offline Click here to Send hitmanyr2k a Private Message Find more posts by hitmanyr2k Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

khan told me about hero months ago and I thought it was out..I looked every where for it and then all of a sudden there was the trailer for it when I seen kill bill...I really can't wait to see this movie.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 05:25 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I've heard of this film, i heard it few months back, they had a trailer on one of those ''free trailer DVD's'' you get with the magazine...looks good.thumb up

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 24th, 2004 08:32 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sarahvma

quote:
Originally posted by hitmanyr2k
Tarantino had nothing to do with this film directing or production-wise. Miramax has had distribution rights to Hero since 2002 and they've been sitting on this movie forever. The only reason Tarantino's name is on this film is because Miramax knows he has a fan-base out there and a lot of ignorant people will most likely make the mistake of thinking Tarantino was somehow involved in the making of this film. I've had Hero on DVD for over a year now but I'm still looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.

Yeah, AND because he begged Miramax for years to release it untouched. So technically it is being introduced to American audiences by him. But you are right - most of my friends figured he directed it, too.

Old Post May 24th, 2004 02:20 PM
sarahvma is currently offline Click here to Send sarahvma a Private Message Find more posts by sarahvma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Jet Lee = 40 strings

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post May 27th, 2004 11:54 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

Hero

did anyone see the previews it stars jet li and its directed by quentin tarintino

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 01:30 AM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrAnCeDuO
Cyan-Assassin

yeah i saw it...looks nice but...two things i noticed

1st of all what the hell is up with hero's blade? i dont remember anything about asian swords being hollowed in the middle...

2nd of all why are there guys with shields?...i cant think of one martial art that uses shields other than european styles...

Made by "The Ones"

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 10:48 PM
TrAnCeDuO is currently offline Click here to Send TrAnCeDuO a Private Message Find more posts by TrAnCeDuO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

my only question is when does it open in the US?

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2004 11:41 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Its not directed by QT. Its "presented by" QT meaning that he is responsible for bringing it to US theaters. However, this does mean its probably good if its backed by QT.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 12:08 AM
Fearnix
Piggy

i have seen it and own it, its ****ing great
jet li,donnie yen,Maggie Cheung and Zhang Ziyi

btw TrAnCeDuO there are a few fighting tecs with shield

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2004 01:24 AM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote