KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » A Green Hornet movie for the future

Who would be a good Kato
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Jackie Chan 1 9.09%
Jet Li 9 81.82%
Choa Yun Fatte 1 9.09%
Ken Watanabe 0 0%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Green Hornet movie for the future
Started by: Drifter101

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

A Green Hornet movie for the future

Director Kevin Smith said that after his next film, a small budget film, he will make a film about the old 60's show 'The Green Hornet' as you recall the show was about a white man and an oreantal who in the most part kicked the crap out of guys, and Kato, was played by Bruce Lee, who do you think will play his part, and what are your thought about the film?

Old Post May 18th, 2004 09:27 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
hobington

I'd choose jet li over Jackie due to appearance I'm not Familiar with the other names- name some movies they were in I'm bad with names embarrasment embarrasment

Old Post May 18th, 2004 09:45 PM
hobington is currently offline Click here to Send hobington a Private Message Find more posts by hobington Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

How could they have a Japanese "houseboy" in a modern movie, though? The ACLU, ADL and every other bunch of a-holes would be screaming bloddy murder!

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post May 18th, 2004 09:48 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

Jet Li in Leathal Weapon 4, Choa Yun Fatte in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Ken Watanabe in Last Samurai

Old Post May 18th, 2004 10:24 PM
Drifter101 is currently offline Click here to Send Drifter101 a Private Message Find more posts by Drifter101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

yea i read an article about the script he said he about 60 pages then tossed it in the garbage because he decided to not make it main stream and write it like a comic book

Old Post May 18th, 2004 11:03 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I vote for Jet Li cuz he look like Kato in Black Mask. thumb up

Old Post May 18th, 2004 11:27 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

How could anybody else but bruce lee star in the green hornet. Until they clone him:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
no

Old Post May 18th, 2004 11:44 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

jackie chan looks too old. chow yun fat is--ummm-- fat to be kato. and ken wattanabe is too tall, i think. jet li is perfect...

Old Post May 18th, 2004 11:55 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

yes it is a good choice and someone has to play bruce lees part

Old Post May 19th, 2004 08:12 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

It would be more logical to go with Jet Li as Kato. Of course he can never top the original Kato (Bruce Lee) simply because there isn't much charm in his acting. Don't get me wrong I like Jet Li's skill but his acting isn't great. His acting is decent enough for the characters he has play in the past. But the character of Kato is much more than Martial Arts and secret identity. Which might present a challenge for Jet.

Old Post May 19th, 2004 08:33 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Iron Sun
Unpaid Critic

quote:
Originally posted by roundisfunny
How could they have a Japanese "houseboy" in a modern movie, though? The ACLU, ADL and every other bunch of a-holes would be screaming bloddy murder!

Make him an executive assistant.

The Spaceport

Old Post May 19th, 2004 09:18 PM
Iron Sun is currently offline Click here to Send Iron Sun a Private Message Find more posts by Iron Sun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

lets hope that Kevin Smith can pull this off w/ out major cornyness

Old Post May 20th, 2004 11:05 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

I hope they clone brucce lee for this role big grin

Old Post May 20th, 2004 11:16 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

eh but wha can you do

Old Post May 21st, 2004 10:20 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Sorry folks, but Kevin will NOT direct the upcoming Green Hornet movie:

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/...p?news_id=15910

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 05:00 PM
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

hmmm...

i'd go for Jet Li because:

1. he'd resemble Kato in the Mask
2. he could do a good imitation of Bruce Lee's moves
3. Jackie Chan is a bit old, don't you think?
4. And Jackie is the comic kung-fu star
5. Chow Yun-Fat may not be able to pull off the Kato physique and mystique
6. Ken Watanabe...i can't imagine him in a Kung-fu role...just can't...

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 04:49 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Drifter101
Woodstock '69"

crap that kinda sucks that smith aint doing the flick now.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2004 07:49 PM
Spitback
Restricted

Account Restricted

The greenhornett

A film staring jake gynhal and jet li based on the comic bokk series and director kevin smith ......going tobe a blast

15 months untill a big hard kick in the nuts up top family guy below a screenshots of big hard kick in the nuts.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 02:27 PM
Spitback is currently offline Click here to Send Spitback a Private Message Find more posts by Spitback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 02:33 PM
Spitback
Restricted

Account Restricted

sorry again

15 months untill a big hard kick in the nuts up top family guy below a screenshots of big hard kick in the nuts.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 02:35 PM
Spitback is currently offline Click here to Send Spitback a Private Message Find more posts by Spitback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote