KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Any body seen Iron Monkey? Now that was a great QT film

Any body seen Iron Monkey? Now that was a great QT film
Started by: X-Male

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
X-Male

Any body seen Iron Monkey? Now that was a great QT film

Has any body heard of Iron monkey? that one is my favorite QT film.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 06:44 AM
X-Male is currently offline Click here to Send X-Male a Private Message Find more posts by X-Male Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

But it wasn't a QT film. erm

And no, have not watched it.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 07:39 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

I think QT was responsible for it coming to the states though... wasn't he? I never was clear on that..

though I love Iron Monkey,I just got the sequel and haven't got a chance to watch it yet.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 09:20 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

iron monkey is like hero. QT just inroduced it to the westerners. donnie yuen is one of the most prolific matials arts action choreographer in th business. he's up there with the ranks of yuen wo ping.

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 05:17 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
X-Male

When did the sequel come out? Is it just Iron monkey 2 or is it called somthing else?

Old Post Jun 6th, 2004 08:42 PM
X-Male is currently offline Click here to Send X-Male a Private Message Find more posts by X-Male Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

Iron Monkey... a great movie.... sleave hammer punch, or something like that!

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 04:32 AM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by badkittykitty
I think QT was responsible for it coming to the states though... wasn't he? I never was clear on that..

though I love Iron Monkey,I just got the sequel and haven't got a chance to watch it yet.

I believe that QT convinced Miramax about bringin the film from Hong Kong to the States. I'm not sure how it happen, but QT help promote the film here in America. I think he is consider producer (as in advertising the film) of the film.

Old Post Jun 7th, 2004 02:54 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by X-Male
When did the sequel come out? Is it just Iron monkey 2 or is it called somthing else?
no,it called iron money 2 and donnie yen is the star http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...694215?v=glance

I can't believe i have it hear and haven't watched it yet..I have been really pressed for time lately embarrasment

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 08:29 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
I believe that QT convinced Miramax about bringin the film from Hong Kong to the States. I'm not sure how it happen, but QT help promote the film here in America. I think he is consider producer (as in advertising the film) of the film.
I thought i heard something like that yes

Old Post Jun 8th, 2004 08:30 AM
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

Awesome! No one I have ever talked to has even HEARD of Iron Monkey.

QT was just responsible for bringing it to the states. He was on Jimmy Kimmel Live not too long ago, right before Hero came out here, discussing Kung Fu movies. He said that he watches a lot of martial arts films, and the ones that he thinks will do well here, he discuess with Miramax. Then he slaps his name on the top so that all the QT fans will be sure to see em.

I think its awesome. Iron Monkey and Hero were both good movies. Although I saw both movies before they made it here, I was glad that they did. Exposes more people to the films.

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Oct 4th, 2004 07:14 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Will have to see the sequel if Donnie Yen is in it!!! love him. Loved the first one, got it on 2 disc dvd.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 04:40 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

did you know tha kid that played Wong Fei Hung was actually a girl?
i think movies like this would have been out in the asian communities long ago... like many other Asian movies ive seen like years earlier. They are just now making its way to the rest of the cinemas or available the other members of the public

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 01:10 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
feral cat

LOL this movie has zero to do with QT ... they just stick his name on foriegn cinema so people will buy it ...

Its a fantastic kung fu movie though, well worth watching / buying

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 07:40 AM
feral cat is currently offline Click here to Send feral cat a Private Message Find more posts by feral cat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starwing

I saw it years ago, and got a few friends hooked on it as well. One of the coolest Martial Arts films I seen. Very entertaining. smile

Old Post Mar 30th, 2005 08:19 PM
starwing is currently offline Click here to Send starwing a Private Message Find more posts by starwing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRO-PAIN
PAIN...PRO-PAIN

I actually just picked this up a few days ago along with Hero also, but haven't had a chance to watch either one yet....I'd heard alot about Iron Monkey so I figured I'd get it.

MY DVD COLLECTION UPDATED 4/24/05

Old Post Apr 14th, 2005 01:01 AM
PRO-PAIN is currently offline Click here to Send PRO-PAIN a Private Message Find more posts by PRO-PAIN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

OMG laughing out loud

QT sucks dick he could never direct a film that good laughing

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post May 5th, 2005 08:22 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fearnix
Piggy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PRO-PAIN
I actually just picked this up a few days ago along with Hero also, but haven't had a chance to watch either one yet....I'd heard alot about Iron Monkey so I figured I'd get it.

alot of peoplesay Iron Monkey is Donnie's best film.
but its not, its good though

Hey Pig Piggy Pig Pig Pig

Old Post May 5th, 2005 08:23 PM
Fearnix is currently offline Click here to Send Fearnix a Private Message Find more posts by Fearnix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by amlap
Iron Monkey... a great movie.... sleave hammer punch, or something like that!

Hung Xi Guan's no-shadow kick was better. stick out tongue
It is basically Hotaru's grasshopper kick from MK Deception.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post May 16th, 2005 04:02 AM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

this is where they got Kung fu Hustles Buddha palm idea from...
idont know why they changed the name of Buddha palm to what ever they call it now...

Old Post May 16th, 2005 04:41 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fanboy

Okay Iron Monkey 2 was a piece of crap.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2005 01:23 AM
Fanboy is currently offline Click here to Send Fanboy a Private Message Find more posts by Fanboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote