KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Kung Fu Hustle

Kung Fu Hustle
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Kung Fu Hustle

I guess my other thread about this got shut down and I don't know why. Well anyway, it will be released in American theaters in April. I already have it on DVD and all I can say is go see it. It has great comedy and great action. Think Looney Toons meets Jet Li meets Matrix Reloaded. This movie has broke many of the major box office records in China already. Thoughts?

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 06:34 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

It was moved to the DVD section, under "Last DVD You Bought", just as an FYI. I had planned on seein' it in theatres. "Shaolin Soccer" is one of my personal favorite movies.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 06:36 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I saw half of this...and OMG, it is awesome...so funny. I will definitely be seeing it when it gets to theaters here.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 06:52 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

this movie is amazing.. i just saw it about a week ago and loved it

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 08:41 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

where would you get the dvd?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 11:29 AM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have had it on uncut dvd for a few weeks now, and I absolutely love it. I don't know about America, but mine is a region 3 dvd from Hong Kong.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 01:30 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote:
Originally posted by wuTa
where would you get the dvd?

im in the US and i got it online

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 06:10 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Mines Region 1

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2005 07:50 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmit2005

I saw this at a screening. Not sure if it was the final draft but it was fantastic. There are cg in almost every shot, so it gets tiresome, but if you like shaolin, I think this will appeal. Also, the film makes nods to so many films I can't even remember. The outfits of the Axe Gang are awesome and there's a funny [JOKE SPOILER] ... moment when a character speaks in English. Really bizarre actually since you don't even realize it! I saw a trailer for the film yesterday and I'm not sure if the trailer and film match up, so may be what I saw was an early cut. No matter what, it looked good.

space cadet ....

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:10 PM
xmit2005 is currently offline Click here to Send xmit2005 a Private Message Find more posts by xmit2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was thinking Kill Bill Vol.1 in some certain scenes.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 10:16 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

The 'Kill Bill' references were intentional...Stephen Chow likes to reference other movies.

Kung Fu Hustle is a fun movie...

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 05:00 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 01:18 PM
Darth_Big_Boy

Saw the ad for this in a magazine I looked at not too long ago. I wanna see it too.

Always looking to buy Dawn Of The Dead (orig) memoribilia.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 05:20 AM
Darth_Big_Boy is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Big_Boy a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Big_Boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Yeah, I was reading the Hunter S. Thompson issue of "Rolling Stone" yesterday and caught the ad. Ebert said something along the lines of it being like if Bugs Bunny and something met something and was directed by Tarantino.

Anywho, like I said, "Shaolin Soccer" was gold, and I'll see this too. Is it a Miramax distributed film as well, or has this not been shelved for 10 years yet?
stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 03:00 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

The trailer is great, I want to see this.

So yall would recommend Shaolin Soccer?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 04:39 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Very much so. It'll give you an idea of how Chow likes to throw around insane CGI. Insane that it's used in the most peculiar ways, i.e. Team Evil's Tornado Kick..where the kicker has a cloud of black smoke form behind him, with the face of a demon, and the goalies jersey getting shredded from forcing the ball away.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2005 05:30 PM
Holcomb

That sounds good. I'll have to check it out. Sounds very interesting.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2005 08:09 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

bump to share this review I came across.

Kung Fu Hustle review

Old Post Apr 6th, 2005 08:37 PM
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

all the movies Steven Chow is in is kinda the sameerm
but i still love to watch

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 09:42 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BakaXero
all the movies Steven Chow is in is kinda the sameerm
but i still love to watch

Has he done anything else besides shaolin soccer and kung fu hustle?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 06:39 PM