KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Motorcycle Diaries

The Motorcycle Diaries
Started by: TheFilmProphet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

The Motorcycle Diaries

I thought this was a very good film, please discuss your views, opinions, and thoughts on the film here.

If you are unfamilar with the film you can read a synopsis of the film HERE

You can also listen to Ebert & Roeper's review of the film HERE

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Last edited by Praylu on Apr 17th, 2005 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 11:50 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Well, I watched it this afternoon and thought it was average, but I still liked it. I think I can appreciate the pre-commercialized Che Guevara moreso, having seen this movie, and getting a feel for how he became a humanitarian. On the other hand, it seemed to be the extremes. He was either womanizing or playing God. Guess that's just his character, though. Pretty fould mouthed too, lol.

I'd still recommend it for people who want a precursor to Che's involvement in the Cuban revolution.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 03:38 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's wonderful to watch and follow if you have read both the diaries, good to compare.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 01:17 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

i think what makes this film very good are the performances, esp by Bernal. a pretty ordinary plot, but the acting made it work.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 02:25 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

It was very good.
Cine>He's a 20 something year old, What are they trying to do? make a mark on the world, and get laid....

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 04:12 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

I thought it was a beautiful film about friendship and dedication. I loved it.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2005 04:04 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emmasmall

I don't know--it featured some great scenery and pretty strong performances, but I found it kind of boring and hero-worshippy. Like I should find all of it fascinating, simply because it's the story of Che Guevara. I was disappointed, after so many people had sung its praises.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2005 11:00 PM
emmasmall is currently offline Click here to Send emmasmall a Private Message Find more posts by emmasmall Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eis
androgynous mind

I absolutley LOVED the movie..
The book was a lot better but the movie was awesome too... Gael's did a wonderful job as Che Guevara... I also enjoyed very much Mia Maestro in the film... too bad her role was so small though.
I specially liked the part when they were in southern Chile, I am chilean myself and I can tell you the south (the poorer parts obviously) are EXACTLY the way they show them in the movie... the personality of the girls who invited Ernesto and Alberto a drink was just... so life like...
Anyway, I recommend this movie to everyone who's into foreign cinema.
And yes it can be a little 'slow' from time to time but it's totally worth watching.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2005 04:50 PM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flavio

great movie cool
made me start to change my opinion on Che Guevara, i started to admire him.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2006 06:04 PM
Flavio is currently offline Click here to Send Flavio a Private Message Find more posts by Flavio Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote