KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Oldboy

Oldboy
Started by: Cait Sith

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cait Sith

Oldboy

Ok what do i have to say about Oldboy. Well to all of you that have seen it i think you could probably agree with me that it is rather strange.

Story: Oh Dae-su is kidnapped and held in a private housing cell for fifteen years. Upon his release, he is given one task by his captor: to find out the reasons why. With a decade and a half of built up aggression and burning curiosity, Oh Dae-su searches for the answers that robbed him of his life.

Im not saying that its bad in any way though. I think it is one of the most enthralling and sometimes gut renching movie i have seen. When i was watching this movie i expected it to be a movie with over the top violence. However as i delved into the movie more i found it to be a dark psychological Drama. Min-sik Choi plays the part of Oh Dae-su superbly and the story even though sometimes slow in parts always kept me guessing on what was going to happen. And another thing i have to say is that it has a Whoppa of an ending!

So if you havent seen it then i command you to watch it now. Because you wont be dissapointed.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 03:38 AM
Cait Sith is currently offline Click here to Send Cait Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Cait Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I saw Oldboy ages ago when released in Hong Kong, I absolutely love it, got it on final edition dvd. I really want the soundtrack but can't find it anyway other than american sites.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 11:46 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cait Sith

Ill try and find the Soundtrack for you

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 08:07 PM
Cait Sith is currently offline Click here to Send Cait Sith a Private Message Find more posts by Cait Sith Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hopefully it will come into stores here since it's doing well on dvd, might import it into the store, but I noticed an import soundtrack for Zatochi was £30!!! for one CD.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2005 09:24 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
G.P
living bank advertisement

Great movie, a bit violent but with fantastic cinematography and soundtrack.

it strikes the spectator through the complete dehumanisation of the character (how far the destruction of an individual can go...)

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:51 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gemini no Saga
Athena's bodyguard

I agree.

This movie is the second of Park's trilogie, on the theme of vengeance.
The first movie of this trilogie is "Sympathy for Mr vengeance"(different of Old boy cause less physical violence, but more mental violence, the Ryu's story is more tragic with this fatality...), and the third is "Sympathy for lady vengeance". In this trilogie, the theme of family is very importante too.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2005 10:43 PM
Gemini no Saga is currently offline Click here to Send Gemini no Saga a Private Message Find more posts by Gemini no Saga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am looking forwards to Lady Vengeance, looks wonderful, big fan of Park Chan Wook films. Joint Security Area is excellent.

Old Post Jun 4th, 2005 02:38 PM
jnr hiphop
Some Guy

I wanted to watch old boy, it was in cinemas not long ago, but it was rated R18+ and so I couldnt. Pity.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2005 09:24 AM
jnr hiphop is currently offline Click here to Send jnr hiphop a Private Message Find more posts by jnr hiphop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Just a note, Tartan Extreme is releasing "Oldboy" on DVD here in the US tomorrow. I'm blind buying it, based on some great reviews.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2005 03:22 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I will be too.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2005 12:00 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
choicecutz

old boy was a crazy movie, totally kick ass, twisted story line, incredible. !! i like to watch movies like that, someting that rattles you a bit, actually alot.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2005 04:49 PM
choicecutz is currently offline Click here to Send choicecutz a Private Message Find more posts by choicecutz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

quote: (post)
Originally posted by choicecutz
old boy was a crazy movie, totally kick ass, twisted story line, incredible. !! i like to watch movies like that, someting that rattles you a bit, actually alot.

man ive needed to see this movie for too long now!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 02:17 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

See it!!!! It's stunning to look at, fabulous.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 05:32 PM
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MildPossession
I am looking forwards to Lady Vengeance, looks wonderful, big fan of Park Chan Wook films. Joint Security Area is excellent.

raver I cant wait to see that,
im so happy im moveing over there Happy Dance raver

She doesn't quite chop your head off. She makes a Pez dispenser out of you.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 10:10 PM
Morpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Morpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Morpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

LV is suppose to be excellent, doing well.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 10:51 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I finally got around to watching "Oldboy" the other day and really enjoyed it. It's best described as "twisted poetic justice", how Dae-su Oh gets his comeuppance. Not as violent as I had actually hoped for, but it was still quite original, and very intriguing.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 06:08 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistalova

Really enjoyed watching it, very intriquing and the end is excellent when he knows with his daughter... wink
Movie to see...

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 10:14 AM
Mistalova is currently offline Click here to Send Mistalova a Private Message Find more posts by Mistalova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I got this movie for Christmas and just now finished watching it. I thought it was amazing, one of the absolute smartest "twists" I've ever seen. It was refreshing to see a movie that used it's twist for more then just a cheap "oh, you didn't see that coming, did you" and make a point with it. Outstanding movie.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 01:28 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ya Krunk'd Floo
Moving with the swell.

I just finished watching Oldboy...Wow, that's a movie! The scene in the corridor with all the hoods was incredible. The twist is a jaw-dropper that I never saw coming.

The whole movie was spectacular.

Nothing of him that doth fade
But doth suffer a sea-change
Into something rich and strange.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 05:22 PM
Ya Krunk'd Floo is currently offline Click here to Send Ya Krunk'd Floo a Private Message Find more posts by Ya Krunk'd Floo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Wow, that's a movie! The scene in the corridor with all the hoods was incredible. The twist is a jaw-dropper that I never saw coming.

I thought the corridoor scene was sublime, amazing to watch.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 06:05 PM