KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Shogun Assassin

Shogun Assassin
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Solo

Shogun Assassin

http://imdb.com/title/tt0081506/
(please log in to view the image)
That's right boi!

Anyone seen/heard of this? I'd like to know if it was any good.

Last edited by Solo on Jan 7th, 2006 at 05:28 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2006 05:22 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I don't think that I have seen this film Shogun Assassin who is in it. Please let me know so I can try to watch it.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 5th, 2007 12:49 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dinalfos
Lord Caco

It's compilation of the best (i.e goriest) scenes of all the Lone Wolf films. They did a bad job, but it's fairly entertaining if you haven't seen the actual films.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2007 01:32 PM
Dinalfos is currently offline Click here to Send Dinalfos a Private Message Find more posts by Dinalfos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vash_4_prez

It's cool, but not as good as the individual movies themselves. You get a way better story just sticking with the individual movies.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 08:34 PM
Vash_4_prez is currently offline Click here to Send Vash_4_prez a Private Message Find more posts by Vash_4_prez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

what movies was it a compilation of?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2007 12:28 AM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Extremely violent and a total gorefest. The most bloodiest of the Chambara genre.

Fantastic film! thumb up

Old Post Jan 29th, 2007 06:35 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
42ndStreetFreak
Crusher of apologists

Taken as a completely seperate entitiy (it's part of #1 and most of #2) "Shogun" is actually a very well edited and re-crafted take on the 'Lone Wolf' saga.

The music works, the cute as hell narration by the child works...it simply worls as a fast moving, gory, stylish film.

The originals are excellent, but I for one enjoy watching them AND "Shogun Assassin".

Old Post Jul 26th, 2007 10:39 PM
42ndStreetFreak is currently offline Click here to Send 42ndStreetFreak a Private Message Find more posts by 42ndStreetFreak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Personally, I prefer the original Kozure Okami (Lone Wolf & Cub). But this is great late-night fare. big grin

Old Post Nov 5th, 2007 10:09 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sado22
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Anyone seen/heard of this? I'd like to know if it was any good.

i wouldn't recommend it. the sword fighting was pretty good but the effects were kinda lame. can't say much about the acting and the facial expressions either. but of course if you like gory sword fighting action...............go for it! big grin

P.S. also it being banned is kinda lame. it's not THAT gory. at all.

Old Post Jan 13th, 2008 11:14 AM
Sado22 is currently offline Click here to Send Sado22 a Private Message Find more posts by Sado22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote