KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Review of "Tom Yum Goong"

Review of "Tom Yum Goong"
Started by: m4rl0n

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
m4rl0n

Review of "Tom Yum Goong"

I've posted a full review of Tom Yum Goong. I had high expectations for this film after seeing Ong Bak. In short, I wasn't disappointed. Here's a snippet:

quote:
There is a four minute sequence in the middle of Tom Yum Goong, Tony Jaa's latest film, that is possibly, one of the best fighting sequences ever shot. Yes, that is a bold statement. I do not presume to be an authority in martial arts flicks, nor have I seen every martial arts movie ever made, but I think I've seen enough of them to know when something really kicks ass. TYG, like Ong Bak before it, is directed by Prachya Pinkaew. Where Ong Bak is a homage to Bruce Lee, TYG is a homage to Jackie Chan. Both films exhibit the same seething wire-free, elbow-and-knee-flying action that will define Tony Jaa as the next great Asian action icon.

You can find the rest of it on my blog referenced below my signature. (I didn't want to paste the whole thing here because it would fill 3 pages)

Old Post Mar 17th, 2006 05:37 AM
m4rl0n is currently offline Click here to Send m4rl0n a Private Message Find more posts by m4rl0n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is a nice dvd edition coming out soon from Korea, can't wait to see it.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 11:29 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cheesepuff

Quite a late response, but if anybody cares to know, the U.S title for the movie is The Protector and is getting a September 8th release.

I'm really excited, I loved Ong Bak and the teaser trailer has gotten me excited to see Tony Jaa's next movie.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2006 11:39 PM
cheesepuff is currently offline Click here to Send cheesepuff a Private Message Find more posts by cheesepuff Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote