KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Japanese Cyberpunk

Japanese Cyberpunk
Started by: C-Dic

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Japanese Cyberpunk

My love for the genre was reignited today with the purchase of "Pinocchio 964", and was curious if there were any other fans of Japanese Cyberpunk, or cyberpunk in general.

Flicks like Tetsuo, Tetsuo 2: Body Hammer, A Snake of June, and Videodrome are all great examples. I'm looking to own or atleast see Rubber's Lover and Electirc Dragon 80,000 Volts, which is due in late June, on DVD.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2006 11:55 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Electric Dragon and the Tetsuo movies are great. I wouldn't call Tetsuo cyberpunk.

2002 is a great movie though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 03:54 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I adore your Giger images Alpha, love the artists work.

The first Tetsuo was good, but the second one was pretty awful imo, didn't enjoy it at all. Tetsuo is definitely in the sub genre of cyber punk.

Videodrome I think is fabulous, eXistenz is a favourite also of mine from Cronenberg, a lot of people seemed to dislike it though.

Casshern, Twelve Monkeys, Hackers, Akira, Eraserhead are a few more I liked that can be considered cyber punk, and some as influences(Eraserhead).

There are lots of films out there that can fall into cyberpunk.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2006 04:24 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

pardon my ignorance, but can someone tell me what cyberpunk is? its not like "mathcore" or "doommetal" is it (i.e a pointless name given to something becuase it can)

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jul 21st, 2006 02:44 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote