KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Paradise Now

Paradise Now
Started by: Eis

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Eis
androgynous mind

Paradise Now

I bought this movie like a month ago and completely forgot about it, I saw it yesterday and I couldn't believe I didn't see it sooner.

In Nablas on the West Bank, Said and Khaled, who have volunteered to be suicide bombers, receive word it will be tomorrow - the cell's first operation in two years. They're shaven and shorn, in black suits to pose as settlers in Tel Aviv for a wedding. Something goes wrong at the crossing, they're separated, and the action is postponed, long enough for renewed questioning of what they're about to do. Suha, the well-educated and well-traveled daughter of a martyr, challenges the action. She likes Said and has her own ideas. "Under the occupation, we're already dead," is Khaled's analysis. Fate and God's will seem to drive Said. We must be moral, argues Suha. Can minds change?

Source IMDB - Paradise Now

Definitely one of the best movies I've seen this year.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 07:38 AM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I've had it for awhile, haven't gotten around to watching it. I'll try to watch it sometime this week.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2006 04:29 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
maham

I'v heard abt it but havn't watched it yet.I kno it's a gr8 film.Hopefully I'll watch it someday!

Old Post Jun 27th, 2006 02:31 PM
maham is currently offline Click here to Send maham a Private Message Find more posts by maham Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I saw it a couple of months back and didn't think much of it. The ending pretty much rendered the rest of the movie pointless.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2006 02:00 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eis
androgynous mind

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C-Dic
I saw it a couple of months back and didn't think much of it. The ending pretty much rendered the rest of the movie pointless.

What? The end did nothing but progress the point of the movie, which was whether Said and Khaled really did believe in the cause which they were [SPOILER - highlight to read]: about to die for.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 05:47 PM
Eis is currently offline Click here to Send Eis a Private Message Find more posts by Eis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote