KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman (2003)

Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman (2003)
Started by: Dusty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dusty

Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman (2003)

http://imdb.com/title/tt0363226/

I gotta say I loved this film. Along with the sexy animated blood.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 08:12 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Good movie. Takeshi Kitano is a cool actor. Did you see Kikujiro ? That's even better.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 08:21 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

I haven't been impressed with anything I've seen by Kitano. The original franchise is classic, but this is mediocre at best.

Last edited by Solo on Aug 23rd, 2006 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:40 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Solo
I haven't been impressed with anything I've seen by Kitano. The original franchise is classic, but this is mediocre at best.

So, you got a chance to see it?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 09:55 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Yep, rented it not too long ago.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:16 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I saw some movie or other from the original francise. It was completely incomprehensible, plot-wise, but the swordfights were hella cool.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2006 11:19 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kryzula
Nihilistic Schizoid

I thought it was good but not great. Not that Takeshi Kitano did a bad job playing Zatoichi, I just prefer Shintaro Katsu's portrayal.

~ Kryzula

Old Post Aug 24th, 2006 10:09 PM
Kryzula is currently offline Click here to Send Kryzula a Private Message Find more posts by Kryzula Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kram3r

Re: Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman (2003)

Originally posted by Dusty

I hear that. I haven't seen any of the originals but after viewing this (a while back) I'm definitely tempted to view them.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2006 12:05 AM
Kram3r is currently offline Click here to Send Kram3r a Private Message Find more posts by Kram3r Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ogami Itto
Lone Wolf and Cub

The Originals are better but obviously not as fancy. the stories (once you get the hang of them) are actually quite well done. theres some quality lines in them (although this might be bad subtitle translations) A pity you can only buy 7 of the series where i live (r2)

If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter; for always there will be lesser and greater persons than yourself.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 07:57 PM
Ogami Itto is currently offline Click here to Send Ogami Itto a Private Message Find more posts by Ogami Itto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

Originally posted by Gregory
I saw some movie or other from the original francise. It was completely incomprehensible, plot-wise, but the swordfights were hella cool.

the plots are complicated sometimes, but definitely not incomprehensible. by far my favourite samurai flicks, the new ones good but it doesnt really compare to the originals.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 09:05 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by Phat J
it doesnt really compare to the originals.

I agreed, I didn't like the new one at all, though.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2006 11:27 PM
Phat J

really? i thought it was nicely done. maybe a little more, for lack of a better word, happier. but i still thought it was pretty good.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2006 05:15 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

Re: Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman (2003)

Originally posted by Dusty

I liked it, too, but I think that that last fight between Zatoichi and the Samuri was a bit of a let down.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Nov 19th, 2006 10:14 AM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

yeah, it was good how it was done though. two people that good with a sword arent going to have a big drawn out battle, its gonna be one move to kill. i liked it.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2006 07:46 PM
Council#13
The Omega Male

Hmm, well I was expecting more of a back-forth fight. But if there was, Zatoichi's sword may have shattered, as it was so thin and doesn't look like it was made for contact with other blades.

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Nov 21st, 2006 01:06 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

no i agree it would have been better if they had at least a few more moves, but i thought the way they did it was good. thats true though, you dont see him clash swords with a lot of people, in the new one at least.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2006 03:45 AM