KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Le Cercle Rouge

Le Cercle Rouge
Started by: Dusty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dusty

Le Cercle Rouge

Is there not a thread on this? Anyway, great movie.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 02:16 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 06:28 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Solo
Probably the worst movie I've ever seen.

You have some gall dissing a Jean-Pierre Melville movie. Not to mention one of Alain Delon's best roles. Easily one of the best film noir's of all time. John Woo is going to do a remake of this titled: "The Red Circle."

Old Post Mar 18th, 2007 09:55 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
You have some gall dissing a Jean-Pierre Melville movie. Not to mention one of Alain Delon's best roles. Easily one of the best film noir's of all time. John Woo is going to do a remake of this titled: "The Red Circle."

It was sarcasm, man. It's one of my favorites. I heard the John Woo remake isn't happening.

Also, Alain Delon is fantastic, always.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 01:07 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

I also heard that. John Woo is great, but this film isn't for him.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 01:58 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

It was sarcasm, man. It's one of my favorites. I heard the John Woo remake isn't happening.

Oops. embarrasment Add a smiley next time. stick out tongue Too bad about the remake getting nixed, but maybe it's a good thing. John Woo may have lost the touch. sad

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 08:52 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

Oo he is smile

As for the remake, apparently Johnny To is up to direct it. He has made some pretty decent films(Breaking News(also up for a remake), Election 1 and 2, Full Time Killer, and Exiled(banned in some country apparently, can't remember where).

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 07:00 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

You forgot the Mission, PTU and Heroic Trio. Very interesting. My dad is a huge Johnny To fan. I think he could do it justice.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 07:32 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't seen those three. Just mentioned the ones I have seen and thought were good. Will check the three you mentioned out.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2007 09:27 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

It's French.

Hence, I'll never watch it.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 11:37 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have actually seen Herioc Trio, thought it was quite rubbish, especially compared to his other films.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 06:10 PM
Dusty

Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
It's French.

Shame.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 10:18 PM
Solo

It's French.

You're an idiot.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2007 11:09 PM
Vinny Valentine
Vinny Valentine

Originally posted by Dusty
Shame.

Not really.

You're an idiot.

Nope. Just extremely discriminative. I despise the language, and everyone I've ever met who was French was an ******* to me.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2007 03:49 AM
Vinny Valentine is currently offline Click here to Send Vinny Valentine a Private Message Find more posts by Vinny Valentine Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Not really.

Nope. Just extremely discriminative. I despise the language, and everyone I've ever met who was French was an ******* to me.

Thing is, I agree with what you're saying. But French films paradoxically, are extremely good. roll eyes (sarcastic) At least watch some of Melville's films before you condemn them.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2007 04:39 AM
manorastroman

how can you despise the language? it's the language that finally articulated existential angst.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2007 11:00 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Not really.

No, his statement was accurate.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2007 03:15 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote