KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » [rec]

[rec]
Started by: GGS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GGS

[rec]

I saw this the other day it's a spanish movie with subs and it's what dairy of the dead should of been it's being remade already for america it's really good it shocked me.

Trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeaUokzE9fI

REC revolves around a television reporter, Ángela, and her cameraman, Pablo, who cover the night shift in one of Barcelona's local fire stations. The firehouse receives a call from an old lady trapped in her house. When they arrive, and the firemen and the police break down the door, the old lady suddenly attacks and bites one of the policemen, and it is revealed that an unknown but virulent disease is infecting people, causing them to turn into zombies. The police and the military quarantine the building and the camera crew is trapped inside, constantly recording the mayhem that ensues.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2008 10:39 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Holly shit, that has to be the scariest most tense horror movie I have EVER seen.

I don't remember watching a movie which had me so stressed and watching-through-the-fingers-the-next-scene like this one. And especially at the end.

This isn't actually a zombie movie - it is sort of, [SPOILER - highlight to read]: but the origins of everyone turning violent is due to other factor - (can be seen in the movie at the end) and it is not chemical/biological infection

Excellent movie. Don't be put off by the subtitles.

And please see it BEFORE the American version comes out, as Spanish version is almost guaranteed to be better - for one, there is not 'explanation' before, after and during the movie, as it appears to happen in an American version.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 11:14 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Looks interesting. I'll have to look for more information about this flick.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 11:28 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

I got it but havent gotten around to watch it yet. I usually dont like spanish(even though im fluent in spanish) movies but this one seems pretty good.

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 10:41 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Spanish movies have excelled these past few years. Its just one great movie after another.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 10:27 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Pan's Labyrinth was an awesome movie!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post May 1st, 2008 05:13 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The American version will be called "Quarantine".

Old Post May 4th, 2008 05:27 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
The American version will be called "Quarantine".

I saw a trailer. Even though they have copied the movie, I have a problem with the potential 'explanation' of what happens where and why.

I feel that should be best left to the audience, like the Spanish version.

Equaly, I don't think that Spanish version is available to you guys in the US. I could be wrong though.

Old Post May 4th, 2008 08:49 PM
Impediment
Endless

I'm sure that it would be available. When, however, is another question.

I really want to watch this.

Old Post May 5th, 2008 08:36 PM
Darth Vicious

If you guys cant find it in stores, then ur best bet would be to download it. Theres plenty of sites that have it,

Last edited by Impediment on Jun 5th, 2008 at 09:53 PM

Old Post May 5th, 2008 10:57 PM
Darth Vicious

Finally saw it. Good stuff! Lets see how Hollywood butchers this movie.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 01:41 AM
GGS

Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Finally saw it. Good stuff! Lets see how Hollywood butchers this movie.

They've shown the ending in the trailer already lol.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 12:46 PM
GGS is currently offline Click here to Send GGS a Private Message Find more posts by GGS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

Originally posted by GGS
They've shown the ending in the trailer already lol.

laughing Yeah, I noticed. I was tempted to mention which part is the ending on a Youtube trailer I saw. The spanish gurl has a better rack though.

Old Post May 18th, 2008 02:20 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is the ending they show on the trailer when she [SPOILER - highlight to read]: gets pulled away from the camera by that girl in the penthouse , i can't remember from the trailer for the remake.

I don't think they showed what was actually [SPOILER - highlight to read]: in that room in the trailer.

I'd love to see how the remake ending looks compared to the original, I thought the end scenes in the original were amazing.

Does anyone know how they did up [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the girl in the penthouse, was she a very very thin actress they got and did the make up or was there some CGI help?

Cheers for anyone else who has seen it.

Old Post May 28th, 2008 12:16 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
allofyousuckkk
Amazingly Awesome

can someone send me an "invitation code" forI cant register without one?! Gayyy

Last edited by Impediment on Jun 5th, 2008 at 09:53 PM

Old Post May 29th, 2008 01:46 AM
allofyousuckkk is currently offline Click here to Send allofyousuckkk a Private Message Find more posts by allofyousuckkk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I need to buy the dvd. I hear that it's a good watch.

Old Post Jun 5th, 2008 09:52 PM
lil bitchiness
-

I am scared to watch the remake. I don't know how bad it was butchered.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2008 11:23 PM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I am scared to watch the remake. I don't know how bad it was butchered.

Same here. I loved [.rec] and I hate that the American remake is even coming out.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2008 12:31 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Originally posted by MildPossession
Is the ending they show on the trailer when she [SPOILER - highlight to read]: gets pulled away from the camera by that girl in the penthouse , i can't remember from the trailer for the remake.

I don't think they showed what was actually [SPOILER - highlight to read]: in that room in the trailer.

I'd love to see how the remake ending looks compared to the original, I thought the end scenes in the original were amazing.

Does anyone know how they did up [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the girl in the penthouse, was she a very very thin actress they got and did the make up or was there some CGI help?

Cheers for anyone else who has seen it.

I think [SPOILER - highlight to read]: the girl would have been CGI. Her jaw was also unusually huge

I think that the ending was extremly powerful [SPOILER - highlight to read]: It only gives you perhaps 5 minutes or so in exlaining where this whole mess came from. The girl from Portugal being possesed and the likes. Her looking through the papers and the pictures happens very very fast.
It is unclear and it leaves you to make your own decision about it.

I fear re-make will ruin this particular aspect. I watched the trailer and there is a voice over telling you something took place somewhere already ruined it for me.

It already lost the 'real' feel that the original had.

Last edited by lil bitchiness on Jul 20th, 2008 at 12:32 AM

Old Post Jul 20th, 2008 12:29 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Heard some much of this film during my visit to SDCC. I haven't had the chance to search for it. I heard that is practically Cloverfield crossed with 28 days later. If I find a copy on dvd I have to get it.

Is there a US release for the dvd?

Old Post Jul 29th, 2008 08:51 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote