KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Ong-Bak 2

Ong-Bak 2
Started by: cyclone

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cyclone

Ong-Bak 2

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 05:17 PM
cyclone is currently offline Click here to Send cyclone a Private Message Find more posts by cyclone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you like Ong Bak type movies, then check out Chocolate, female version. Suppose to be excellent in the fighting sequences.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 05:38 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

looks feckin awesome...i will definitely be watching this

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2008 05:41 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah this is a must see. That Tony Jaa or whatever is a awesome fighter.

The Protector is a great martial arts flick.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2008 04:36 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, the protector has the best martial arts sequence i've ever seen. I liked the first ong bak but it was very amateur, along with the protector. I know that is apart of the charm but i think Tony Ja could become as big if not bigger than Chan with the right people. Ong bak 2 looks friggin fantastic.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 02:44 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually I think the scene in Equilibrium when Christian Bale slaughters about 8 or 10 blokes with a sword can rival pretty much any martal arts fight scene in any movie. One of the best scenes ever filmed for sure.

So its also the fight choreographer and director who can make martial arts film stars look better.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 04:08 AM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Equilibrium is an underrated science fiction film, amazing!!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2008 03:11 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by deathbycorn
Actually I think the scene in Equilibrium when Christian Bale slaughters about 8 or 10 blokes with a sword can rival pretty much any martal arts fight scene in any movie. One of the best scenes ever filmed for sure.

So its also the fight choreographer and director who can make martial arts film stars look better.

mmm...i don't know about that one to be honest...i think it benefited Bale that it was a fictional martial art he was using...i think the dojo scene made to amateurs (keanu reeves and laurence fishburne) look alot more skilled than Bale in Equilibrium...thus better suspension of disbelief

but there isn't really a substitute for actual skill in martial arts....none of the special effects in the world can make an amateur look better than a professional

a good comparison is Azumi and Versus...Azumi is a relatively higher budget but Aya Ueto is a pop star...the camera shots and choreography only make her look so skilled with a sword...compare that with Tak Sakaguchi from Versus, which is an almost laughably low budget martial arts/horror...and he looks infinitely more skilled with the blade...because he is...because that's what he did before becoming an actor

great choreography is simply no match for genuine ability

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2008 12:40 AM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by deathbycorn

Come on, four straight minutes of choreographed fighting while walking up stairs and jumping hoping and rolling. Not only does that show balls by just attempting, but it shows incredible skill and endurance on the part of Jaa. Equilibrium is a great sci-fi flick, but why do you say the guncatta scene rivals any martial arts flick? I agree, the scene was pieced together with great editing and choreography but it didn't showcase an outstanding skill on the part of Bale or his stunt man.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2008 03:47 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I just seen the first Ong-bak, i agree with you rages how you said "I liked the first ong bak but it was very amateur"

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 07:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ttaa

want to watch

Old Post Dec 24th, 2008 07:02 AM
ttaa is currently offline Click here to Send ttaa a Private Message Find more posts by ttaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Just got this and its amazing MA action, the plot is meh. The director also did a great job and also the music fits well. Jaa does some Kung Fu and a bit of Drunken Boxing as well as his Muay Tai. I wonder if this is ment to be before part 1?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 02:24 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

All these films with Jaa in are basically complete crap apart from the fight/action sequences. If he can use his abilities in a better made film it would be wonderful.

Yeah, you really just watch them for the fighting, but with me if everything else is crap, I usually don't bother going back to the film to watch again.

The editing for example was horrendous in Ong Bak.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2009 05:10 PM
Mindset

I like the first Ong Bak a lot more than the second.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 02:51 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Mindset
I like the first Ong Bak a lot more than the second.

same as well

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 8th, 2009 07:38 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kunglu

Haven't seen it yet, Not expecting much in way of plot and story. I'm in it for the action on this one.

Attachment: hulkvssuper_l.jpg
This has been downloaded 138 time(s).

Old Post May 4th, 2009 07:31 PM
kunglu is currently offline Click here to Send kunglu a Private Message Find more posts by kunglu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Aug 5th, 2009 10:36 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by MildPossession
Equilibrium is an underrated science fiction film, amazing!!

It is one of my top 3 films. It is truly a masterpiece.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2009 09:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fantasy88
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ong-Bak 1 is better .

Old Post Aug 11th, 2009 11:26 AM
fantasy88 is currently offline Click here to Send fantasy88 a Private Message Find more posts by fantasy88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

Originally posted by MildPossession
If you like Ong Bak type movies, then check out Chocolate, female version. Suppose to be excellent in the fighting sequences.

chocolate is a great movie! Story is terrific!!!

Old Post Jan 13th, 2010 06:30 PM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote