KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Your "Top 10" Best Asian Films with the Best Martial Arts Fighting

Your "Top 10" Best Asian Films with the Best Martial Arts Fighting
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Your "Top 10" Best Asian Films with the Best Martial Arts Fighting

You can include the "old school" classics and the "new school" films from now.

Your top 10 best can include any and all forms and styles of fighting from kung-fu to karate to JuJitsu, etc, etc.. Everything's included as long as it's a traditional Asian form of martial arts fighting.

Wires acts, weapons, and magic are ok but hand-to-hand Combat is what should be focused on

Now remember, the thread doesn't focus on story-telling but the amount of good quality martial arts fighting scenes. So Focus On That..

BEGIN !!

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 10:33 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

I prefer newer films and even then I only prefer some scenes from films.

Flying snow vs Moon from "Hero" is astounding just for the beauty of it. But yeah the wire work can sometimes be annoying in Yimou's films.

I also like a bit of cheesiness in my martial arts films so I'd have to put "Versus" in there.

Azumi and Sky high get mentions cos the chicks are hot.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 11:22 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jaden101
I prefer newer films and even then I only prefer some scenes from films.

Flying snow vs Moon from "Hero" is astounding just for the beauty of it. But yeah the wire work can sometimes be annoying in Yimou's films.

I also like a bit of cheesiness in my martial arts films so I'd have to put "Versus" in there.

Azumi and Sky high get mentions cos the chicks are hot.

"Hero" was crazy, and the newer films do look good cause they're sharper visually and audibly but the old ones have that grainy raw grindhouse feel too 'em so i like both. I don't like it when the new stuff adds CGI to it sometimes..

i love the cheese sometimes too. "Fool. You want to challenge me?...Then you must be tired of living!" lol.

I just got 5 films. I just popped in "Master Killer". I also got "5 Deadly Venoms", Jet Li's "Fist of Legend", "The Shaolin Temple" and my personal all time favorite martial arts movie, "The Chinese Connection" starring Bruce Lee.

They came highly recommended from friends that're really, really into karate flik's.

"Lone Wolf and Cub" is another one i liked when i saw it. It's a Samurai flik.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 03:02 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

* Hero - as mentioned above, stunning fight sequence and an all round perfect film in my eyes.

* Enter the Dragon - The first ever Martial Arts film I saw in my life, so it has to go in my list, and Bruce Lee, come on. With a fantastic early 70s score smile It's a American/Chinese mix release so it counts.

* SPL/Satt Po Long(or Killzone for you stupid Americans :P ) - Has some amazing brutal fight sequences in this film from Hong Kong, came out in 2005, Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung and Jacky Wu in one film.

Here is one of the stand out fight sequences in SPL, warning contains a spoiler: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U5bvnxgCnk

The bit from 2.24 is the best bit of the fight.

* Invisible Target - Don't think it's out in America yet, some good action scenes.

* Flashpoint - Another Donnie Yen film, the better fight sequence is towards the end of this film, the whole end sequence is fantastic.

A few.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 05:59 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. Audition
2. The Host

I couldn't care for anymore Asian films.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 10:10 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did you read the title or the first post?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 10:25 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbycorn
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nope! Well they don't have fighting!

I'll go with -

The Protector from Thailand. Some of the best fighting ever put on film.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 10:30 PM
deathbycorn is currently offline Click here to Send deathbycorn a Private Message Find more posts by deathbycorn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Project A
Drunken Master 1 & 2
Fist of Legend
Snake in the Eagles Shadow
The Young Master
Ong Bak

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 07:54 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blinky
Android First Class

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the absolute classic "Five Fingers of Death". Amazing choreography, awesome representation of various martial arts.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2010 12:31 AM
Blinky is currently offline Click here to Send Blinky a Private Message Find more posts by Blinky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote