KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » The Borg vs The Geth

The Borg vs The Geth
Started by: TacDavey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TacDavey

The Borg vs The Geth

Heh.Originally posted this in games vs until I remembered the Borg aren't from a game.

Who would win in a war between the Borg and the Geth from Mass Effect?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 06:57 PM
TacDavey is currently offline Click here to Send TacDavey a Private Message Find more posts by TacDavey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

My knowledge of ST is limited but the Borg should win easily enough.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 08:31 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Re: The Borg vs The Geth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TacDavey
Heh.Originally posted this in games vs until I remembered the Borg aren't from a game.

Who would win in a war between the Borg and the Geth from Mass Effect?

The Borg have been in several ST games. ST Online most currently.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 08:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TacDavey

Originally posted by Robtard
The Borg have been in several ST games. ST Online most currently.

I think they have to originate in games.

At least I'm pretty sure that was the reason it was closed down.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:35 PM
TacDavey is currently offline Click here to Send TacDavey a Private Message Find more posts by TacDavey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Ah.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2012 11:44 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Yes, one of the rules for the Games Versus is that characters must originate from a video game and not some other medium. If we didn't have that, there would be match-ups with characters from another mediums (in this case, the Borg) with a large amount of material to draw feats from coming against comparatively unknown video game characters with little to no feats to draw comparison from. Helps to avoid a lot of a spite threads.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 24th, 2012 10:51 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Here's the evidence:

quote:
The Geth from the Mass Effect series and the Borg from Star Trek go at it. Which hive mind comes out on top?

quote:
Originally posted by Peach
Neither because this thread is illegal. *closes thread*

laughing laughing "illegal?"

Call the poleeeeeeeeeeece, help!!!

TacDavey was pwned. big grin

Old Post Aug 27th, 2012 12:42 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TacDavey

Originally posted by dadudemon
Here's the evidence:

laughing laughing "illegal?"

Call the poleeeeeeeeeeece, help!!!

TacDavey was pwned. big grin

Oh, I see how it is. Everyone wants to have some fun at ol TacDavey's expense instead of debating the topic, huh? And it's a good match up too! Admit it! ADMIT IT!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 07:26 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

these people get assimilated

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 09:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Have the Borg assimilated synthetic species before? Would they even need to?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2012 10:27 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by XanatosForever
Have the Borg assimilated synthetic species before? Would they even need to?

They [try to] assimilate any species that can add something of benefit to the collective. Can't recall if they've ever assimilated a synthetic (tried with Data, did his body, but his positronic brain proved too much), but they've assimilated a species composed of pure energy before.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2012 08:23 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

The Geth don't run on anything like positrons, I don't think, but they might have some issues converting the collective to their cause. The Reapers, Ancient synthetic psuedo-gods from the Mass Effect universe, were only successful in converting a portion of the Geth to their cause...at least, in one player choice path, though I believe that is the canon result.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2012 01:16 AM
TacDavey

Originally posted by XanatosForever
The Reapers, Ancient synthetic psuedo-gods from the Mass Effect universe, were only successful in converting a portion of the Geth to their cause...

Wasn't that because the signal couldn't make it to the others for some reason or another? I thought I remember Legion saying something about that.

The Borg have transporter tech that the Geth don't, though they can kind of shoot themselves down to planets and stuff.

Also, can the Borg breath in space? I seem to remember them being vented out into space as a way of killing the Borg but I can't quite remember. If that's the case, I suppose the Geth could vent the ships if they ever have Borg transport over.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 01:16 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wasn't that because the signal couldn't make it to the others for some reason or another? I thought I remember Legion saying something about that.

The Borg have transporter tech that the Geth don't, though they can kind of shoot themselves down to planets and stuff.

Also, can the Borg breath in space? I seem to remember them being vented out into space as a way of killing the Borg but I can't quite remember. If that's the case, I suppose the Geth could vent the ships if they ever have Borg transport over.

Borg in general can survive in space, yes. Like in First Contact.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2012 03:40 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Now that we have the all versus forum, maybe this could be moved there?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2012 08:27 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Borg probably .

Old Post Sep 5th, 2012 04:14 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote