KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » All Versus character sorting thread.

All Versus character sorting thread.
Started by: ScreamPaste

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (37): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

All Versus character sorting thread.

Here is where we'll sort out characters into the tiers they truly belong in.

Let's begin with Master Chief.

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispac...+-+Master+Chief

The majority seem to feel he belongs in low meta, and I agree with that. His strength, IIRC is enough to lift two tons over head (Stated in some book or something) and he's also got a stated 20 millisecond reaction time, which is impressive, the suit gives him good survivability and he carries strong sci-fi weapons.

Where do we put Master Chief? If you voted in the other thread you can still vote here. This thread's voting takes precedence.

The moon and stars aren't just shades of lead

But you wouldn't know as you rest your head.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:05 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phanteros
the Shade knight

He should stay low meta. He's more of a peer to people like Spiderman and Iron fist(maybe not fist does have some feats that will put him above).

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:07 PM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Two for low meta so far. Does anyone have points to discuss about MC that may be being overlooked?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:11 PM
ScreamPaste is currently offline Click here to Send ScreamPaste a Private Message Find more posts by ScreamPaste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Etherean Fire
Noble Al-LIE

He also survived a fall from orbit, so there's durability. Low Meta. Anything above would be absurd; anything beneath would be lowballing.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:12 PM
Etherean Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Etherean Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Etherean Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

High Street. Those feats are well below the strength and speed of Spider-Man, and his guns don't close that gap.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:15 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Well, the big thing here is his armour. I can't see Chief taking out most low metas (like Spider-Man) but I can't imagine most high streets taking him down either because of that armour. If he is high street, he's the top of it.

Bane, Batgirl, Batman, Black Panther, Blacklash, Bronze Tiger, Bullseye, Captain America, The Cat, Constantine Drakon, Daredevil, Elektra, Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Hush, Kingpin, Lady Shiva, Ravager, Red Skull, Richard Dragon, Rose Tattoo, Taskmaster, Union Jack, Nightwing, Red Hood

How many of them can consistently win against Chief? Not many. It's in low meta where the consistent losses for Chief come:

3-D Man, Ambrose Chase, Angel, Arachne, Arana, Azrael, Beast, Black Canary, Black Tarantula, Blade, Blue Beetle (Dan Garrett), Bruenor Battlehammer, Century, Charcoal, Charlie 27, Constrictor, Creeper, Cyber, Dagger, Deadpool, Deathlok, Deathstroke the Terminator, Doc Ock, Drizzt Do'Urden, Elixer, Falcon, Firehawk, Gambit, Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Iron Fist, Jakita Wagner, Karnak, Kid Devil, Killer Croc, Klaw, Lady Deathstrike, Longshot, Luke Cage, Man-Bat, Marrina (Normal), Mercury, Midnighter, Mister Hyde, Multiple Man, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Nuke, Orka Humbug, Prometheus, Protocide, Puck, Puma, Rage, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silver Samurai, Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, Swift, Thunder Cats, Tombstone, Triathalon, Vance Astro, Vanguard, Vermin, Vulture, Warpath, Wildchild, Wizard, Wolverine, Wulfgar, X-23

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:20 PM
Impediment
Endless

Since I'm a Sony fan boy, I can't comment on MC's abilities.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:21 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
Since I'm a Sony fan boy, I can't comment on MC's abilities.

You'll come in handy when it comes time to discuss Kratos, then.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:22 PM
ares834

Master Chief for Low Meta.

Low Meta for me as well. Sure, some low metas can beat him but he can beat plenty of others as well such as Vulture and Killer Croc.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:22 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Assuming this is the thread I was working on so I'm going to scrap it but Chief is low meta. Him allegedly not being as strong as Spider-Man doesn't prevent him from entering the tier. He is too durable and strong to be high street, reflexes are way above them and human levels. The guy can easily flip warthogs.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:26 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Low Meta then, only for his Armour.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:26 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Assuming this is the thread I was working on so I'm going to scrap it but Chief is low meta. Him allegedly not being as strong as Spider-Man doesn't prevent him from entering the tier. He is too durable and strong to be high street, reflexes are way above them and human levels. The guy can easily flip warthogs.

Oh, my bad, man. Don't scrap it. D:

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:31 PM
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Low meta sounds about right, even if he's on the low end.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:35 PM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by BloodRain
Low Meta then, only for his Armour.

Everyone will be in their tier only for the reason that put them there.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:50 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Meant that its the only thing pushing him into the low-end of that tier.

We all in agreement then?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:55 PM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Don't seem to be much objections.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:55 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

All right, we'll leave Master Chief's discussion open, but move onto the next character...

Kenshiro! C'mon, Wei, I know you've got something to say about this.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2013 11:58 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Mid-meta at least, for reasons stated in previous threads. Intimate knowledge of the human body, able to copy the styles and use them perfectly after just watching someone, strength easily in the 100 tons and supposedly exceeding that ten times over, one part being when he effortlessly lifted a rock and carried it uphill without even using all of his strength. Insane reflexes, one of his moves is where he catches an arrow between his fore and middle finger, then flips it around and chucks it at the shooter. He did this to a volley of arrows all at once and hit everyone in the middle of their forehead. If you're a believer of whips breaking the sound barrier and all of that, then he tied Uighur's whips together without him or anyone being able to see it. His fight with Han had them both attacking so fast that at first no one could see it, it appeared as though they were both standing still, Shachi was then able to see it, but I believe he was the only one out of the few people watching. He has immense blunt and physical durability, arrows and blades can pierce his skin.

Musou Tensei is his ultimate technique, some will say that it grants him intangibility and that's not completely incorrect, he can't just willingly walk around or go intangible, it is a counter move, it's exact definition has yet to be fully explained but it's like he transmigrates from one place to another, reincarnation in a way. Someone would punch him and he would just appear somewhere else and can attack while doing this. After fully mastering it he was allowed to fight while in a coma.

He's a tricky character to rate and gauge. To this day I have yet to find a good match for him, he either stomps horribly or loses horribly, best match so far is against Akuma and I'm convinced that the winner is whoever hits the other first. A lot of high metas and maybe even some low heralds would die from one attack from him but what prevents him from being high meta in my opinion is that a lot of them with range would win because of that. As I said Iron Man should win every match unless he decides to try and go h2h or let Ken get an attack. Ken has ranged attacks as well but that's really not enough or even comparable to most others. I can see him in high meta since he would beat a lot of mids, but I'm really fine with him being there. I can provide videos and whatnot of most of these skills if needed.

EDIT: I may be saying mid-meta just to prevent myself from overselling one of my favorite characters and sounding like a biased fanboy. So mid or high, you guys can help decide based off of what I said and the videos I'll provide in a few.

You Wa Shock!

Last edited by Wei Phoenix on Aug 21st, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 12:17 AM
ScreamPaste
Carpe Noctem

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Mid-meta at least, for reasons stated in previous threads. Intimate knowledge of the human body, able to copy the styles and use them perfectly after just watching someone, strength easily in the 100 tons and supposedly exceeding that ten times over, one part being when he effortlessly lifted a rock and carried it uphill without even using all of his strength. Insane reflexes, one of his moves is where he catches an arrow between his fore and middle finger, then flips it around and chucks it at the shooter. He did this to a volley of arrows all at once and hit everyone in the middle of their forehead. If you're a believer of whips breaking the sound barrier and all of that, then he tied Uighur's whips together without him or anyone being able to see it. His fight with Han had them both attacking so fast that at first no one could see it, it appeared as though they were both standing still, Shachi was then able to see it, but I believe he was the only one out of the few people watching. He has immense blunt and physical durability, arrows and blades can pierce his skin.

Musou Tensei is his ultimate technique, some will say that it grants him intangibility and that's not completely incorrect, he can't just willingly walk around or go intangible, it is a counter move, it's exact definition has yet to be fully explained but it's like he transmigrates from one place to another, reincarnation in a way. Someone would punch him and he would just appear somewhere else and can attack while doing this. After fully mastering it he was allowed to fight while in a coma.

He's a tricky character to rate and gauge. To this day I have yet to find a good match for him, he either stomps horribly or loses horribly, best match so far is against Akuma and I'm convinced that the winner is whoever hits the other first. A lot of high metas and maybe even some low heralds would die from one attack from him but what prevents him from being high meta in my opinion is that a lot of them with range would win because of that. As I said Iron Man should win every match unless he decides to try and go h2h or let Ken get an attack. Ken has ranged attacks as well but that's really not enough or even comparable to most others. I can see him in high meta since he would beat a lot of mids, but I'm really fine with him being there. I can provide videos and whatnot of most of these skills if needed.

EDIT: I may be saying mid-meta just to prevent myself from overselling one of my favorite characters and sounding like a biased fanboy. So mid or high, you guys can help decide based off of what I said and the videos I'll provide in a few.

From the description of his abilities, I'd be hard pressed to say one or the other. It /sounds/ like high meta stuff with some hax powers thrown in on top of the straight up power he has, but I could see him sitting in high based on that, too. Need more opinions.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 12:23 AM
Phanteros
the Shade knight

I honesty think Kenshiro should be High meta. He can take out majority of the mid meta on hax alone. While he is out classed by people like Iron Man for his range and artillery and Magneto for his electromagnetic spectrum he can base be a entry example of a high meta.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2013 12:37 AM
Phanteros is currently offline Click here to Send Phanteros a Private Message Find more posts by Phanteros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote