KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Thor vs Link

Thor vs Link
Started by: NotAllThatEvil

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Thor vs Link

I saw one of those pictures where nintendo characters are the Avengers and it got me thinking.

Round one. The hero of time vs the cinematic Thor.

Round two. Comic Thor vs a composite Link.

Thor is grounded. Fight in an abandoned city. Will Nintrndo's swordsman smite the scandanavian god, or will marvel maul the green clad mute?

Old Post Jan 24th, 2016 08:45 PM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

MCU could lose

Comic Thor stomps

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 01:20 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Thor rapes in both.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 01:32 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I don't know. I do not follow comics that much, but link has some crazy stuff.

Pretty sure he beats the movie though. Unless i missed something.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2016 01:34 AM
NotAllThatEvil is currently offline Click here to Send NotAllThatEvil a Private Message Find more posts by NotAllThatEvil Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I am currently under the impression that link would win.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 04:39 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
I am currently under the impression that link would win.
You would be correct

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 01:52 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Is this the same puzzle-solving fairy from Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask? And if so, what happened? Because back then even Electra should've been able to use her superior acrobatics to drive one of her sai through his frontal bone.

Last edited by Astner on Jan 26th, 2016 at 09:41 PM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 09:32 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Link is pretty acrobatic. Plus that puzzle solving fairy threw a giant pillar of granite like it was nothing.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2016 10:57 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Link is pretty acrobatic.

The in-game back flip-animation was pretty much the extent of his acrobatics.

Plus that puzzle solving fairy threw a giant pillar of granite like it was nothing.

It was with magically enchanted gauntlets that let him do just that. It didn't make him hit any harder, block any better, or take more damage.

And like with the Silver Gauntlets he was still locked into a slow-walk mode with the Golden Gauntlets when he lifted regular two meter-tall boulders making them next to useless in an actual fight.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:05 AM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

He shielded against a volcanic explosion. How is he suppose to block better than that? Also he did get something that allowed him to take more damage.

Is there something about movie Thor that would allow him to win? If so, what?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:28 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

He shielded against a volcanic explosion. How is he suppose to block better than that?

Not in Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask he didn't.

Also he did get something that allowed him to take more damage.

That was an enchantment that had nothing to do with the gauntlets and functionally only granted a bonus that pertained to the mechanics of the game.

Link is not a character that has impenetrable skin or can regenerate from having his head lobbed off.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 12:52 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

He can jump of a cliff and take no damage by doing a tuck-and-roll and took a magic lightning blast to face as a nine yearold. He waded through lava and got punched by a goron. Link is one tough cookie. What makes you think Thor can lob his head off?

And yes, he shielded from a volcano in OoT.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 01:11 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

He can jump of a cliff and take no damage by doing a tuck-and-roll

Can you be a bit more specific in regards to the scenes because I recall most falls in the game being lethal to Link, whether directly lethal—it reset the area as if you never jumped but with one less heart—or indirectly lethal—it did damage and could kill you.

and took a magic lightning blast to face as a nine yearold.

A casual blast meant to knock Link back on

He waded through lava and got punched by a goron.

It was pat on the back, not a punch, and it actually hurt him.

And you died if you fell in lava—or the area got reset and you lost a heart. Heck, you even died if you stayed too long in the fire temple without the Red Tunic because it was too hot for him.

And yes, he shielded from a volcano in OoT.

No, Link was actually taken out of the Fire Temple to the Temple of Time before the volcano's minor eruption.

Start at 3:00.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 01:26 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

In the fire temple you could wade through lava. It hurt but thats only because ITS LAVA. The eruption that happened when he was nine. He got punched by a goron MM. And i was thinking of the cliff when you climb death mountain.

But what has Thor done in the movies to match any of this? Does he have a feat that puts him on Link's level?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 01:32 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

In the fire temple you could wade through lava. It hurt but thats only because ITS LAVA.

I forgot, there is shallow lava in the game that you could walk on and take damage over time for doing so. The problem with that is that it's purely game-mechanical. You wouldn't argue that a herd of hens would deal more damage than being thrown face-down into a pool of lava, would you?

Hit Points—or Hearts in this game—is not a proper gauge of a character's health or durability. It's a meta-fictional game-mechanic used to enrich the player-experience. You don't have Metal Gear fans arguing that Solid Snake can shrug off a tank shell to the face because it didn't drain 100% of his health bar in his fight against Raven on Easy Mode.

The eruption that happened when he was nine. He got punched by a goron MM. And i was thinking of the cliff when you climb death mountain.

You will have to post those scenes yourself because at this point I have no idea what you're referring to.

Last edited by Astner on Jan 27th, 2016 at 01:50 AM

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 01:48 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

So what has thor done to be able to take link down?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 02:38 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

I couldn't agree with you more about the hit points. Which is why I consider the Golden gauntlets boosting link's strength despite the enemies having the same hit points.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 03:24 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Which is why I consider the Golden gauntlets boosting link's strength despite the enemies having the same hit points.

Those were two different arguments.

There is nothing in-game that implies that the Silver- or Golden Gauntlets augment anything other than lifting capacity. For instance: The Megaton Hammer does allow Link to smash two out of the three boulder-types in the game to pieces, and this is not altered in any way after you obtain the gauntlets; if the game designers decided to make the rock that takes to strikes before it's destroyed to take one then you could've made an argument for the Gauntlets augmenting Link's striking power but as it stands you can't.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 03:40 AM
NotAllThatEvil
perpetual new guy.

Its just a game mechanic. The gauntlets were obviously meant to make link stronger especially based on naburu's dialogue and the text box when you get them. The enemies and and the hammer are just game mechanic. The master sword is the most powerful weapon in Zelda lore, yet the biggoron sword does more damage. No one is going to argue that its more powerful than a sentient blade that cut a continent in half.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 03:46 AM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

The Gauntlets were meant to make Link able to lift and move heavy objects and nothing else.

The Master Sword is weaker than the Big Goron Sword, the only advantage the Master Sword has over it is its ability to banish evil. That's why you could only defeat Ganon with the Master Sword.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2016 04:29 AM