KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Amazo vs. Phoenix

Amazo vs. Phoenix
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Amazo vs. Phoenix

*JLU Amazon

vs.

Dark Phoenix from the Xmen Animated Series

*Fight takes place on an indestructible planet

(please log in to view the image)

vs.

(please log in to view the image)

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 07:44 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

What did Dark Phoenix do?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 08:16 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Sent Gladiator flying out of the Solar System with a blast, dove into the sun to contain the power of the M'Kraan Crystal, shielded Jean's ship during atmospheric re-entry, teleported hundreds of mutants out of another dimension, was able to break through Jason Wyngarde's telepathic control/save Scott Summers from dying,

I'm still going through the episodes

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 08:25 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

As impressive as that all sounds, it also seems like things that are within Amazo's power. For example, when he teleported Oa to another dimension, it was against the power of all the Guardians at once.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2016 08:50 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

In the Episode Dark Phoenix, she flys out of the solar system and opens up a portal to a new galaxy . She then flys past this ship and plunges into a star, within seconds the Star becomes a Supernova and the ship escapes claiming Phoenix destroyed an entire Star System.

The feat is around 7:30-7:55

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2016 06:19 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Edit: Jean claims it was a Solar System in the following episode, but the Shi'ar system claims it wiped out an entire star system.

Take your pick

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2016 06:42 PM
Utrigita

And it doesn't matter one bit because Amazo will just copy Phoenix powers, adding them to his own.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2016 07:10 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I suppose one might argue if the chaotic magics of Chaos Grundy f*cked with Amazo then Phoenix might do the same.

On the other hand if when Amazo tells Lex Luthor why doesn't he just destroy "everything" it could be interpreted that he meant more than just Earth, but we don't know for sure.

Personally I would think Amazo probably does copy the energies of the Phoenix as really only some funky plot device magic gave him issues and the Phoenix isn't magical last I checked.

Also if you went strictly by the collection of heroes Amazo took on and owned, they greatly surpass the mutants, etc. that Phoenix slapped down when it comes to power.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 23rd, 2016 at 11:43 PM

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2016 11:40 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Amazo. Easily.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 05:55 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is also the casualness with which Amazo did things. Like moving a planet not due to it being a threat, but shunting it into another dimension merely because it was in his way.

Also he pulled a Buddha on Lex and The Atom when they tried to escape to the sub-atomic universe. He was just all "nope guess what you're now somehow in the palm of my hand".

I wish they would of kept in the scene from the JLU series finale where during the Darkseid invasion it shows Amazo is another dimension just going "I wonder if it's safe to go back yet?".

Old Post Jul 24th, 2016 11:41 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote