KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Dark Tower Connections

Dark Tower Connections
Started by: UCanShootMyNova

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

Dark Tower Connections

The Green Mile

"And suddenly the world fell back into place for me. The spirit of discord, which had jumbled my thoughts like powerful fingers sifting through sand or grains of rice, was gone.

-

"Harry had been with John... and whatever spirit it is that opposes that other, demonic one, it was in John Coffey that night. And when John stepped forward to face Warden Moores, it was that other spirit -
something white, that's how I think of it, as something white - which took control of the situation. The other thing didn't leave, but I could see it drawing back like a shadow in a sudden strong light.

"Stop it. I tried to say. Stop it, let go of my hands, I'm going to drown if you don't. Down or explode."

-

"I leaned forward, gasping. Between my knees I could see every crack in the cement floor, every groove, every flash of mica. I looked up at the wall and saw names that had been written there in 1924, 1926, 1931. Those names had been washed away, the men who had written them had also been washed away, in a manner of speaking, but I guess you can never wash anything completely away, not from this dark glass of a world, and now I saw them again, a tangle of names overlying one another, and looking at them was like listening to the dead speak and sing and cry out for mercy. I felt my eyeballs pulsing in their sockets, heard my own heart, felt the windy whoosh of my blood rushing through all the boulevards of my body like letters being mailed to everywhere. I heard a train whistle in the distance - the three fifty to Priceford, I imagine, but I couldn't be sure, because I'd never heard it before. Not from Cold Mountain, I hadn't, because the closest it came to the state pen was was ten miles east. i couldn't have heard it from the pen, so you would have said and so, until November of '32, I would have believed, but I heard it that day.

-

"I turned and looked at him. I could see every red snap in his eyes, and I could see every pore on his face... and I could feel his hurt."

-

"I could see the darkness he had spoken of, too. It lay in all the spaces of the world as he saw it."

-

"John Coffey touched the mouse the way he touched you. He didn't just make you better of what was wrong with you then, he made you... what, resistant?

-

"Resistant to the things that eventually the rest of us down like trees with termites in them. You... and him. Mr. Jingles. When he cupped Mr. Jingles in his hands."

"That's right. Whatever power worked through John did that."

-

"I could see the shadows I had mistaken for John... but it hadn't been only shadows."

-

"Pouring out of him and onto me, whatever strange force he had in him coming through our joined hands in a way our love and hope and good intentions somehow never can, a feeling that began as a tingle, and then turned into something tidal and enormous, a force beyond anything I had ever experienced before or have experienced since. Since that day I have never had pneumonia, or the flu, or even a strep throat. I have never had another urinary infection, or so much as an infected cut."

-

"The ills that have taken my friends the same-generation loved ones until their are none of them left - the strokes, the cancers, the heart attacks, the liver diseases, the blood diseases - have all left me untouched."

-

"In 1932, John Coffey inoculated me with life. Electrocuted me with life, you might say.

-

"I have at least one old man's ill: I suffer from INSOMNIA. Late at night I lie in my bed, listening to the dank and hopeless sounds of infirm men coughing their courses deeper into old age."

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 06:29 PM
UCanShootMyNova is currently offline Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

For anybody who's read Stephen King's novel "Insomnia" you'll recognize the parallels immediately. Not only do Paul's senses become enhanced immediately after being touched by "the force" that lay within John but he becomes resistant to all illnesses and injuries as well. All but one: insomnia."

It seems to me to be a near identical experience to the one Ralph has in insomnia after he was visited by "the little green men."

Other things to note would be that the force within John Coffey that countered the demonic force is recognized as "white."

The White being the force of good in the Dark Tower universe that seeks to preserve the Tower is counterbalanced by the Outer Dark who seek to destroy it. The beings existing within the Prim ( the cracks between reality ) who will be free upon the Tower's destruction being commonly known as "demons."

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Jul 7th, 2017 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2017 06:40 PM
UCanShootMyNova is currently offline Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Nice find. If it's a new find u could submit it here and maybe get credit for it.

http://stephenking.com/darktower/co...ission_form.php

Out of curiosity, why did u post this in the foreign cinema forum and not the book discussion forum?

Last edited by Raptor22 on Jul 8th, 2017 at 03:54 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 03:51 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Didn't know where it was supposed to go and the Foreign Cinema section seems to be a place for general fiction.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2017 05:30 PM