KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » Tron vs. CLU

Tron vs. CLU
Started by: Mendax

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mendax
Hand of God

Tron vs. CLU

As of Legacy.

Put both of them in an indestructible and inescapable dome. They are armed only with their discs. Who would win?

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2019 11:07 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

anyone?

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 03:48 PM
Mendax is currently offline Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Eh? This already happened, and Clu won. Every canon source confirms this. confused

Thing with Clu is that you really can't beat him on the Grid unless you're Flynn, as he is essentially a program duplicate OF Flynn(albeit with perhaps slightly less 'access level'.)

While Clu may not have the privileges required to create programs within the Grid(something only Flynn can do), he does have the ability to rewrite essentially any program(s) he wants -- even those created by Flynn's hand to try and stop him. Hence Flynn's line from the film: "Clu fed on my resistance. The more I fought, the more powerful he became. It was impressive, really."

IOW, Clu's ability to repurpose programs to suit his own needs > Flynn's ability to create them. That's why not even Flynn could beat Clu while inside the Grid -- his only option was reintegration, which seemingly killed them both.

In 'forum-speak' it would look something like this:
Flynn=Admin, Clu=Co-Admin, Tron=Global Mod, and guys like General Tesler=Forum Mods.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 4th, 2019 at 05:14 PM

Old Post Apr 4th, 2019 05:07 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

I thought the other orange guards there helped CLU beat Tron?

I've never heard of general Tesler, so i'm guessing he's a new character? Were there any other high level programs on the grid besides the ones you listed?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2019 01:08 AM
NemeBro

CLU is able to completely no-sell a derezzing disc. He is literally invulnerable to anything Tron could do to him.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2019 01:30 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mendax
Hand of God

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
CLU is able to completely no-sell a derezzing disc. He is literally invulnerable to anything Tron could do to him.
Really? When was that?

Old Post Apr 5th, 2019 01:33 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mendax
I thought the other orange guards there helped CLU beat Tron?

I've never heard of general Tesler, so i'm guessing he's a new character? Were there any other high level programs on the grid besides the ones you listed?
During the flashback of Clu's coup in the film, we see Tron easily dispatch the Black Guards before Clu stepped in and overpowered him solo -- and the comic book adaption depicts the same thing. On top of that, Uprising states: "In his thirst for power, Clu betrayed his creator. Tron fought back, but Clu was too powerful." Tbh, Tron trying to fight Clu on the Grid is akin to Neo trying to fight the Trainman inside the train station: absolutely futile.

General Tesler is from Uprising. As mentioned, he was a very high-ranking member of Clu's faction -- probably #3 in overall command. Above him was Dyson, who was Clu's highest-ranking and deadliest soldier, with skills =/> Tron himself... In fact, he is who Clu replaced Tron with initially.

There are also a few other unique programs to consider, like Zuse/Castor, for example, but I digress...

Last edited by Galan007 on Apr 5th, 2019 at 03:36 AM

Old Post Apr 5th, 2019 03:30 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Why do they even call it Tron? He wasn't the main character in the first one, and he wasn't even in Legacy.

Should have named it Clu.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2019 11:38 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Because Flynn's digital universe is called the "Tron System".

Old Post Apr 5th, 2019 01:15 PM