KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Team America: World Police

Team America: World Police
Started by: Myth

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Team America: World Police

OMG! This movie could be freakin hillarious. The trailer just came out and its by the creators of South Park. Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/team_america/

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 07:13 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

the only funny part i saw wwas hwen they listed all the actors and were like are gonna be real mad

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 12:55 PM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JamalMagloire

Matt Stone and Trey Parker are simply brilliant! The trailer is freakin hilarious and I love the idea of the puppets, they look so funny!!

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 03:40 PM
JamalMagloire is currently offline Find more posts by JamalMagloire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mayhem23

I read that originally Stone and Parker's idea for the string puppets was a take for take copy of The Day After Tomorrow. But they were advised by their lawyers to "please don't do that". But I absolutly love the World Police idea and trailer.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 03:47 PM
Mayhem23 is currently offline Click here to Send Mayhem23 a Private Message Find more posts by Mayhem23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roundisfunny

Yeah, I hope it's as creatively subversive as it sounds. I've always like the Parker/Stone take on political commentary, because they do it right, not how they think they should do it.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Aug 4th, 2004 11:50 PM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

This movie will be gold. Trey Parker and Matt Stone have yet to faulter when it comes to their films.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 01:01 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloomBabyGirl
Bond....James Bond

this is gonna be the first

bitches bow down

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 01:09 AM
BloomBabyGirl is currently offline Click here to Send BloomBabyGirl a Private Message Find more posts by BloomBabyGirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Doubtful, don't let the unfunny preview fool you. Matt and Trey know better then to put all their good jokes in the preview thus allowing the audience to be disapointed by the actual movie. They'd rather give the audience low expectations with a preview, then to disapoint them with a good preview, but a lame movie, as most other comedies do.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 01:23 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
furryman
honky

Ahah it's Thunderbirds! laughing out loud I can't wait

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 01:35 AM
furryman is currently offline Click here to Send furryman a Private Message Find more posts by furryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

The preview doesn't show anything funny that is actually in the movie... but the creativity of the preview shows what these guys are capable of. And I agree, their political takes are the best in SP so I can't wait to see what they do with this.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 09:26 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JamalMagloire

These guys are creative geniuses. After seeing what they did with South Park, I'm sure they'll blow us out of the water with this one. As for the trailer, i agree that they don't want to give away all the best parts. Too often trailers do that and then by the time you see the whole movie you've already seen all the funny parts and it's a let down.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 05:17 PM
JamalMagloire is currently offline Find more posts by JamalMagloire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

South Park had amazing moments but I think it was too hit and miss. BASEKetball was a side-splittingly funny movie though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 5th, 2004 09:02 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

..i dont know man

Old Post Aug 6th, 2004 03:02 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JamalMagloire

I just read this article/interview in the LA Times about the movie and Matt and Trey were saying that after seeing the film people will wonder what side they're on, left or right, b/c they poke fun at both sides. Knowing that they have no "political ax to grind" makes me want to see it even more.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 05:05 PM
Spitback
Restricted

Account Restricted

looks good

15 months untill a big hard kick in the nuts up top family guy below a screenshots of big hard kick in the nuts.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2004 09:12 PM
Spitback is currently offline Click here to Send Spitback a Private Message Find more posts by Spitback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

From the trailer, it looks like no one is safe. Should be pretty funny.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 03:35 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

yea...this looks like it could hillarous..these two live to piss celebrities off..gotta love it

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 04:54 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Primitive Screwhead
Bullsh*tt!

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Doubtful, don't let the unfunny preview fool you. Matt and Trey know better then to put all their good jokes in the preview thus allowing the audience to be disapointed by the actual movie. They'd rather give the audience low expectations with a preview, then to disapoint them with a good preview, but a lame movie, as most other comedies do.

I hope you're right, BF... because that trailer was freaking awful.

Artwork by Cinemaddiction!!!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 05:31 PM
Primitive Screwhead is currently offline Click here to Send Primitive Screwhead a Private Message Find more posts by Primitive Screwhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JamalMagloire

Went to see Collateral this past weekend and saw the Team America trailer again...it got a good response and most people were laughing. Those puppets have to be the funniest thing ever...

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 03:13 PM
xemir

looks ****en stupid.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2004 05:41 PM
xemir is currently offline Click here to Send xemir a Private Message Find more posts by xemir Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote