KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » The Aeon Flux Movie

The Aeon Flux Movie
Started by: Curl_Up&Dye

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

The Aeon Flux Movie

Yes its true...

the one of the last wonderful smoldering remnants from the era of quality television, the one thing you'd never expect to fall victim to the cruel and often times disappointing hands of hollywood has well....fallen victim to the cruel and often times disappointing hands of hollywood.

Aeon Flux, created by Peter Chung and aired on Mtv late nights during the 90s, was one of the few and far between adult-geared, cable television aired anime/sci-fi series. It is currently undergoing the process of being sliced and diced by the Louis Vitton-made knife of director Karyn Kusama, and starring none other than Charlize Theron.

The casting directors really picked a winner this time. C'mon, what's an action movie without one blonde, american, ditzy, non-dubbed actress/actor. Without this one crucial actress (or actor...a-la Owen Wilson) we would live in a world where hilarious kung-fu related injuries, and millions of outtakes wouldn't exist.
With this casting choice, the transparent strategy of the Aeon Flux movie marketing team is revealed.
They're planning to bank more on the blooper reel than on the actual movie itself.

Look out America, the world of funny internet videos is about to be shaken by footage of Charlize Theron finding herself in the ER after injuries sustained by...GOSH... jumping on a trampoline in heels.

I'm sorry... is the stunt coordinator blonde too? Since when has jumping on a trampoline in heels become an acceptable technique when filming a stunt? My money's on that it was really just a dare to see if she would actually do it.

Alright...enough of my ranting...what do you guys think?

www.deadjournal.com/users/xmystoryx
the angriest journal this side of angryville

Last edited by Curl_Up&Dye on Oct 28th, 2004 at 01:49 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 01:40 AM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I truthfully think there is no reason to make this story into a feature leangth live action movie. Aeon flux wasnt even that popular. Yeah it had a nice cult following from some horny teenage boys, but other than it's peek on liquid television it diddnt have that large of a fallowing. There is a reason for this. There really isnt any story, or atleast any original story. there are plenty other anime driven stories out there that have amazing and intriguing stories. I think this movie is just being made to bank on sexuality and a cult following, sex being the big aspect.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 08:02 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

Nice.. I really like the art style of Aeon Flux.. along with the very dismal ending that finishes up each episode. big grin

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Oct 28th, 2004 10:25 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I remenber Aeon Flux! That cartoon started off on MTV Liquid Television. Then it became a spin off. But you know something they really screw it up when the spin-off. It was less bloodier and less gore than when it was in liquid TV. Hope the movie shows some signs of improvement.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 01:24 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
movieluver

i love charlize theron, and im lovin the idea of her carrying her own action movie, shell make it awesome, just like jennifer garner is going to make elektra awesome.
they are one of my favorite actresses, so that means they both will do really well, and wont let us down, and will do an awesome job, like they aways have! yes im a big movie person, and im very optimistic about movies and upcoming projects Im looking forwad too smile

Old Post Oct 29th, 2004 01:51 AM
movieluver is currently offline Click here to Send movieluver a Private Message Find more posts by movieluver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

I'm suprised that Aeon Flux was even picked up on by movie moguls, only because its from such a long time ago

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 05:11 PM
Curl_Up&Dye is currently offline Click here to Send Curl_Up&Dye a Private Message Find more posts by Curl_Up&Dye Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NiceGuynj
Your Name Here

well it goes to show with Charlize Theron that once you win an Oscar then you must be in an action movie.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2004 05:52 PM
NiceGuynj is currently offline Click here to Send NiceGuynj a Private Message Find more posts by NiceGuynj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Curl_Up&Dye
Pretty in Pink

i really dont think charlize theron was ever anything special to begin with.....

im suprised angelina jolie wasnt in the running.... her and mila jovovich have a monopoly over ass kicking chick action movies

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2004 06:00 PM
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=179178

They posted some more tidbits on msn about Aeon Flux smile

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 01:53 AM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

I checked out the official site the other day. Some cool stuff on there.

Old Post May 5th, 2005 12:58 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Filmmaker451
the spirit within

Teaser poster:

(please log in to view the image)

I don't like it much but incase you do there you go.

The saga is complete! Buy the beginning of the end trilogy in stores today

Old Post May 7th, 2005 09:35 AM
Filmmaker451 is currently offline Click here to Send Filmmaker451 a Private Message Find more posts by Filmmaker451 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Holcomb

There are some cool new stills that just came out. Has anyone else seen them?

http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=7442

Old Post May 13th, 2005 08:03 PM
Holcomb is currently offline Click here to Send Holcomb a Private Message Find more posts by Holcomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote