KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Review: The Incredibles

Review: The Incredibles
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

"The Incredibles"

Did you ever think a superhero could be, well, too super for one town? This is a conundrum faced by the former Mr. Incredible, Bob Parr. Cast out of the super society and into suburbia, Parr settles down with the former Elastigirl, Helen, where they produced a trio in Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack. Pushing pencils in a insurance company desk job, it just so happens his city of the month is once again in peril. Who better to save the world than...THE INCREDIBLES!

"The Incredibles" ushers in so many new elements in an animated feature era, which they have helmed since "Toy Story". The animation is tear-enducingly polished, and leaves you awestruck. From framing to sweeps, its big feature cinematography makes you forget you're watching a cartoon.

The meat of the movie, beefing up both the visual and audible signature adult content, PIXAR maintains a happy medium, where kids can follow along as well. It's fast paced and involving, yet extremely easy to follow, and subsequently get lost in. Voice talents in Craig T. Nelson, Jason Lee, and Holly Hunter are on point.

"The Incredibles" is PIXAR's way of flexing their maturity muscle. As this movie is akin to an animated modern comic book movie, with old school comic flare. In typical PIXAR fashion, you come away with a super message. With strong family values and togetherness, you can always overcome adversity, no matter how pressing.

Ladies and gentlemen, I am convinced. PIXAR can do no wrong. With that, I highly recommend this movie to anyone and everyone reading this almost pointless review. Pointless, because the words "Go see it", while as simple as it should be, don't credit the ingenius accomplishments of Bird and crew.

Incredibles, indeed.

Last edited by Cory Chaos on Nov 6th, 2004 at 01:46 AM

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 01:33 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

your reviews are kick @ss, dude! i'llbe watchin it tonight.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 01:47 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
justinday15
Jay

I just want to see it because i heard theres an Episode III preview.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 02:47 AM
justinday15 is currently offline Click here to Send justinday15 a Private Message Find more posts by justinday15 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

First off Great Review Cinnema.
Second The Episode Three trailer is on the movie.
Lastly This movie kicked I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 05:27 AM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
moonwalker741
1039-Smoothed

it looks good, alot of cgi movies always turn out to be very entertaining..

and also, how was the episode three teaser on the big screen? eek! smile

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 05:50 AM
moonwalker741 is currently offline Click here to Send moonwalker741 a Private Message Find more posts by moonwalker741 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

this movie was bad @ss! easily the best movie pixar made. yes... it was batter than NEMO.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:39 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emma718
posthuman

quote:
Originally posted by mc pee pants
this movie was bad @ss! easily the best movie pixar made. yes... it was batter than NEMO.

really? it looks good

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 11:56 AM
Emma718 is currently offline Click here to Send Emma718 a Private Message Find more posts by Emma718 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

The Episode 3 trailer, on the big screen, was killer. I was sitting there almost shaking, it was so cool.

As for the movie, easily better than "Nemo". You have to understand that with Bird, who also did "The Iron Giant" for Disney, they are taking a little more "mature" approach. "Finding Nemo" was safe, had a kid fish as a main character,yadda, yadda, yadda. This time, with "The Incredibles", it revolves around a family, but they are superheroes. Violence comes with the territory. There's gunplay, and lasers, and fighting. It's all tastefully done, no blood and such.

It may not seem like it, but given the adult appeal in this movie, the fact that it's still safe for kids to see too is just an accomplishment beyond belief. Even more so than "Toy Story".

Probably going to see this atleast once more.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 01:31 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

This is one film I am looking forwards to immensely when released here later in the month!

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 02:28 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

I'm very excited about this movie. Hopefully I can see it next weekend. Can't this weekend I'm to sick. sad

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 04:01 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The Episode 3 trailer, on the big screen, was killer. I was sitting there almost shaking, it was so cool.

It was that awesome, After getting back from the Incredibles I went and watch Star Wars Ep.I....So Awesome....So excited.

And yes, The Incredibles was easily better then Nemo. But I wasn't a big fan of Nemo.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 04:50 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vaya_the_elf
You know you love elves

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>
It was that awesome, After getting back from the Incredibles I went and watch Star Wars Ep.I....So Awesome....So excited.

And yes, The Incredibles was easily better then Nemo. But I wasn't a big fan of Nemo.

I loved nemo, part of it is that i work at Jacks aquarium and pets. So I know a lot about fish.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 04:56 PM
vaya_the_elf is currently offline Click here to Send vaya_the_elf a Private Message Find more posts by vaya_the_elf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
I loved nemo, part of it is that i work at Jacks aquarium and pets. So I know a lot about fish.

It just wasn't that....interesting.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 05:03 PM
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

I might go see it.I don't know it looks pretty funny but still alittle stupid.The only person I could see it with is one of my friends.My boyfriend said he would not be caught dead watching that movie.
JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:28 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction

As for the movie, easily better than "Nemo". You have to understand that with Bird, who also did "The Iron Giant" for Disney, they are taking a little more "mature" approach. "Finding Nemo" was safe, had a kid fish as a main character,yadda, yadda, yadda. This time, with "The Incredibles", it revolves around a family, but they are superheroes. Violence comes with the territory. There's gunplay, and lasers, and fighting. It's all tastefully done, no blood and such.

It may not seem like it, but given the adult appeal in this movie, the fact that it's still safe for kids to see too is just an accomplishment beyond belief. Even more so than "Toy Story".

Probably going to see this atleast once more.

and it also dealt with family problems. the typical problems... like a fight at the dinner table and lying to your spouse and trying to fit in with the crowd. this movie is way beyond awesome.

and i didn't get to see the EP III trailer. i was so waiting for it

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:38 PM
Solo

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Malfoy
I might go see it.I don't know it looks pretty funny but still alittle stupid.The only person I could see it with is one of my friends.My boyfriend said he would not be caught dead watching that movie.
JM

Well tell your boyfriend he's a mother ****ing ****er.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Only Joking....I guess

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 07:53 PM
~JP~
yeah baby

THis movie was seriously cute. I laughed my ass off at the kid on the big wheels or whatever that was.

Cine I LOVE your sig. yes

Old Post Nov 6th, 2004 09:37 PM
~JP~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~JP~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~JP~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

quote:
JM

Your boyfriend is insecure.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 12:08 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darktim1

I thought the movie was great it had great action and I saw the episode3 trailer and it looked awesome dash was my favorite all that running was cool when beat crap out of the security guards.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 12:24 AM
darktim1 is currently offline Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
My boyfriend said he would not be caught dead watching that movie.

Drag his ass to theatre, point at the lines of literally HUNDREDS of adults, without children at that, then make him rethink it.

Now, if he can't appreciate the medium, that's understandable. But like Isaid, you get into the movie, you totally forget that in essence, you're watching a cartoon.

quote:
Originally posted by <<Solo>>
Well tell your boyfriend he's a mother ****ing ****er.

laughing So angry. I love it.

quote:
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess

Cine I LOVE your sig. yes

Thanks, hun. I had my Anakin sig up yesterday, after geeking out over the E3 trailer, but "The Incredibles" blew me away, so it's my new obsession. Prolly going to make one for Violet, Dash, and Elastigirl, soon.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 02:51 AM