KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » King Kong: Best CGI character ever

King Kong: Best CGI character ever
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

King Kong: Best CGI character ever

King Kong is currently the best CGI character I have ever seen, topping Gollum and Ep. 2-3 Yoda. I've never seen a more convincing piece of CGI ever in my life and it's actually the 1st time I couldn't really tell the difference between it being CGI and looking fake. It felt good. With Yoda and Gollum I found micro flaws but with the CGI Kong I saw none. I was as if he were 100% real down to Gorilla mannerisms, the hair, the skin it's shine, the way he convincingly handled Anne and how she so perfectly moved in sync with his movement. And Kong didn't look like the monster type, he looked like a genuine Gorilla unlike other Kong reflections where they make him look like a monster on 2 legs or the typical "Guy in a Kong suit" look. It's the feeling I've been looking for since Jurrasic Park. Convingcing looking computer graphic imagry. Peter has raised the bar on CGI once more this time flawlessly. At last.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 09:51 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Ya CGI Kong is great. But he DOES look like a monster, he has like sharp teeth and stuff, but yeah great motion capture by andy too. Spiderman 2 had great CGI too. Amazing cgi, like the one where he was just swinging (camera close to spidermans mask) just before he falls when he loses his powers...

Last edited by xNIXSONx on Dec 15th, 2005 at 11:11 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 11:09 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Yes, King Kong is the best. Why? Because it's newer. Next year's movies will no doubt surpass that, and so on, and so on.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 11:35 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't seen the movie yet but I've seen clips and I here by dub him the best CGI character so far.He really seems to show emotion and to Silverstein,a lot of gorillas in real life have sharp teeth like Kong.

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Last edited by Kal-El_08 on Dec 16th, 2005 at 02:31 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 02:28 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Agree best cgi character, kong rules and that fight scene was amazing....

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 04:33 AM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

^ thumb up

The Fight scene between Kong and the 3 Rex's is absolutley amazing.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 05:55 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

No doubt, but after he gets shot on the back he reminds me of Yoda having the face expression when losing his grip and falling. Immitation?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 05:06 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

King Kong fights dirty kung fu

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 03:13 PM
Council#13 is currently offline Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by redcaped
No doubt, but after he gets shot on the back he reminds me of Yoda having the face expression when losing his grip and falling. Immitation?

ME TOO!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2006 06:45 PM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I wonder how Andy Serkis did all that roaring for Kong.......

"It wasn't even about the eggs. Quite frankly I like the eggs, I don't have no...problem with...It's just there's always been a lot of tension between me & Lois. It's not so much as I want to kill her...I just want her...to not be...alive anymore. I sometimes wonder if all women are this difficult. Then I think to myself, wouldn't it be MARVELOUS if I turned out to be a homosexual?"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 05:41 AM
Kal-El_08 is currently offline Click here to Send Kal-El_08 a Private Message Find more posts by Kal-El_08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dusty

Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
I wonder how Andy Serkis did all that roaring for Kong.......

laughing out loud Maybe because he didn't.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 05:51 AM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
b-dan
Son of Sparda

Originally posted by JKozzy
Yes, King Kong is the best. Why? Because it's newer. Next year's movies will no doubt surpass that, and so on, and so on.
ya rite you are i still like Godzilla better than King KOng movie was amazing!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 8th, 2006 05:51 AM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkWizard
laughing out loud Maybe because he didn't.

Yes,he did.He was doing the roaring for Kong on TV one day just to shpow people.How could you not know that?

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 04:25 AM
SIC_666
You Made Me....

Yoda B betta

"My god..The House of Ribs..Gone"

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 02:48 PM
SIC_666 is currently offline Click here to Send SIC_666 a Private Message Find more posts by SIC_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kal-El_08
Restricted

Account Restricted

No,I don't think so.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2006 05:35 AM
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

yoda was great but he has like 7 months beneath kong, in another 16 months cgi will be flawless

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 05:40 AM
Stealth Agent is currently offline Click here to Send Stealth Agent a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Agent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

**** King Kong. Seriously. There has yet to be a CGI character that has the HUMAN INTERACTION, that makes you TOTALLY FORGET HE'S CGI, other than Gollum/Smeagol.

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 08:30 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stealth Agent
Screen Writer

in my opionon king kong does that

Old Post Jan 25th, 2006 01:56 PM
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

The CGI in King Kong is terrible. Even Hulk did a better job.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2006 05:13 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

You should know that a movie done by Peter will be done perfect. Peter is like the best director.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2006 11:41 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote