KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Davey Jones vs. Gollum

?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Gollum - LOTR 7 20.59%
Davey Jones - POTC2 21 61.76%
King Kong, The T-1000, other... 6 17.65%
Total: 34 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Davey Jones vs. Gollum
Started by: Dusty

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dusty

Cool Davey Jones vs. Gollum

Who is the better CGI character?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2006 09:21 PM
Dusty is currently offline Click here to Send Dusty a Private Message Find more posts by Dusty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Striding Cloud

Davey Jones.

One Missed Call!

Thnx Malk! big grin

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 12:57 AM
Striding Cloud is currently offline Click here to Send Striding Cloud a Private Message Find more posts by Striding Cloud Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Yep Davey Jones, I didnt even know he was CG, I thought they had an actor and added a bit of CG like his tentacles etc, but if he is 100% CGI, then BAM he wins by miles. The amount of detail to animation and so on in POTC2 is just awesome. If there was a visible line between CGI and reality in LOTR, then POTC2 vaporises that line completely.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2006 01:46 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tallis
Angel In Hell

mike JONES!

Davy Jones

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 03:01 PM
Tallis is currently offline Click here to Send Tallis a Private Message Find more posts by Tallis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

not only is he better CG, Davey Jones is just a better character in general

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 07:35 PM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

gollum was kinda who introduce us to CGI which doesnt mean he's the better 2 ... But with Davey JOnes i was amazed totally gobsmacked at how good it was

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 05:29 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Davey Jones was incredible. I can't see the point where the costume ends and the CGI begins.

I was never impressed by the CGI of Gollum. I believed Hulk more than that thing.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 08:58 PM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kayne Archeron

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ladygrim
gollum was kinda who introduce us to CGI which doesnt mean he's the better 2 ... But with Davey JOnes i was amazed totally gobsmacked at how good it was

errr.... CGI's been around since the days of Tron, miss

Old Post Jul 30th, 2006 07:03 AM
Kayne Archeron is currently offline Click here to Send Kayne Archeron a Private Message Find more posts by Kayne Archeron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
loveslikerock
ROCKSTARR

DEFINETLY DAVEY JONES!

Old Post Aug 1st, 2006 11:05 PM
loveslikerock is currently offline Click here to Send loveslikerock a Private Message Find more posts by loveslikerock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jainasolo55

davey jones was ALL CGI?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 03:49 AM
jainasolo55 is currently offline Click here to Send jainasolo55 a Private Message Find more posts by jainasolo55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Krieger

Davy Jones, though Gollum was pretty good

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 06:29 AM
Mr Krieger is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Krieger a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Krieger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
calvs
Kommunist

Only the tentacles on davey were cgi. The face was all make up etc. Gollum was 100% cgi and the way they adapted him onto the background was amazing. Gollum FTW.

Some men die under the mountain just looking for gold
Some die looking for a hand to hold

Old Post Sep 11th, 2006 07:11 AM
calvs is currently offline Click here to Send calvs a Private Message Find more posts by calvs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jainasolo55

ooh ok thanks calvs for clearing that up for me gollum i sometimes forgot he was cgi

Old Post Sep 14th, 2006 04:21 AM
jainasolo55 is currently offline Click here to Send jainasolo55 a Private Message Find more posts by jainasolo55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

Davey all the way...

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2006 01:18 PM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

DAVEY

Old Post Sep 21st, 2006 12:23 AM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Octo

"Only the tentacles on davey were cgi. The face was all make up etc. Gollum was 100% cgi and the way they adapted him onto the background was amazing. Gollum FTW."

Wrong. Davy Jones was 100% CG.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2006 11:00 AM
Octo is currently offline Click here to Send Octo a Private Message Find more posts by Octo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spartan005

Originally posted by Octo
"Only the tentacles on davey were cgi. The face was all make up etc. Gollum was 100% cgi and the way they adapted him onto the background was amazing. Gollum FTW."

Wrong. Davy Jones was 100% CG.
]

Indeed yes

I thought Davey Jones looked really, really good... but so did King Kong. Tough decision.... I'd say its a tie between those two

Thanks Vinny!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 03:27 AM
Spartan005 is currently offline Click here to Send Spartan005 a Private Message Find more posts by Spartan005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

cool.. davey wins..

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 03:31 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Golem woudl tool Davey Jones any day, so I vote him.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 08:17 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Originally posted by Kurosaki Ichigo
Davey Jones.

Yep he is number one!jm

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2006 10:40 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote