KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Wall-E

Wall-E
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FistOfThe North

Wall-e

WALL-E is a computer animated science fiction film produced by Pixar Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The film, which has a robot as its title character, will be released on June 27, 2008. The film is being directed by Andrew Stanton, whose previous film, Finding Nemo, won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature. Jim Morris, who previously worked for Lucasfilm, will be the producer. Most of the characters are not voiced by actors, but by mechanical noises combined to resemble voices.

- Wiki

Looks cool. May check it out just cause Pixar rules and they're the best in the industry tech-wise and it has disney for the story. Can't beat that. Forget Dreamworks.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 07:42 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Seen this trailer, the robot looks adorable, Apple trailers is where I first found out about it.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 08:21 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I've been really dissapointed with the Pixar films lately, but this one looks pretty good.

I'll be seeing it for sure.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 09:27 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rajendra
just hanging around

if it this from Pixar, it was definitely a great animated film, I'm so excited to see this.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 04:38 PM
Rajendra is currently offline Click here to Send Rajendra a Private Message Find more posts by Rajendra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xyn1407

Here is the new international trailer for those of you that missed the empire trailer. It looks like they are taking it down eveywhere so it probably won't be up long.

I can't wait to see this movie.

Click here

Old Post Feb 8th, 2008 08:49 PM
Xyn1407 is currently offline Click here to Send Xyn1407 a Private Message Find more posts by Xyn1407 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

Wall-E

I'm shocked to see theres no Wall-E thread in the animation section, I think it's easily the biggest animation movie the year... I may even say the clear Oscar winner for best animated picture. Anyone else looking forward to it?

Old Post May 8th, 2008 10:51 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stun
"Adios Satipo"

Yeah i cant wait for this one smile i usually dont do cute - but this looks adorable!stick out tongue

Old Post May 9th, 2008 09:43 PM
Stun is currently offline Click here to Send Stun a Private Message Find more posts by Stun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

Yea I'm not normally a huge cartoon fan, but I feel like with Pixar projects I enjoy them just as much as I do any other genre of movie. They do a great job with their stories and jokes.

I was on Yahoo! movies and saw this new video of Andrew Stanton (director) talking a little about Wall-E, I thought it was a good video and helped provide some insight in to the character.

Old Post May 14th, 2008 07:56 PM
edwinian is currently offline Click here to Send edwinian a Private Message Find more posts by edwinian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

i will definitely see this

TGFwashere

Old Post May 14th, 2008 08:44 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prince Nauj
Bebop

This one looks really good. I love machine and space movies.

lo lo Bromios lo lo Dendrites lo lo Eleutherios lo lo Enorches...

Old Post May 15th, 2008 01:22 AM
Prince Nauj is currently offline Click here to Send Prince Nauj a Private Message Find more posts by Prince Nauj Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
edwinian
Heavy Metal

Sorry, it might help if I post a llink
to the video.
What I've been loving in the trailers is the detail that Pixar puts in to the animation, like all the dust and dirt when the spaceship lands on earth, that must take days to animate. This could be one of Pixar's best, along with Toy Story.

Old Post May 15th, 2008 08:07 PM
edwinian
Heavy Metal

Saw Indiana in theatres last night... they played the Wall-E trailer before hand, and it was great to see it up there on the big screen, seemed like the crowd was really about it too, which was nice. The part with the shopping carts got a big laugh.

Old Post May 23rd, 2008 02:36 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

My nephew saw this and loved it

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 10:54 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I caught midnight showing of this the other day, it was really good. The graphics were absolutely amazing, Wall-E is a likable character and the plot of this movie appealed to me more than most other Pixar films.

All in all, I recommend it.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2008 11:23 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I saw this tonight with my son. It was great. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I like how the paid attention to the fact that Wall-E would wear out. I didn't agree with the human conditions. I don't think they'd be getting fat like that. Also, I disagreed greatly with the fact that no life was found on any planet except for Earth. Those are trivial scientific nit picks. Though, I may not be clear on what exactly was going on. The eve droids may have been specifically programmed for Earth and I may have misinterpreted what they were doing. But I could have sworn they were exploring multiple planets. Also, the humans would not have been able to walk after being in those chairs all their life. I LOVED the little tiny super roach. He was AWESOME!!! The epitome of arthropod evolution HAHAHA! I really enjoyed the ultra clean atmosphere of the Axiom. The little cleaning bot was awesome. Another thing that didn't cut it...in the future, we will NOT need so many satellites. They will keep expanding their bandwidth and functionality. We will need less and less satellites as time goes on. Also, as time goes on, we will figure out how to disassemble and reassemble matter at the molecular level, just like they do on the Axiom. Which presents another problem with the movie. Why didn't they disassemble and reassemble the waste on earth into useful objects? Like...say....more replicators and bots? It would have been a geometric function as far as cleaning up the planet went. Why was the trash shoot on the Axiom rusty/dirty? You'd think they'd have cleaned that as well. Over 700 years old or not...it would be in the ships best interest.

Sorry for going on and on, I loved the movie. My son sat very still and wasn't distracted at all. That is a testament to Pixar's ability to appeal to both old and young.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 02:51 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Amazing movie. Can Pixar ever do an average movie? (it seems the thought of they making a bad movie is impossible)

I completly loved it. It was great seeing a little robot fascinated by human triviality, and yet be the most human character in the entire movie. The lack of dialogue made it even better. Most animated studios relay on using big names to voice (and promote) their movies, wasting money on it, and not all end up half as good as Pixar Movies do. they accomplish so much with little grunts and mechanical sounds... it's delightful.

I usually hate watching a kid's movie, with kids around me, but for most of the movie, the kids sitting next to me remained quiet..ñ it was great big grin

I didn't really mind about nitpicks pointed out, but there was something about the ending that bothered me [SPOILER - highlight to read]: how did Wall-E regained his memory?... isn't that impossible?, EVE changed his RAM (or whatever that thing was)confused

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 04:37 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by S_D_J
Amazing movie. Can Pixar ever do an average movie? (it seems the thought of they making a bad movie is impossible)

I completly loved it. It was great seeing a little robot fascinated by human triviality, and yet be the most human character in the entire movie. The lack of dialogue made it even better. Most animated studios relay on using big names to voice (and promote) their movies, wasting money on it, and not all end up half as good as Pixar Movies do. they accomplish so much with little grunts and mechanical sounds... it's delightful.

I usually hate watching a kid's movie, with kids around me, but for most of the movie, the kids sitting next to me remained quiet..ñ it was great big grin

I didn't really mind about nitpicks pointed out, but there was something about the ending that bothered me [SPOILER - highlight to read]: how did Wall-E regained his memory?... isn't that impossible?, EVE changed his RAM (or whatever that thing was)confused

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: we have no idea what type of circuit board that was. It appeared to be his control board for energy/solar panels. He might have lost his memory due to a "reboot" type of effect from running out of power. We have no idea. Sometimes, all the bells and whistles running inside of an OS are lost upon reboot. He could still have had all his memories but was running the basic OS (operating system) that comes with the machinery. He obviously has very advanced AI...so there's no telling what happened. One thing I thought about when I noticed he lost all personality after being rebooted...It made total sense as to why he survived all the thousands to million other Wall-E units. He developed some sort of sentience! This would explain his surviving really really well. Being afraid has very real benefits. There are a load of other things about having some sort of sentience that increases survivability such as altruism. Anyway, back onto your question...I figure, since he had all of those memories (data) from his experiences, but only running the basic OS, he needed some sort of imput to restore from his nascent OS to his 700+ year old OS state. That was the "holding hands" input. Very well thought out, as far as computing goes. Very intelligent. I can appreciate something like that since I work with computers. I hope that clears things up.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 05:20 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Very good movie, was well done and had a decent (though pc) message. Good balance of humor and drama.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 29th, 2008 05:36 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

Originally posted by dadudemon
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: we have no idea what type of circuit board that was. It appeared to be his control board for energy/solar panels. He might have lost his memory due to a "reboot" type of effect from running out of power. We have no idea. Sometimes, all the bells and whistles running inside of an OS are lost upon reboot. He could still have had all his memories but was running the basic OS (operating system) that comes with the machinery. He obviously has very advanced AI...so there's no telling what happened. One thing I thought about when I noticed he lost all personality after being rebooted...It made total sense as to why he survived all the thousands to million other Wall-E units. He developed some sort of sentience! This would explain his surviving really really well. Being afraid has very real benefits. There are a load of other things about having some sort of sentience that increases survivability such as altruism. Anyway, back onto your question...I figure, since he had all of those memories (data) from his experiences, but only running the basic OS, he needed some sort of imput to restore from his nascent OS to his 700+ year old OS state. That was the "holding hands" input. Very well thought out, as far as computing goes. Very intelligent. I can appreciate something like that since I work with computers. I hope that clears things up.

it helps! big grin

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 01:43 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by S_D_J
[SPOILER - highlight to read]: how did Wall-E regained his memory?... isn't that impossible?, EVE changed his RAM (or whatever that thing was)confused

I think it was his mother board got fried and not his memory chip.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2008 02:41 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote