KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Making an eye-catching DVD menu

Making an eye-catching DVD menu
Started by: kkm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kkm

Making an eye-catching DVD menu

My sister graduated from university recently. She wanted to save her graduation ceremony video shot with her lovely DV to a disc as a memorial. Besides, the pretty girl was hoping the DVD with a great menu. That is, a graduation picture in the background and a graduation song to play over the menu. That’s all. It’s best to have chapter menus for different parts of graduation ceremony video. She returned to me and complained the software she found was so completed to use (for her at least).
Well, it’s easy to do this, a nice menu for DVD. Last week, I happened to burn a DVD for my parents’ wedding anniversary and was referred to these mentioned above. From the point of operation, it’s so simple to reach it with the software called ImTOO AVI to DVD converter. Now, taking my sister’s for instance, I briefly introduce my experience to use it, and just focus on how to make the menu. 

First, after loading files of the ceremony video and opening menu edit panel, I add a ready-prepared graduation photo and music (here recommend one song called graduation forever friends, sang by Vitamin C). Some templates are also very beautiful. Now that it’s for “Graduation Ceremony”, typing it into the box of menu theme. Let’s choose blue color. The menu is, in the main, finished. But why cannot see the effect? And then I found preview can see the created menu.

It’s so considerate that most templates have two to four thumbnails. They are defined to show first frame picture or video in the first several minutes for one title. After selecting a two-thumbnail template, I find it’s interesting that the thumbnail frame will be changed as the template changes, but no effect to the background picture. In other words, if I’d like three thumbnail frames, just choose the three-thumbnail template, and the background is still the one I have added.
I notice that the default setting is “Enable Video Miniature”. You can find it at the bottom of “Preferences” menu in the “Tools”. And it can select the duration for the video in the thumbnail frame. If you’d like frame picture displayed in the menu, just uncheck this item. Otherwise, it will display video thumbnail in the menu with certain video duration. After all this I did, it can start to burn the DVD with the nice menu in it. Moreover, the title thumbnail or miniature can be customized. In the “Edit” item which also can realize ripping, you can select the “Set Title Miniature” to choose current-playing screen as a picture or the start point of several-minute videos when playing.

Anyway, I am satisfied with the menu. The following is my work. Guys take a look and have a try.

You will feel strange that why just two thumbnails, though I chose the four- thumbnail template. Because I added two AVI files so it is what you see now.

Attachment: image007.jpg
This has been downloaded 54 time(s).

Old Post Jul 11th, 2008 02:16 AM
kkm is currently offline Click here to Send kkm a Private Message Find more posts by kkm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote