KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Aang vs. Korra

What Avatar is superior?!
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Aang 6 46.15%
Korra 7 53.85%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Aang vs. Korra
Started by: King Joker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Aang vs. Korra

Aang as of Book 3.
Korra as of Book 2.

What Avatar would win all out!?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 11:00 PM
King Joker is currently offline Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I honestly don't really know who would win, both of their feats are comparable, what are your thoughts?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 11:04 PM
King Joker is currently offline Click here to Send King Joker a Private Message Find more posts by King Joker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Can they go into Avatar State?

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 11:16 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Joker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes.

Old Post Mar 31st, 2014 11:34 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Aang wins. Especially if they have Avatar State access. He was much more in touch with his past lives and even at only 12 years old his iceberg feat surpassed pretty much anything Korra has done. All of his AS feats are so much higher and better than hers.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 01:30 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Joker
Yes.

Korra then.

(As long as this is before she lost her past lives)

Last edited by ares834 on Apr 1st, 2014 at 03:00 AM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 02:53 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Korra would win.

She was amped by the Avatar's past lives, which includes Aang himself.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 03:24 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

She has never shown as much raw power or skill as Aang with her Avatar State. How do you think she'd win?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 05:45 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

^Agreed.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2014 06:14 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Leaning towards Aang.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2014 01:00 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by KingD19
She has never shown as much raw power or skill as Aang with her Avatar State. How do you think she'd win?

I figure she'd win because every Avatar is supposed to be more powerful than the last and have all of their knowledge/skill. Like even if she hasn't showed the raw power and feats it should be acknowledged that it's there because of the Avatar cycle I'm not the most knowledgeable on Avatar so I may be wrong though.

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2014 11:19 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I figure she'd win because every Avatar is supposed to be more powerful than the last and have all of their knowledge/skill. Like even if she hasn't showed the raw power and feats it should be acknowledged that it's there because of the Avatar cycle I'm not the most knowledgeable on Avatar so I may be wrong though.

Every successive Avatar isn't more powerful than the one before them. They just have access to their wisdom and foresight to help them should they need it.

Also, being in touch with the spirit world and connecting to them helps, but the true strength from the Avatar State comes from mastering the Avatar State itself and your spirituality as Guru Pathik pointed out. But even before he mastered it, Aang's demonstrations with the Avatar State blow Korra's out of the water.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2014 11:27 PM
ares834

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

thumb up

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2014 11:35 PM
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Originally posted by KingD19
Every successive Avatar isn't more powerful than the one before them. They just have access to their wisdom and foresight to help them should they need it.

Also, being in touch with the spirit world and connecting to them helps, but the true strength from the Avatar State comes from mastering the Avatar State itself and your spirituality as Guru Pathik pointed out. But even before he mastered it, Aang's demonstrations with the Avatar State blow Korra's out of the water.

Would having Aang's wisdom give her knowledge on how to use the AS like he does then?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2014 11:48 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Potentially, but it doesn't seem so. It's more for wisdom when it comes to combat or situations, not making you better in a fight.

The one time I can think of channeling a past Avatar actually gave you their skills was when Aang connected with Kyoshi and she actually took on her physical form using his body as a soul anchor and used her powers.

If Korra had access to Aang's skills, she'd be a whole lot more effective when she used the Avatar State.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2014 12:02 AM
Based
iPinoy

Korra in every contest.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2014 12:26 AM
Based is currently offline Click here to Send Based a Private Message Find more posts by Based Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

We can speculate all we want about the Avatar State wisdom the fact is Aang has been consistently shown to be times more impressive in Avatar state as well as in his regular state than Korra.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2014 09:28 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

People seem to be ignoring that fact. You can compare the two feat for feat, episode for episode, Avatar State to Avatar State and Aang is vastly more impressive.

Also more impressive is the fact that Aang is 12 years old, and has had far less tutelage in Earth, Fire, and Waterbending, yet has still been called a Master by other Masters and still shows better feats than Korra despite her training in all the styles except Air and supposedly mastering them since she was a toddler. Aang didn't even use another element until after he'd escaped his iceberg.

Korra was 17 when the series started.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2014 09:57 PM
iscaremonkeys

anng. I feel korra is more spirtualy sound than anng was but anng was far more powerful. His avatar state in book one alone beats 75% of korras feats

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 12:50 AM
iscaremonkeys is currently offline Click here to Send iscaremonkeys a Private Message Find more posts by iscaremonkeys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Korra is more spiritually sound? Aang was a monk. Spiritualism and Meditation was who he was. Also he went in and out of the spirit world on a whim, regularly talked with Spirits, even had casual and in depth conversations with past Avatars.

Korra couldn't even get in without help from Jinora. On top of that, it was pointed out many times that Korra's biggest weakness was her reliance on the physical nature of bending and not the spiritual element. Also her temper which kept her from attaining control over her spirit and the spirit world.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2014 12:58 AM