KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince - Discussion

Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince - Discussion
Started by: spidergrl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (65): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
spidergrl
Living

Harry Potter and The Half Blooded Prince

This thread has been converted to be the discussion thread, due to Spidergrl's displeasure with the amount of discussion taking place between chapters

You can find the story here

Spidergrl's Harry Potter and The Half-Blooded Prince!

=REX=

hey guys Im writing the 6th book and I woul love for your opions of what you think and also ideas. May be what you would like to see in here, suggestions, people to get together...etc. Thanks

Chapter 1

The sun raised into the centre of the sky and heat was deadly. The clouds moved across the sky, and the sun beated down onto the lawns which were now dry and dead. The residence in Privet Drive were no where to be seen as they were inside their houses, with the air conditioning on full, and some of the kids had their heads in the freezers to try cool down. The Dursley's at number 4 were lying on the couch, trying to stay cool. The tv was on and Dudley was lying infront of it, 5 bowls of ice cream and watching some game show.

If anybody thought that there was someone else in the house, no one would believe them. For Harry Potter was outside in the garden, under a tree, where no one could see them. The Dursley had kicked hiim outside, and so Harry was lying there; cooking.

The day went slow and by 8 o'clock that night the sun started to go down. Harry made his way into the House were his Uncle glared at him. He made his way to his room, where he closed the door behind him. Hedwig was in her cage; and had a letter attached to her leg. She must have come back with a letter from Ron, Harry thought to himself. Ron and Hermionie has been writing to Harry everyday to make sure that he was alright. After last year in the Ministery, they were worried that Harry wasn't taking his God Father's death proply.

He grabbed the letter off Hedwigs leg and ripped it open, he noticed Ron's handwriting. He read the letter:

[I] Dear Harry,

I have great news. The order is really getting under way and we have heaps of information. I can't tell you all about it now in a letter, but I have better news. Mum said that you can come over to the Burrow for the rest of the holidays. I know that your Uncle and Aunt won't have a problem, but I was just making sure that it was alright with you. Hermionie is coming over tonight to stay as well. And we were all love for you to come over and stay.

What do you think? Send an owl back with your answer.
Hear from you soon.

Ron

P.S. My Dad has sent you Aunt a letter telling her that we'll be there to pick you up at 11am. Cya

Made by the wonderful Barker .. Thanks Darling

Last edited by REXXXX on Apr 12th, 2005 at 11:23 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 04:36 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

Chapter 2

Harry sent a letter to Ron straight away telling him that he would love to come over. Harry wondered how they were going to come, and prayed that it wasn't through flu powder again. Harry didn't get that much sleep after he packed; he was to excited about going to Ron's house. In the morning he woke up at 10 and was running late. He finished his packing and someone knocked on the door. He spun around to see his Aunt in the door way. They just staired at each other for awhile.
"Umm.....i got the letter from your friends the Weasley. They will be here in about half an hour."
"I know." Harry said, and wondered why his Aunt was evening talk to him. She had been acting strange all summer, she could hardly look at him for more than a second with out her turning away.
"I just wanted to ........." She thrust a letter into Harry's hand and left his room. She was getting stranger and stranger as the time went on.
Harry still had the letter in his hand and decieded to open it later on that night.

Harry was standing there for a couple of minutes when he finaly relised that the Weasley's would be here any minute. As he ran around the room like mad, packing every last thing and making sure he had everything he wished that he hadn't slept in. Once he was finished he lay down on the bed; exahusted.
A few moments later he heard banging from down stairs. Ohh no, he thought. He jumped off his bed like lighting and ran down the stairs. He saw his Uncle making the way to the door; half afraid of what might be on the other side.
"Ohh Uncle Vernon. I think that might be for me. You see......" But Harry was cut off by a sharp and spitful galare; so he left it be.

Uncle Vernon opened the door and jumped back, as there were 6 Weasley's at the door, all with flaming red hair on them. Harry's face lit up when he saw them and there was soon a large scream which flowed through the house which actually managed to make Dudley un-glue his eyes from the tv, and come and see who it was. Because Mrs Weasley had noticed Harry standing on the stairs and had pushed passed Uncle Vernon to give him a hug; (half chocking him at the same time) he could tell that Ron, Ginny, Fred and George could all feel his pain. Will Harry greated all the Weasley's and was telling them how he'd been, Mr Weasley was more interested in the letter box. He was opening and shutting it, expecting something to appear inside. Vernon was a little worried that the neighbours were thinking about this strange man at their house so he invited them in.
"Ohh no, we better not stay." Mrs Weasley said and she took one look inside and obviously did not want to go in. "We better be on our way!" She firmly stated as Mr Weasley pocked his head inside; investagated all he saw. "Got all your bags Harry dear?" She asked, and a look on Vernon's face showed that he thought why any one would call that good for nothing child 'dear'.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 04:39 AM
spidergrl is currently offline Click here to Send spidergrl a Private Message Find more posts by spidergrl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

Chapter 3

With that glare from Vernon, Harry knew it was time to go. He made sure he had everything and made his way through that door. As he was walking down the path he heard Mr Weasley' voice and by the tone, he wasn't talking to his children or his wife.
"Excuse me, but your nephew will be gone for the rest of the year. And you're not even going to say good by to him" Mr Weasley said, as he had stop looking around the house and was watching him with both eyes. Vernon looked like he was going to hit Mr Weasley but Harry guessed that he thought better of it as he had 7 withces/wizards standing on his door step infront of him.
"Good bye Harry!" He managed to sqeeze out. "I'll ahhh.... miss you" He continued, and he looked like he was going to puke with the words that had come out of his mouth. And with that the Weasley's and Harry turned and made their way to 2 beautiful cars waiting for them.

"We got the Ministery cars back, well since everyone knows that 'You Know Who' is back we are allowed to have the cars again. And Dad got a promotion as well." Ron said, looking prouder then he had when they had won money and went to Egypt. Harry was glad, and he couldn't think of anyone else who deserved that promotion.

Everyone pilled into the two cars and they made their way down the street. Harry remembered last time when he was in one of these, the moved fast and managed to fit through gasps that even the smallest muggle car couldn't fit through. It was a bumpy ride back to the Weasley's, with Mr Weasley making his own short cuts and Mrs Weasley yelling it him from the front. Apart from that, Harry enjoyed the trip; thinking about leaving the Dursleys far behind.

After a couple of hourse they made their way up the drive and around the corner where they could now see the Burrow. A great wormth came across Harry. He was home, and with his friends. As the car came to a stop, Harry saw someone runining towards them, it was Hermionie. She's grown so much, she's so...so.. prety, he thought. But kept it to himself.

Harry and Ron both climbed out of the car, and just after their feet had touched the ground, Hermionie had pulled them into a hug.
"Hello Harry. How have you been?" Hermionie said, now letting go of him and Harry looked at her.
"I've been alright, you know" Hermionie didn't know how he felt, but she did know what he meant.

After Harry, Ron and Hermionie had finsihed their welcomes, they grabbed Harry's bags and made their way inside. As Harry stood in the lounge he noticed how messy this place was compared to the Dursleys. No wonder Mrs Weasley didn't want to go inside; it must have looked very strange.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 04:41 AM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

The story's pretty good. Much better than many other FanFics out there. Jeez, I had one amateur author make Harry attempt suicide in the first two chapters. What an idiot!
Several spelling and grammar mistakes, though...just remember to edit it in future.
I was suprised that you made Harry like Hermione so early in the story...at least it's better than him crying all over everyone.
(another annoying FanFic that got boring in the first two paragraphs)
No adult-scenes, I hope. I mean, this is HP, not some twisted adult version.(Yet another sad FanFic, but better than the former.)

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 11:19 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

you think its better then crying...... i mean we need more crying around here. havn't you noticed that he never cries..NEVER !!!!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 08:55 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I meant that other FanFiction stories had him seem like a crybaby, but not your story.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 04:22 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

well, it actually crossed my mind!!

~ I can't stand harry not crying, its annoying. I mean I don't want him to be a cry baby, but just once...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 11:46 PM
harry_fan
master of magic

Smile

quote:
Originally posted by spidergrl
Chapter 3

With that glare from Vernon, Harry knew it was time to go. He made sure he had everything and made his way through that door. As he was walking down the path he heard Mr Weasley' voice and by the tone, he wasn't talking to his children or his wife.
"Excuse me, but your nephew will be gone for the rest of the year. And you're not even going to say good by to him" Mr Weasley said, as he had stop looking around the house and was watching him with both eyes. Vernon looked like he was going to hit Mr Weasley but Harry guessed that he thought better of it as he had 7 withces/wizards standing on his door step infront of him.
"Good bye Harry!" He managed to sqeeze out. "I'll ahhh.... miss you" He continued, and he looked like he was going to puke with the words that had come out of his mouth. And with that the Weasley's and Harry turned and made their way to 2 beautiful cars waiting for them.

"We got the Ministery cars back, well since everyone knows that 'You Know Who' is back we are allowed to have the cars again. And Dad got a promotion as well." Ron said, looking prouder then he had when they had won money and went to Egypt. Harry was glad, and he couldn't think of anyone else who deserved that promotion.

Everyone pilled into the two cars and they made their way down the street. Harry remembered last time when he was in one of these, the moved fast and managed to fit through gasps that even the smallest muggle car couldn't fit through. It was a bumpy ride back to the Weasley's, with Mr Weasley making his own short cuts and Mrs Weasley yelling it him from the front. Apart from that, Harry enjoyed the trip; thinking about leaving the Dursleys far behind.

After a couple of hourse they made their way up the drive and around the corner where they could now see the Burrow. A great wormth came across Harry. He was home, and with his friends. As the car came to a stop, Harry saw someone runining towards them, it was Hermionie. She's grown so much, she's so...so.. prety, he thought. But kept it to himself.

Harry and Ron both climbed out of the car, and just after their feet had touched the ground, Hermionie had pulled them into a hug.
"Hello Harry. How have you been?" Hermionie said, now letting go of him and Harry looked at her.
"I've been alright, you know" Hermionie didn't know how he felt, but she did know what he meant.

After Harry, Ron and Hermionie had finsihed their welcomes, they grabbed Harry's bags and made their way inside. As Harry stood in the lounge he noticed how messy this place was compared to the Dursleys. No wonder Mrs Weasley didn't want to go inside; it must have looked very strange.
that was awsome i cant wiat till you finish the book i really would love to know what would happen next and i always knew harry would fall in love with hermione.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 08:11 AM
harry_fan is currently offline Click here to Send harry_fan a Private Message Find more posts by harry_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
harry_fan
master of magic

oops didnt meen to do that but it is good wink

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 08:14 AM
harry_fan is currently offline Click here to Send harry_fan a Private Message Find more posts by harry_fan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidergrl
Living

Thank you so much.

I will post more tomorrow!!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 08:19 AM
harry_fan
master of magic

???

hey did you make up this story or is it really from the book?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 03:58 AM
spidergrl
Living

Its the 6th book that isn't out yet!! Its from my head!!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 05:10 AM
spidergrl
Living

Ron dragged Harry up the stairs and into his room, compared to Harry's room, Rons was awsome. But then anything would be better then the Dursley's wouldn't he thought. He put away his cloths and belongsing and couldn't wait for the next two weeks. Once Harry had finishedhe went down stairs for lunch. The Weasley's were sitting at the table, waiting for him. Harry couldn't helo but smile, he was home, he was with the people that really carried about him!

Harry sat inbetween Ron and Hermionie and Ron suddenly became alittle annoyed; and everyone seemed to notice and wonder why, except Ginny.

Through that meal, Harry became more and more awkward. Harry leaned across the table to grab some bread and got another glear from Ron. After 10 minutes, Harry couldn't stand it any longer.
"Psst, Ron!" He said, trying to keep his voice down so that no one else could hear. "Whats up; did i do something wrong?" He continued, now pretending to straighten his shorts so that he didn't look to strand.
"Nothings wrong.....its just!! Well, I will tell you after lunch" And with that statement there were no further words passed between them.

The rest of the meal passed slowly and Harry couldn't wait till it was over to final find out what was wrong. As the last person finsihed and Mrs Weasley brought out her wand to clear the dish's and plates away; Ron jumped up and made his way up the stairs, towards his room. Harry took this opertunity to follow him. Excussing himself from the table and getting a thankful look from Mrs Weasley he went up into Ron's room.

"Im going mad im telling you. I don't know whats happening....." And for the next 5 minutes Ron rambled on about everything and anything he could; trying to get off the topic he was dreading to talk about.

Ron kept on talking and talking; and soon Harry imagined flying around outside on his broom. After another 10 minutes and Harry's team was up 50-nil; Ron started yelling. Harry soon snapped out of his day dream and looked at him.

"You weren't even listening were you? I spilled my guts to you Harry and you're suppose to be my friend; and this is what I get." Ron finished, then sitting on his bed and looked out the window. It took Harry awhile to figure out what had just happened. It was true, Harry hadn't been paying attension because he thought that Ron was rabbling on about nothing.
"Im sorry Ron, I didn't mean to. I was just....see....Im sorry!!" Harry couldn't lie, he hadn't been listening and he felt bad. He really wanted to hear about what made Ron mad. "Please tell me again Ron, I really want to know whats going on" He finished.

Ron turned from looking out the window and faced Harry.
"Its alright mate." And a huge weight lifted from Harry. "I've been snapping easily lately. Im just not the same, nothing is the same. I don't feel the same!!" Ron really did look like he was having a terrible time.
"Whats wrong Ron, why are you feeling like this" For over half an hour, Harry had waited for this answer but he wasn't prepared for this.....
"You see.....well.....um...... the other day....... I KISSED HERMIONIE!!" He blurted out. Harry wasn't at all ready for this and fell off the bed and made Ron feel even worse.

Harry picked himself off the ground and sat back on the bed; still stuned. He knew that something big must be troubling him, but he wasn't at all expecting that.

"Its just....we were alone and she looked so prety; I wasn't sure if I should or shouldn't....Please tell me I did the right thing" He looked at Harry for comfort.
"Ah....yea sure you did. If you felt that it was right.....then mmmm......you'll be fine. At least she wasn't cyring!" Harry said, obviously trying to make a joke and make Ron laugh. It didn't work; and Harry had a quick sharp fear that she had been.
"It was worse. After I kissed her, she kind of looked at me and walked off. She didn't say anything, just left" Harry could tell that this was eating him up.
"Do you ehhhh like her?" He asked, and got a glare from him.
"Ohh course I like her. I've always liked her. I mean who wouldn't. And now I've screwed it all up and it's never going to be the same" He finished, putting his head in his hands.

Just then there was a knock at the door and Hermionie walked in. They both looked up at her, and Ron wished me would just roll over and die. Harry could see him out of the corner of his eye and he was going red again.

"Ohh, hello Harry....Ron! Ronald, do you think that I could talk to you alone for a moment?" Hermionie said, Ron looked over at Harry for a guidence of what to do. Harry half shrugged.
"I'll leave you alone" As he hoped up and opened the door. As he turned to shut the door, Harry turned and swore that he got as glare from Ron; probably saying 'How could you leave me alone, HELP'

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 05:46 AM
spidergrl
Living

Harry shut the door and wondered if he should try hear what they were talking about; but discided not to. He made his way down stairs and found Ginny in the kitchen, he sat down on a stole and looked over at her. Ginny had a devise in her hands; and Harry could finally clicked where he remembered it from.

"Ginny, what are you doing with Fred and George's Extendable Ears?" He said, now relising she was pointing it at the wroof. Ginny jumped and Harry relised that she hadn't even noticed he was there; what is she listening to that is so important.
"Ohh, nothing really." She said, bring down the ears and placing them on the table; against what she would of liked to do.
"Must have been something interesting for you to be so deep into?!" Harry said, as he picked them up and putting them at the wroof where they were. The sound of two people's voices filled the Harry's ears and only took him a second or two to figure out it was Hermionie's and Rons. She had been listening to their conversation, Harry didn't know to be angry ( lack of privacy ) or just laugh. He could help himself but crack up.

"So how did you know that they were up there talking?" He asked her as he took them out and placed it on the table. He turned and looked at Ginny; she had also grown up alot and she looked much prety then last year. There must be something going around, everyone seemed to be changing.
"Well, over the holidays Rons been talking to me, talking to me about.....Hermionie." She looked up at Harry, and figured he guess that. "And well then she came and stayed with us over a week ago, and he's been going mad. Trying to avoid him and everything. She came to me and asked what was going on, I told her that nothing and he was just going through some changes. But she guessed in the end; the problem is, he likes her sooo much!!"

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 06:25 AM
Biffy

quote:
Originally posted by spidergrl
Harry shut the door and wondered if he should try hear what they were talking about; but discided not to. He made his way down stairs and found Ginny in the kitchen, he sat down on a stole and looked over at her. Ginny had a devise in her hands; and Harry could finally clicked where he remembered it from.

"Ginny, what are you doing with Fred and George's Extendable Ears?" He said, now relising she was pointing it at the wroof. Ginny jumped and Harry relised that she hadn't even noticed he was there; what is she listening to that is so important.
"Ohh, nothing really." She said, bring down the ears and placing them on the table; against what she would of liked to do.
"Must have been something interesting for you to be so deep into?!" Harry said, as he picked them up and putting them at the wroof where they were. The sound of two people's voices filled the Harry's ears and only took him a second or two to figure out it was Hermionie's and Rons. She had been listening to their conversation, Harry didn't know to be angry ( lack of privacy ) or just laugh. He could help himself but crack up.

"So how did you know that they were up there talking?" He asked her as he took them out and placed it on the table. He turned and looked at Ginny; she had also grown up alot and she looked much prety then last year. There must be something going around, everyone seemed to be changing.
"Well, over the holidays Rons been talking to me, talking to me about.....Hermionie." She looked up at Harry, and figured he guess that. "And well then she came and stayed with us over a week ago, and he's been going mad. Trying to avoid him and everything. She came to me and asked what was going on, I told her that nothing and he was just going through some changes. But she guessed in the end; the problem is, he likes her sooo much!!"
Pshh

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 08:39 PM
Biffy is currently offline Click here to Send Biffy a Private Message Find more posts by Biffy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I wouldn't scoff like that, Biffy. It's technically believable that there's a love triangle between the trio. Ron and Harry both like Hermione. Hermione is scared to Ron. And so on. Keep going, spider. Doing good.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 08:51 PM
harry_fan
master of magic

awsom you doing good keep it coming id like to find out more about what hermione and ron. i wonder if harry is going to make a move on hermione like ron did hehe

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:32 PM
harry_fan
master of magic

are you putting more on today or tomorrow

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 11:06 PM
spidergrl
Living

Biffy - im sorry that you don't agree with whats happening. But as you see in HP3 there were some moments. personali i want harry and hermionie to get together - but we'll see what happens.

dark1365 - thank you very much!!

harry fan - I will post more either tonight or tomorrow morning!!

( if anyone has any suggestions of what they would like to go in here then please PM me with your ideas )

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:07 AM
spidergrl
Living

( a little something to keep you going )

Harry didn’t know what to say he knew that Ron liked Hermionie; but he was never aware he liked her that much. Suddenly Harry had an itch to start listening to what they were talking about and what was going on. The anticipation was growing as he sat there next to Ginny. He could tell that she wanted to do the same thing, yet neither of them seemed to move. 10 minutes passed with no movement and no sound; it finally got to one of them.
Ginny reached for the ‘Extendable Ears’ and handed one to Harry.

He hesitated for a moment, deciding if he should or not. It didn’t take him long to decide what he was going to; as he reached for the ear and put it in his. He remembered being in the hospital visiting Ron’s dad last time he had used them; some memories that he wasn’t going to bring up again!! Harry watched Ginny as she pointed it at the roof and slowly moved it around. They didn’t hear anything except for a small buzzing noise for a couple of minutes and Harry wondered if it was broken. But suddenly Harry’s ears were filled with Hermionie’s voice, even though it wasn’t as clear as last time he had ‘over heard’ someone’s conversation; it was better then nothing. Harry could pick up some of the conversation but soon they stopped talking and they heard footsteps.

Ginny quickly yanked the ear out of Harry’s and stuffed it under the table. It was just as she removed her hands from under the table the kitchen door opened. Hermionie walked in, a grin was on her face. Harry and Ginny were thinking the exact same thing, something must have happened between them.
“Ohh Harry, Ron told me to tell you that he wants to see you.”

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 03:29 AM