KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Veil of Souls

Harry Potter and the Veil of Souls
Started by: cole2005

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
cole2005

Harry Potter and the Veil of Souls

The street of Privet Drive was cold and quiet, the only sign of activity was coming from the open window, where a slither of yellow light crept from between the curtains. Inside the room a boy no older than 16 lay prone on the bed. HIs face was sullen and he has heavy bags under his eyes. The room held the smell of a morgue, a small breeze blew through the room, a piece of parchment floated gently to the floor.
Dear Mr. H. Potter,
I am pleased to inform you that Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is to remain open. Following a number of meetings with the newly reformed Board of Governers and the issue of a petition of over 500 names the decision was taken to reopen. However Mr Potter I know the predicament you are in, therefore I will entirely understand if you wish not to return. If this is the case I offer my assistance and the assistance of any resource within the castle. You will also be more than welcome to stay within the confines of Hogwarts. I look forward to receiving your owl.
Yours sincerely
Professor. M. McGonagell
Headmistress, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

More will come this is just a taster, what do you think?

Last edited by cole2005 on Jul 25th, 2006 at 09:02 PM

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 08:59 PM
cole2005 is currently offline Click here to Send cole2005 a Private Message Find more posts by cole2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

I think it's good.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2006 09:07 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit531

It was really good.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2006 10:39 PM
Brit531 is currently offline Click here to Send Brit531 a Private Message Find more posts by Brit531 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cole2005

That was a tiny bit of chapter 1, im currently writing up that chapter at the moment and it should be on by the end of the day

Old Post Jul 27th, 2006 05:18 PM
cole2005 is currently offline Click here to Send cole2005 a Private Message Find more posts by cole2005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cole2005

The rain began to patter lightly against the window, Privet Drive had fallen temporarily into complete darkness as a giant raincloud covered the area. The weather had been like this all throughout July, it seemed as if Mother Nature was mourning. Slowly the street lights gently flickered to life, pools of light spilled onto the pathways. The only sound that rang through the street was that of the falling water, splashing against the concrete road. A lone figure stood looking up into the sky, dressed in clothes at least 3 sizes too big for him, curtains began to rustle as people started to stare at the boy. Whispers were heard to spread through the street, "Its that boy," one elderly women was heard to say, rather too loudly, another simply said "He's not normal."
Harry Potter stood staring up into the sky, his glasses taking the rain, it was 3 days until his birthday, Harry knew what this meant, the thought filled him with happiness. However another feeling arose from the pit of his stomach, one of despair. In 3 days he would be taken back to the world where he had suffered so much pain. Harry closed his eyes exhaling gently, his mind filled with images, Cedric, Sirius and Dumbledore. A lump grew in his throat, dead, all of them. Harry knew they had all died because of him, Harry dreaded going back. He slowly began to sway on the spot, his mind momentarily blank, the rain hitting his skin was calming, soothing almost. The peace was finally broken several minutes later, "BOY!GET IN THIS HOUSE NOW!!!" Vernon Dursley had emerged from the door of Number 4 and was purple with rage staring at his abnormal nephew. Harry turned looking directly at his uncle, slowly he trudged through the now flowing water, without so much as a look he passed his raging uncle and walked up the stairs.
Harry collapsed on his bed, hoping that Vernon wouldnt pursue the matter, thankfully he was in one of the moods where he didnt want to see Harry. Slowly the darkness began to take him in, falling into a calming sleep.
The night was a quiet one, cold but the rain had subsided, Harry had left his light on, which allowed for a slither of light to creep onto the glistening front lawn. A snowy owl, began to approach the window of number 4, perching gently on the window sill, she gently tapped the glass. The window was pulled opened, and a rather dreary looking Harry carefully allowed his owl to hop inside. She held her leg out and Harry instantly recognised the seal on the envelope. Gently he stroked her around her head, before she nipped him and flew off into the night. Harry read the letter he had just received, giving himself a private smile, he first he had allowed himself for weeks. He feel prone onto the bed, closing his eyes, his fingers relaxed around the parchment allowing it to gently float to the floor.
Dear Mr H. Potter
I am pleased to inform you that Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is to remain open. Following a number of meetings with the newly reformed Board of Governers and the issue of a petition of over 500 names the decision was taken to reopen. However Mr Potter I know the predicament you are in, therefore I will entirely understand if you wish not to return. If this is the case I offer my assistance and the assistance of any resource within the castle. You will also be more than welcome to stay within the confines of Hogwarts. I look forward to receiving your owl.
Yours sincerely
Professor. M. McGonagell
Headmistress, Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Last edited by cole2005 on Jul 28th, 2006 at 06:02 PM

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 05:57 PM
iluvhp1_7
Fourth Year

Very good! Again Interesting story

Take what you can from
your dreams, make them
as real as anything
-Dave Matthews

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 07:12 PM
iluvhp1_7 is currently offline Click here to Send iluvhp1_7 a Private Message Find more posts by iluvhp1_7 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit531

That was really good. I too think the story is interesting

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 09:20 PM
Brit531 is currently offline Click here to Send Brit531 a Private Message Find more posts by Brit531 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Me too. I really like it!!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2006 09:23 PM
danielle marie. is currently offline Click here to Send danielle marie. a Private Message Find more posts by danielle marie. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
smile247

can anyone think of any possible title for the 7th book. and does anyone no when the 5th movie go into theaters...

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:19 AM
smile247 is currently offline Click here to Send smile247 a Private Message Find more posts by smile247 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

There's a Harry Potter Forum for that.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 04:21 AM
Brit531

yep

Old Post Jul 29th, 2006 01:46 PM
cole2005

A light tapping at the window awoke Harry from sleep. His dreams were filled with the devestating evcents of several weeks ago. He quickly shoke his head driving the thought from his mind. He yanked the window open allowing for the miniscule brown owl to hop inside. Gently dropping some bronze knuts into the outstreched pouch, Hary unrolled the Daily Prophet.
He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Attacks Ministry Building
In the early hours of yesterday morning, You-Know-Who and his followers, the Death Eaters, attacked and took over the premises of the Ministry of Magic. In the ensuing battle many members of the Ministry were killed, including the Ministr himself, Rufus Scrimgeour. Eyewitnesses said that it took 4 Death Eaters and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named himself to bring down the Minister. Of the survivors only Arthur Weasley was available for comment folloing the incident, further stories and reactions covering pages2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14 and 15.

Harry looked at the picture on the front of the prophet, the dead body of Rufus Scrimgeour lay among the debris scattered in the vicinty of the Ministry. This was the climax of several weeks of unrest among the world. Muggle deaths were occuring on a barbaric level, so far hundreds had died. Fortunately for Voldemort all these attacks were being treated as terrorist attacks by Muggles. However in the wizarding world, He was taking over everywhere. Hary collapsed back onto his bed, his mind swimming in thought, Voldemort was truly back to power. He was worse then before.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 06:09 PM
Brit531

That was really good.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 07:01 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

LOVE IT!!!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 07:29 PM
cole2005

The events of the past few weeks had brought tears to the eyes of the most hardened person. Attacks had happened almost daily, however Voldemort hadnt just been atacking wizards, hundreds of muggles had been killed. This was put down to terrorist activity, but not even muggle terrorists could create damage to the extent that Voldemort and the Death Eaters had done at the stadium of muggle football side Chelsea.
Harry lay on his bed staring up at the ceiling the first sign of daylight breaking through the gap in his curtains. Almost as if he was programmed to Harry rolled over and ticked another day off his self made calender, July 28th...gone. Harry had rather callously circled his birthday, labelling it D-Day!
Harry was broken from his trance like state by yet another tapping on his window, looking across he saw a small brown owl, one he did not recognise. He pulled his wand from under his pillow and catiously approached the patient owl. Upon opening his window the owl hopped inside and stuck out its scrawny leg. Harry let his breath escape. He silently told himself off for being so paranoid, but deep down he knew he had reason to be. Harry took the scroll of parchment and instantly his heart leapt, the neat handwriting of his best friend Hermione Granger flowed elegantly over the parchment smelling distinctly of roses and a sparkling blue colour.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 06:21 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

LOVIN IT!! But, just as a helpful tip... I find it easier to read it there are lines in between the paragraphs... but I really love your story!!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 06:34 PM
Brit531

^ what she said

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 06:53 PM
hproxmysox93
OoOoOo

Good job..keep it up..

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 09:29 PM
hproxmysox93 is currently offline Click here to Send hproxmysox93 a Private Message Find more posts by hproxmysox93 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cole2005

Dear Harry,
I would ask how you are, but it would be a stupid question. I can't even begin to imagine how you are feeling. This must be so hard for you, I'm finding myself at night wanting to be there with you. I promise I will see you soon, a few days and then you'll be 17, I can't say anythingas this could be intercepted. I will see you soon. Promise.
Thinking of you always, love you lots
Hermione xxxxxx

Harry smiled to himself as he moved his eyes over the parchment. For an instant Harrys mind has forgotten entirely about the prophecy. However moments later his mind had snapped back, and the darkness was already beginning to take him over.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2006 07:07 PM
danielle marie.
Bel Fan Club President

Love it!! Thanx for the spaces!!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2006 01:32 AM