KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Harry Potter and the Tomb Spell

Harry Potter and the Tomb Spell
Started by: howdugetsougly

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
howdugetsougly

Smile Harry Potter and the Tomb Spell

Disclaimer: I do not own any rights to the wonderful world JKR has created. I am merely using her imaginative world to appease myself and, hopefully, others. This story takes place 5 years after the epilogue of Deathly Hallows. I do not even hope to dream that this will be as good as JKR's work, and it will be nowhere close to her last 4 books in length, but I want the story to continue so I got an idea and I am rolling with it.

Harry Potter and the Tomb Spell

Chapter 1: Officially Un-officiated

The day was bright with the heating rays from the burning sun, lighting the world and leaving no one in darkness. The trees did not sway; there was no wind. All was still and all was well.

The heat of the summer day brought perspiration to Harry’s lips. He looked up and surveyed the sky. There were no clouds in sight. He quickly gathered his wits and strode down the worn, dirt path. Harry Potter had a schedule and he could not afford to miss this appointment, as he had so many others.

Harry Potter was a wizard. He was a fully fledged, educated, and skilled wizard. He was a man also, and a husband. He was enjoying his life and he had no worries. He spent time with his beautiful wife and helped her with her activities with his children. Yes, he was also a father. And a proud father, at that. His children were his prized treasure and his care for them was only rivaled for his care of his wife.

Harry quickened his pace towards the old wooden cottage that was at the end of the dirt path. There were shrubs and bushes of all sizes and many different shades of green. Harry stole quick glances at these every few feet to see if he could spot a color close to his eye color. None of them came close to his brilliant shade of the color.

When he reached the front of the cottage he gazed at its simplistic beauty. The house was elegant yet subtle at the same time. The wood used for the cottage was big oak trees. They seemed to fill each others gaps nicely, even and perfect. Harry strongly suspected that magic was used to bring this effect about. The roof was flat and had leaves the sprinkled it. Of course, Harry did not know that because the roof was at least fifteen feet high.

Harry rapped his knuckles on the smoothly polished front door. There was no doorknob. Harry waited until he could hear faint steps on the other side of the door, then he drew out his wand and took a step back, giving him the most maneuverability in case of a confrontation. When the door opened Harry was surprised at what he saw.

“Oh, come on, Harry! We aren’t in tough times anymore. Put that down and get inside!”

Harry stared into the eyes of the Minister of Magic as he brought his wand down to his side. Harry swiftly stowed his wand away and regained his posture. “I see, Harry, that Mad-Eye has left a lasting impression on you, even after all this time.”

“Yes, Kingsley, I always try to learn from my betters,” replied Harry with a small smile. Kingsley ushered him inside while he replied in his deep voice.

“Oh, come on now Harry, don’t you ever give yourself any credit? You know there are few wizards more equipped than yourself.”

“Oh yes, I know that, but there is always room for improvement and you have no idea how much of a help everyone has been to get me where I am,” Harry said as Kingsley Shacklebolt directed him towards a large sitting room. The room was very brightly decorated. The walls were splashed with orange and red with hints of blue every few feet. The floor was covered in a lush carpet of yellow.

There were shelves full of books on the left and right side of the wall. Also, a desk was placed near the back of the room. It had a few knick-knacks on it and there were two stacks of papers. Harry saw a double-sided frame with a picture of Kingsley, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the Order inside of it. Harry guessed that the picture was charmed to show on both sides.

Harry sat down in a comfortable table chair that had fur for a back cushion. Harry watched Kingsley conjure up two goblets each full of an amber-colored liquid Harry recognized as Madame Rosmerta’s mead. Harry took a small sip and Kingsley gave him a small smile before he began to speak.

“Harry, I thank you for coming, I know it is your day off and I am sure you would be happy doing something else,” Kingsley said in his deep-pitched voice.

“The Minister requests a meeting and I would gladly come running,” Harry said, thinking of the irony of his youth when he used to despise the Ministry and the face of it, the Minister of Magic. “Of course, it helps that I already like you.”

Kingsley smiled a little knowingly showing his bright teeth that contrasted elegantly from his dark skin.

“Well, Harry, I’m glad you came anyway. You see, it is a very… um, pressing matter that I have been faced with. The report would have gone straight to you, but I happened to come by it and take the report to go over it before I gave it to you,” Kingsley said choosing his words carefully.

“What do you mean? Is there a case I don’t know about?” Harry said, eyeing Kingsley suspiciously.

“Yes, that would be the case, but-”

“Then please inform me, Minister,” Harry said with a hint of anger coming through. Harry did not like secrets being kept from him, not when he was the Head of the Auror Department. He needed to know everything to do his job proper. He should be the one to keep secrets; secrets should not keep them from him.

“Well, you see, it is very delicate, and I need the right person put on the job for this. We haven’t experienced something this serious in quite a while. There might be a few Aurors I would like for you to not choose for this. They might be unprepared, or… biased,” Kingsley said slowly but he said enough to get Harry’s temper down. Harry realized that this secret was not going to be a secret much longer and I looked to be an interesting mission. Maybe I’ll assign myself to this one and get some action in, Harry thought.

“Harry, you must promise me that you will not get involved in this, at all, after you have assigned the appropriate Aurors.”

So much for that idea, Harry thought. Harry pondered this and quickly resigned to agree. After all, he had put himself in for an assignment not that long ago and it would be bad form to do another one so soon, even if his assignment had turned out to be a false alarm.

“Okay, then, I promise, but why are you telling me this if you aren’t getting me involved?”

“Because, Harry, it is your children, they have gone missing.”

The words hit Harry like a sack of bricks. He did not want to believe it. He hoped desperately that George Weasley, older brother of his best friend Ron, would pop in to the room and scream, “April fools!” But Harry knew that the former twin was busy in France, and that the date was wrong for such an event.

Still, Harry did not want to believe it. He had trained his children himself. They were as tough mentally, physically, and magically as possible. They could hold their own against most of the Aurors in training. Even Lily, who was only 14, could have lasted a good fight against most.

“When, you say ‘missing’…?” Harry said after what seemed like a long time.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 12:53 AM
howdugetsougly is currently offline Click here to Send howdugetsougly a Private Message Find more posts by howdugetsougly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

“We suspect old Death Eaters trying to do their former master a favor. I think that their main target is you and they are using them to get to you. I know, Harry, that they are your cildren and you feel that you must protect them, but-”

“Damn right I want to protect them!” Harry boomed standing up and beginning to pace. “I need to protect them! Anyway, how were they kidnapped? I thought you put all the security you could spare on watching them when they went to Little Whinging? If I find out they went missing when someone should have been watching-”

“Calm yourself Harry! You need to understand the whole story before you do something rash!” Kingsley waited until Harry had sat back down and his breathing became regular, instead of the fast paced huffing that he had been doing. “Now, wait until I am finished until you speak again Harry, please.”

Harry was going to start up again but he held his tongue and waited impatiently for Kingsley to start again.

“As far as our intelligence has reached, we gather that your children did reach your cousin’s house in Little Whinging, Surrey. They did pause briefly at a small restaurant on their way there. We could not go in with them, but it seemed to have gone smoothly, and they were out within an hour. They reached your cousin’s house at nine o’clock. From afar we could tell that they were safe and that they enjoyed a warm welcome. Also it seems that before bed, your children held a small meeting in one of the bedrooms. We don’t know what was said but they all went to bed with grim faces. There was a shift in the security at one in the morning. That watchman recalls seeing all three of your children’s lumpy forms in bed. Whether they were there at that time or had been replaced at that moment is hard to tell. Either way, the lumpy forms did not awake. When your cousin went in to check to see that they were alright, he found three manikins under the covers. Needless to say, I have personally checked the restaurant and the house already. I have decided that I want Rich Proudfoot on this case. He is a little older, but I worked with him a few times and he is very resourceful and a good choice for this case.”

Kingsley stopped here to observe Harry closely. Harry nodded his head in approval of the assignment, though he did it grudgingly. Kingsley pulled out his wand and gave it a casual flick.

“You promised me Harry that you would not get in this case. Now I want it in writing. You realize that this contract is magical? And that it will hold you to your word?”

Harry nodded again, afraid to open his mouth in case he started yelling at the Minister of Magic. The irony just keeps getting thicker, Harry thought.

“This contract says that you are not allowed to work in any way on this case, officially. That means that while you are on the clock you cannot assist, in any way, towards the cases finality. If you agree, please sign.”

Harry looked at Kingsley in disbelief. Then, he smiled and scratched his name at the bottom of the paper with a quill from Kingsley’s desk.

“Thank you, Kingsley. Well I must be going, lots to prepare, you know, big vacation coming up for me, I think,” Harry said in a cheery voice. Kingsley smiled warmly and showed Harry out. “This is a lovely house, you have here Minister, I must remind myself to invite you over to my place for dinner some time. Ginny keeps telling me to do so,” Harry said as he shook Kingsley’s hand.

“Yes, well, I would be glad to come, but please don’t let me intrude on your day off any longer. I’m afraid that you must be going if you wish to have any of the day left to yourself and your wife.”

Harry strolled down the lane from which he came. Although Harry was upset about his children missing, he felt better that he was going to be searching for them. A panic had risen inside of him when he had heard them missing. He was the one who convinced Ginny to let them visit his cousin, Dudley Dursley. He had said that, since James was of age, he could take them. He had also shown how good they were at dueling to prove it to her. Harry felt worried that his children were in danger and could possibly…

“This seems to be far enough,” Harry said. He turned on the spot and felt the queasy tube sensation as he Apparated away with a pop!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 12:55 AM
howdugetsougly is currently offline Click here to Send howdugetsougly a Private Message Find more posts by howdugetsougly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

feedback is appreciated, sorry about my other fic... it just tapered off

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 12:55 AM
howdugetsougly

Chapter 2: Harry Hails Home

With a small pop Harry was in Godric’s Hollow. Or at least, he was on the outskirts of the town square. He set off on a brisk pace, down a lane that curved toward his left. Harry took in his surroundings and re-familiarized himself with them even though he had only left the place a short time before.

He saw the shrubbery and flowers on the side of the lane and he could smell them. Harry thought, though they smelled good, they didn’t come close to the smell he associated with Ginny. He was reminded of her every time he smelled a flower and he made sure he had a vase of fresh flowers on his desk every morning. It was a bit distracting but he decided that he would rather think of Ginny than listen to some suck-up giving a report about a false alarm in a distant part of the country.

Harry came to the town square and kept his guard up, hand clutched on his wand inside his pocket, while he strolled towards his home with his ill tidings. Harry gazed in wonder at the electronic gadgets in most of the shop windows. Harry wondered how much the Muggle (non-magical people) world had changed since he had separated himself from it. Apparently, the computers of Dudley’s that Harry used to play on when his negligent relatives went out were severely outdated.

Harry finally made it to the familiar war memorial that instantly turned into the statue of his parents and baby-Harry and he passed it after a moment. When he came to the second country lane that led away from the town square he quickened his pace. He wanted to be in his home now, wanted to be holding Ginny, and most of all, Harry wanted his children back.

Before Harry strolled up to his front door he took a look further down the road at his old home, the home he never knew, the home that burned down, never to be made knew. Harry wiped away a small tear in his eye and walked through the door.

“Ginny! What are you doing?!”

“What am I doing?” Ginny almost screeched. Her face was red with anger and she stood, almost on top of Harry, with a look of pure anger. “What am I doing? I’ll tell you what I’m doing! I am standing here, worrying over my husband, who just so happens to have gone missing before I could wake up! No note! No wake-up call! NO ANYTHING! Who do you take me for Harry-” She hit him on the arm, “James-” she hit him again, “POTTER!” She hit him one final time and then turned away, muttering under her breath about how worried she was.

“Ginny, I can explain-” Harry began but he was cut off for Ginny had faced forward again, her anger renewed.

“Explain?!? You realize who you are, don’t you? You’re the Boy-Who-Lived! This means that any person who’s ever thought the Death Eaters had a good cause wants you dead! So much for the Boy-Who-Lived! You’re the Boy-Who-Made-Me-Livid! Do you know how worried I was?”

Harry, despite his predicament, let out a soft chuckle. He immediately stopped and grew wide eyed, knowing the next statement out of his wife’s mouth.

“Think this is funny do you? Got a little inside joke I should know about?” she yelled at him.

“Actually I have two jokes,” Harry said in a soft voice, holding up two fingers. “The first is: If I’m the Boy-Who-Lived then why were you worrying? Wouldn’t I just keep going on living? And the second is that I just think you are frightening when you’re angry,” he paused until she was about to start up again before he added, “Frighteningly cute, that is.”
Harry was sure that this would calm her down. Well, he thought, at least enough until I could say my piece.

“Well… you really shouldn’t… worry me so much…” Ginny said distractedly. She seemed to forget what she was saying and tapered off into a final huff of breath.

“Listen, Ginny, I have a very good reason for why I was away,” Harry said as he practically pushed her into their sitting room. The room was decorated in scarlet and gold, in remembrance of Gryffindor House.
There were a couple of squashy arm chairs and two couches placed around a coffee table. The windows were on the wall opposite the door and they faced west. It made for a spectacular dusk, with the setting sun’s colors clashing with the scarlet and gold walls. However, since it was only a short time past midday, the sun shone through the room only barely.

On the wall where the door was, there were bookcases, each filled with their old schoolbooks, their children’s old schoolbooks, books they received as presents, and books they had because they thought they should have them.

Harry directed Ginny to one of the couches and sat next to her and turning so he could look her in the eye.

“So this morning, I woke up as usual, around nine-thirty, and I got up washed and took a walk around one of the lanes to clear my head before my day off. I wanted to make sure I got all of my work tendencies out of me before I spent the rest of the day relaxing and spending time with you. When I got back I made myself some eggs and then Hagrid Floo-ed me. You know how I set him up in the Leaky Cauldron, right?”

“Yes, I know. He begged you not to but you wouldn’t take no for an answer. I was there, remember. ‘Your health is at risk, Hagrid, and I am paying for your stay here because I am your friend. Consider a gift for many birthdays to come; because you will be around for many birthdays to come do you understand me, Hagrid?’ you said. And the Hagrid bawled like a baby about how great a person you were and how you’re the best friend anyone could ever ask for. He would’ve put old Dobby to shame,” Ginny said in a smirk. Then realizing her use of Dobby she looked upset.

“Its okay, Ginny, if you can’t remember someone in good health, how are you supposed to remember anyone? And plus, Hagrid’s knees were too weak for him to keep up his exotic life. He needed a stable environment and I merely gave it to him. Well, anyway, Hagrid asked if I would mind keeping him company this morning because he wanted to go into Diagon Alley. I agreed and told him I would meet him in an hour. I finished my breakfast and I was about to start off when Kingsley Floo-ed me. He wanted to meet me also and I told him I would come to his house when I was done with Hagrid. He gave me his address and I left for The Leaky Cauldron. Hagrid and I went into Diagon Alley for some items that he required. Now before you ask,” Harry said quickly, observing Ginny and the look on her face that meant she was going to ask about the items, “Hagrid made me promise not to tell anyone and I whole-heartedly obliged. I’m sorry but if I had to get these items I don’t think I would want you to know either. When we returned, it was nearly midday so I Apparated to Kingsley’s. What he told me is something I wish never happened.”

Harry looked grim as he related the tale of their children to his wife. Ginny looked surprised when he finished. Then she burst into tears. Harry was sure that only a loss of one of her family members would result in her crying. She was a very tough witch.

“Harry, does this mean you have to quit so you can look for them?” she sobbed. Harry shook his head and pulled her closer to him before he continued.

“No, I won’t have to do that. I’ve got twenty-four years worth of sick and vacation days. Well almost that many, I have taken a few days off here and there. The way I see it, I can take a couple of weeks off before I should go back in for a week and then I can do it again. Hopefully I can find them before the first two weeks are up,” Harry said as she cried into his chest. He kissed her forehead and rubbed her back. Harry remembered the first time he ever held his daughter, Lily, and rubbed her back. He felt another pang of guilt as Ginny finally calmed down.

“You know I’m going to be coming, right?” she said, looking up at him.
A first Harry wanted to say no and that she needed to stay at her job but he knew she wouldn’t accept that so he nodded his head.

“But what about your team? The Harpies wouldn’t be the same without their star Chaser,” Harry said to her playfully.

“I’m sure the Holyhead Harpies, winner of the last three Inter-League Cups, can find an adequate replacement until I am available again. It will be a loss but since I own the record for most points by a Chaser in a single season, they will have no choice but to accept me when I return,” she said smugly. Harry grinned at her and kissed her on the lips.

--

double post.....

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 04:23 AM
howdugetsougly

Harry, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione all sat in the dungeon kitchen at Grimmauld Place. Harry and Ginny were not surprised to find that it had been cleaned up quite nicely. There ceased to be a sensation of Slytherin influence anywhere in the place. As Harry explained their situation to their best friends (and Ginny’s older brother) they looked shocked and, immediately after, started explaining all the ways they would help them. Harry however quickly waved them off. Kreacher came in with their after dinner tea, while Harry spoke.

“Please stop you two. We will not be accepting any help from either of you or anyone else. It is our responsibility and we will take care of it. I know you want to help- thank you, Kreacher- but we need to do this alone. Ron I want you in charge while I am on leave. You’re the best Auror I have. You know how I run things and I hope to return to a familiar environment. Hermione, both Ginny and I will be owling you to tell you where we are. I know it goes against everything you stand for, but if you notice any, um, improper magic around our location we need you to overlook it.”

Hermione did not phase but merely nodded her head. Harry was pleasantly surprised and then he continued. “I wouldn’t ask you but since you are the Head of the Improper Use of Magic Office….” Harry looked at them while he sipped his tea. He thought that they were being unusually cooperative.

Then he looked into their eyes and noticed that they each had wanted to say something. “What is it you two?” Harry said a little annoyed.

“Can’t you see?” Ginny said to him in disbelief. “Oh they’ve wanted to tell us for ages. Hermione congratulations, is it a boy or a girl?”
Now it was Harry’s turn to look shocked. His eyes darted back and forth between his two best friends.

“Oh it is too early to tell. But we are very excited and can’t wait for our third-” Hermione said before getting cut off by Ron.

“And last!” Hermione looked at him with a frown and then finished. Harry guessed that Ron had forgotten some key points in his old book Twelve Fail-Safe Ways to Charm Witches.

“Yes, we are very excited, indeed for our third child. But we haven’t discussed if we want to have more know have we, Ronald?” she growled at him.

“No we haven’t dear.” Harry was amazed at how similar his friends acted to the now retired Mr. and Mrs. Weasley he had known as his surrogate parents.

They ended their night in small talk and then Harry and Ginny left after a prolonged good-bye session.

When they arrived home, both Ginny and Harry climbed into bed, kissed each other goodnight, put out their lanterns, and fell immediately to sleep.

Harry’s dreams were haunted of his children’s kidnapping and he awoke the next morning grumpy.

--

feedback appreciated!

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 04:25 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg really gud, u shud post more
hav u read my 2 stories, they r
wut i think wud have happened n the 7th bk
but really gud, brilliant!!
smile
post soon plz

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 04:01 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
howdugetsougly

thank you, sim, i'll look into your two stories, hopefully they're not so good that i will bge distracted from writing my own

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 04:50 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

lol, most ppl r, but still urs goes into detail,
mine dont, so wen u postin i really luv ur story
postpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpost

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 04:57 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HPRules
SMILE

plz update soon very very good

Old Post Aug 6th, 2007 10:04 PM
HPRules is currently offline Click here to Send HPRules a Private Message Find more posts by HPRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

plz update now smile

Old Post Aug 7th, 2007 07:32 PM
HPRules
SMILE

He-He

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 02:41 AM
HPRules is currently offline Click here to Send HPRules a Private Message Find more posts by HPRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

he said he'd post tomorrow, maybe

Old Post Aug 8th, 2007 02:42 AM
HPRules
SMILE

Okay big grin

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 02:01 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

post now, plz

i hope i dont get in trouble for demanding so much

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 02:05 AM
HPRules
SMILE

lol plz post soon

Old Post Aug 9th, 2007 09:48 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

post plz man, post

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 01:55 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooost

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 05:55 PM
howdugetsougly

its coming in five minutes

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 06:21 PM
howdugetsougly

Chapter 3: In Preparation

Harry awoke on the day he was set to leave to start his search for his children. He was anxious and he felt as though he should’ve left sooner, but he knew that he must be patient. The Death Eaters that kidnapped his children wouldn’t hurt them if they wanted Harry. Well, Harry thought, they wouldn’t hurt them just yet.

Harry got out of bed and looked at Ginny. She was still sleeping peacefully. He noticed how beautiful she looked as her chest rose slightly with every breath she took. He was looking forward to spending every moment of his next two weeks with her.

Harry had gone into work the day after he had been to the meeting with Kingsley and put in a request for two weeks off. He had waited impatiently for his reply. It had gone through the Minister himself, and he had been given approval for two weeks after he had finished that week. It was anxiety in its most extreme form waiting for his week to end.

Ginny also had given her notice of temporary resignation from her professional Quidditch team. They had made a big fuss and badgered Ginny about her lack of team loyalty. In fact one team member sent her a Howler, which exploded as soon as she got it, and called Ginny some very inappropriate names as well as questioning her integrity.

Ginny had put up with it all and managed to stay strong even though she couldn’t ask for sympathy from her teammates. Harry and Ginny had been told to tell nobody of their children’s disappearance. It had taken a lot out of Ginny to stand there and be called a heartless person when she was only resigning so she could find her lost children.

Harry and Ginny supported each other through that tough week and although it was because their children were kidnapped, they looked happy to get away from everyone.

Harry walked into his kitchen and sat down at his small wooden table. He let out a deep sigh. Somehow he knew that he had been keeping that sigh in for the past week, waiting for the moment when he would be able to let it out.

Harry looked around at his quaint kitchen. It was divided into two different parts, separated by a counter. The first part bore the stove and cabinets for ingredients. There was also a door that led to a small pantry with preserved goods and snacks. The second part of the room had the small table Harry was sitting at with small drawers built into the wall for silverware and dishes. Harry made himself some toast and walked around his house. He wanted to get one last look at each and every room before he left for his small excursion.

He moved into his formal dining room and instantly a memory of a dinner with Ron and Hermione had popped into his head. He had invited Ron and Hermione to spend their evening with himself and Ginny shortly after they moved into their new home. It was a couple of years after the fall of Voldemort. Harry remembered being relieved to finally have his own place. He and Ginny had been staying with Ron and Hermione in Grimmauld Place. They helped fix it up and had a very good time there.

When Ron and Hermione walked in, Harry had immediately taken their cloaks and hung them up in the closet to the right of the front door. Harry showed them the main parts of the house; the kitchen, the study (where Harry spent his time going through paperwork from the office, and where Ginny spent her time going through scouting reports of opposing teams), and Harry showed them the sitting room just as the sun was setting. They gasped when they entered it.

Ron made a comment to Harry in a whisper so Hermione or Ginny could hear. He had said, “So I can guess where you and Ginny slept the first night you were here. Better not be sneaking off to this room while I’m here, though, if you want to keep your job, as well as your life.” Harry and Ron chuckled to themselves and both acted innocent when Hermione asked suspiciously what was wrong with them.

The dinner had gone smoothly, and Harry was happy with his acquisition of the house. Harry took a look into the spare bedroom that was used so often. The list of its inhabitants was very long and seemed to grow too fast for Harry’s liking. He was a little glad that he could refuse someone the room now that he would not be in the house too much over the next two weeks.

He and Ginny (with a little help from Hermione) had come up with a plan for their searching. They had agreed to check the Dursley home as well as the restaurant. If they didn’t find anything they would follow the Auror who was on the case around until he unearthed a clue for them.
When they were done searching, they would Apparate back to their bedrooms and sleep until it was time to search again.

Harry meandered back towards his bedroom to wake Ginny. She was still sleeping contently when he arrived there. He gently shook her and she woke up. They were quiet as they prepared themselves for what they might find on their detective mission.

“Are you ready to go?” Harry asked his wife, feeling ready himself.

“Yes, what about you?” Harry nodded. They walked into their backyard and Apparated.

--

Harry looked at his surroundings. He looked at the familiar scenery.

Harry saw the similar houses. He was taunted by them with his childhood and the miserable life he had known there. Harry looked at the lawns. They were each cared for as if they were each in a competition; green, lush, and every strand the same height as the next. The order and tidiness of the place screamed Petunia Dursley. But she did not live there anymore. Number 4 Privet Drive was now occupied by her son, Dudley, and his wife, Veronica. They strolled up the driveway and knocked on the door.

“Dudley, dear someone is here for you!”

Veronica Dursley was tall and had big dull brown eyes. They were a dark brown that could be mistaken for black at a distance. She was bony but not as bony as was Petunia Dursley. She had dirty blonde hair that trailed down her back. She had a very small nose and small ears with tiny points near the tops.

When Harry walked in and greeted his cousin’s spouse. He had not been inside the house in a few years and he was looking at the few changes that had been made. The walls were a shade of brown that Harry recognized from a few owls he had come across.

The television had been moved from one side of the room to the other and the dining room looked the same as it had when he had lived at Number 4 Privet Drive.

The kitchen was tidy and clean (though, admittedly, not as clean as Harry’s Aunt Petunia had kept it) and there was a small carpet at the foot of the stairs.

“Hello, Harry! Wasn’t expecting you, but a pleasant surprise nonetheless!” Harry’s larger cousin Dudley exclaimed, stepping onto the carpet at the bottom of the stairs.

The only difference between the seventeen-year-old Dudley and the Dudley that stood before Harry now, was a small, blonde mustache. “What brings you here? Are you here to drop off your children? I must say, I have been dying to meet them, but I thought they were to come last week not this one?”

Harry eyed his cousin. Harry had guessed that this would be the case.

His cousin had a memory charm on him, making him forget that his children had arrived and disappeared already.

“No, Dudley, I’m not but I am glad to see that you are fine and doing well,” Harry said politely gesturing around to indicate the fine job he did on Number 4. “Well, I don’t know how to say this….” Harry trailed off thinking how to best put what he wanted to say next. Dudley looked at him in earnest. “Listen, my children have already been here. They did come last week, and we think that they were kidnapped either here or along the way.”

Dudley face gave him a look like he was crazy, and then bemused expression crossed it as if Harry was pulling a fast one on him, then, finally, making a last change to a frightened stare.

“D-does… what you d-do have t-to do with t-this?” Dudley whispered, shrinking into a seat. Harry sat in a chair next to him and looked at Dudley pityingly. After all this time, after getting used to Harry using magic in front of him, Dudley still feared magic as if it were the plague.

“Yes, Dudley, it does. I believe that you have a memory charm on you so that you would not remember James, Lily, and Albus coming, and we,” gesturing out of the room, to where Ginny was keeping Veronica out of the way, “believe the people that took my children were also magical.”

Dudley flinched upon the utterance of the word magical.

“Well what are you going to do?” Dudley whispered after a thought. Harry eyed Dudley and then replied.

“Well, if you’ll let me I’d like to try and take this memory charm off of you so that you can remember the night and help me with any information that you have. Then, I’ll search the room where they stayed and then Ginny and I will be on our way,” Harry said slowly, making his modus operandi clear.

Dudley looked more scared than before but finally nodded quickly and closed his eyes.

“Well, first you have to sign this so I don’t lose my job at the Ministry….” Harry said waving his wand and making a formal looking piece of paper appear and made it float in front of Dudley. He opened his eyes, and moved back in his seat at the sight of the sudden arrival of the paper.

“Oh, yes, of course,” Dudley stammered, then quickly took out a pen and scribbled his name at the bottom. Then, closing his eyes he said, “Alright Harry, I- I think I’m ready.”

Harry pointed his wand forward. He did not know if the memory charm was powerful or if it had been clumsily cast, in the midst of a stealthy get-a-way. Either way, Harry prepared his mind, because if he back fired, Harry would have an identical charm on him and his cousin’s mind would be fried.

-----------------------

What did you think? please tell me!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 06:25 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

yay, excellent

Old Post Aug 10th, 2007 06:26 PM