KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » Harry Potter Fiction » Being With You -an h/hr story

Being With You -an h/hr story
Started by: ewalklover

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

Being With You -an h/hr story

A/N: To some of you who have read my other story, He Was Meant to be With..., this story will seam familiar. That's because I took the Harry/Hermione part of that story and re-wrote the beginning to make it so that Harry never dates Ginny, and he's only in love with Hermione. Even if you have read the other story, I suggest that you read the first few chapters of this aswell because there have been many changes.

If you don't know from my other story, I LOVE reviews!! They make me post faster. I didn't get too many reviews on my other story, so I'm hoping to get lots on this one.

And now, here's the first chapter. Enjoy!!

-ewalklover

Being With You
A Harry/Hermione Story
By: ewalklover

Chapter One: I Think I'm in Love

Harry Potter, age 17, sat on his bed in the seventh year boy’s dormitory in Gryffindor Tower at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry with his head in his hands. He was thinking, and thinking hard.

During the summer, his feelings for a certain bushy haired brunette had developed into something…more. He was desperately trying to figure out what these feelings were. Were they just close friendship? Or…more?

Just as Harry was about to get up and get ready for bed, the dormitory door burst open and in walked a tall, gangly, redheaded boy. “Harry! You have to come and check out my and Hermione’s new Head Boy and Girl dorm. It’s amazing!”

“Okay, Ron, I’m coming,” Harry said as Ron Weasley pulled him out of the dorm and then out of the common room.

Ron led Harry down the hall and around a few corners before stopping in front of a portrait of a blonde mermaid who was braiding her hair. She giggled when they stopped in front of her. “Password?” she asked in a singsong voice.

“Tickle me silly,” said Ron, and the mermaid swung her portrait open. Harry raised his eyebrows at the silly password, and Ron explained that one year, many, many years ago before Dumbledore was even headmaster, the head boy and girl put tickling charms on everyone before they left the school, as a way to remember them. It had been the password ever since.

Harry followed Ron into the common room. It looked almost exactly like the Gryffindor common room, only it was smaller. There was a large fireplace on one wall with a table, a couch, and two chairs in front of it. On each side of the common room were two desks, presumably one for Ron and one for Hermione. Everything, of course, was red and gold. At the back of the room were two doors leading to the bedrooms.

Ron led Harry to the door on the right and swung it open. It seemed as though Ron had already done some decorating. There was one big four-poster bed, a small bookcase, a wardrobe, and a door that led to the bathroom. The room was, like the common room, decked out in Gryffindor colours. Around the walls hung moving posters of the Chudley Cannons, Ron’s favourite Quidditch team.

Harry chuckled. “Nice room,” he said.

“Ron, I wanted to get started on Hogsmeade dates…can you come out here—Oh! Hi, Harry!” said a slightly embarrassed Hermione Granger.

“Hey, Hermione.”

There was an awkward moment of silence where the three of them just stood there, Harry looking at Hermione, Hermione looking at Harry, and Ron looking back and forth between both of them.

“Um, you guys can start planning Hogsmeade dates or whatever, I’ll just go to bed,” said Harry.

“Oh, no! Harry, you can stay!” Hermione said. “If—if you want to,” she added as an afterthought.

“Nah, I’ll see you guys in the morning.”

Attention all students third year and up:

The following days have been booked as Hogsmead trips:

September 16th
October 14th
November 25th

Please note that all students attending must have their permission forms signed by a parent or guardian.

Harry chuckled the next morning when he read the announcements that had appeared over night. He needed to talk to Ron.

During his first free period, Harry made his way to the head’s common room. Sure enough, there was Ron, playing chess against himself.

“Great!” Ron looked up when Harry walked in. “Now I don’t have to beat myself! I can beat you instead!”

“Haha, but I’m not here to play chess. I need to talk to you. About Hermione.”

“What, you in love with her, or something?” Ron joked.

Harry didn’t laugh.

Ron’s smile faded. “You…you’re in love…with Hermione?”

Harry nodded his head slowly.

Ron burst out laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Harry asked.

“Nothing,” Ron said clearing his throat. “So…why don’t you ask her to Hogsmeade?”

“You wouldn’t be mad?”

“Me? Why would I be mad? It’s not like I like her like that, Harry, common, be reasonable. We always fight. We’re better off just friends anyways.”

“So you really wouldn’t mind if I asked her?”

“No. Now go. I expect she’s in the library somewhere.” Ron said, shoving Harry out of the portrait hole.

Harry entered the library. Sure enough, there she was, sitting on her usual couch in a corner, engrossed in a heavy-looking book. Her long, bushy brown hair fell into her face and she pushed it back behind her ear. Oh, how he longed to run his fingers through that hair.

Just as he was about to go over he got nervous. What if she said no? He had always expected she liked Ron, anyways. He didn’t think he could deal with her rejection right now, so he decided to leave. He would just ask her some other time, closer to the date.

Of course, he never did ask her. He, Ron, and her just went like usual, although Hermione seemed a bit touchy and upset. She wouldn’t tell the boy’s what her problem was though, and the next day she was back to normal.

Please R&R!!

Old Post Aug 31st, 2007 11:21 PM
Emmy-xo is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy-xo a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy-xo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

plz post soon, remember fans demand
PLZ POST NOW, DANGIT

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 09:24 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

A/N: Here's the second chapter! smile Remember, I LOVE reviews...the more reviews I get the more I post the faster you get more good fluff!

-ewalklover

Chapter Two: Friday the Thirteenth

“Harry?”

Harry shook his head and cleared it of all thoughts. He looked up and stared into the eyes of Ginny Weasley.

“Oh, Hey, Gin.” He said. Ginny sat down across from him. The somewhat warm, sunny days of September had turned into the cool, crisp days of October, and now it was Tuesday the tenth.

“I was just wondering when we were going to have Quidditch tryouts,” she said.

“Don’t be silly, Ginny, you don’t need to tryout. You’re already on the team. I just need one new chaser, and I’m thinking of Dean, since he was a reserve last year and played pretty well,” said Harry as he buttered a piece of toast.

Ginny shugged. “Whatever you say…but you never know, someone much better could come along.”

“Ginny, I’ve made up my mind,” Harry laughed. Didn’t she want to be on the team? “I’ll schedule one for Friday,” he said absentmindedly.

“WHAT?!” Ginny shrieked, and McGonagall shot her a look. Ginny blushed, and lowered her voice. “What? Harry, you can’t do that! That’s Friday the thirteenth, something bad will happen, I just know it!”

Harry laughed, and Ginny frowned at him. “What? You can’t honestly believe all of that superstition, can you? Remember when I was in third year and I kept seeing the Grim? I’m still here, aren’t I?”

“Fine! Suit yourself! But if someone dies, it’s entirely you’re fault.” She stuck her nose in the air and left the Great Hall. Harry watched her go, chuckling to himself. He was glad she had gotten over her shyness.

“Alright, chasers and Ron mount your brooms!” called Harry to his quidditch team. It was Friday, October 13th, the day before the next Hogsmead visit and Harry had yet to ask Hermione. He didn’t know how he was going to ask her. Due to this problem, he was in a really sour mood. It didn’t help that outside it was freezing, windy, and pelting rain.

“We’re going to drill Ron now, and that’ll give you chasers a chance to work on your shots,” he yelled up to Ginny, Demelza, and Dean, the Gryffindor team chasers. He threw the quaffel up to Dean who caught it and passed to Ginny, who then scored on Ron. It should have been an easy save too. Harry groaned.

This went on for about another hour, with the beaters, Jimmy Peakes and Ritchie Coote, hitting bludgers towards the chasers to try and stop them from scoring. Harry was standing on the ground below them, watching. He watched as goal after goal were scored on Ron. He thought that after last year he might be better with his nerves, but apparantly he wasn’t. Ron had so far only saved one goal, and it had been one where just as Demelza was about to thow the quaffel, she got hit was a bludger, knocking her throw off course.

All of a sudden, if it was even possible, the rain came down harder, making it impossible to see. “Okay,” called Harry up to them, but he wasn’t sure that they could hear him. “Stop. Stop! STOP!”

Ginny, it seemed, was the only one who had heard him, she stopped her broom, hovering in the air, when all of a sudden, a bludger hit by Jimmy smashed into her head. Ginny slipped off of her broom, not able to hold on, and tumbled to the ground. Her abandoned broom flew into Dean and he caught it.

Harry, upon seeing this, rushed towards her, thanking god that she hadn’t been too high up in the air. Ron landed beside him, Jimmy on the other side. A few seconds later, the rest of the team was crowded around.

Jimmy was biting his nails nervously. “I’m sorry! I couldn’t see anything! I didn’t even know she was there!” he cried.

“It’s alright, Jimmy. I think she’ll be fine. She’s just knocked out. Ron, help me get her up to Madame Pomfrey. Practice is over,” said Harry sternly. He and Ron lifted Ginny up and carried her to the hospital wing.

When they got there, Madame Pomfrey rushed over immediately and asked what had happened. Harry explained in a calm voice, and they brought Ginny over to an empty bed. Madame Pomfrey hustled about, fixing potions and performing charms until she came to a conclusion.

“She should be fine,” concluded the mediwitch. “It’s probably a good idea that I still check with the healers at St. Mungo’s though. And she’ll need to stay here for a few days at least.”

“Okay,” said both boys together. Since there was nothing else they could do, they turned to leave to go back and change out of their wet and muddy Quidditch robes.

“So,” said Ron as they walked away from the Hospital Wing, “Haven’t asked Hermione yet, eh?”
“No,” Harry grumbled, “I just can’t ever find the right time to ask her.”

“Well, hey! Now’s the best time! Not to mention probably your last chance.”

“But what are you going to do?”

“Who cares about me? I’ll go with Neville and Seamus and Dean.”

“Okay. Wish me luck!”

“Good luck!” Ron called after Harry, who sprinted to his dorm to change.

After finding out from Ron that she wasn’t in the heads’ common room, he decided to look in the library, Hermione’s favourite place. Sure enough, there she was, sitting on her usual couch in a corner, engrossed in a heavy-looking book. Her long, bushy brown hair fell into her face and she pushed it back behind her ear. Oh, how he longed to run his fingers through that hair.

“Hey,” said Harry, sitting beside her.

“Hi, Harry. How was practice?” she asked cheerfully.

“It was terrible. Ron saved one goal and Ginny got hurt. She’s going to be in the hospital wing for a few days.”

“Oh, that’s horrible! She’ll miss the Hogsmead trip tomorrow!’

“Yeah, about that. Hermione, I was wondering if you wanted to go with me. Just you and me…you know?”

Hermione smiled. Even though she had a hunch that Ginny had a “thing” for Harry, she just couldn’t say no. After all, it was every woman for herself, wasn’t it? “I’d love that Harry! But…what about Ron?”

“He can go with Neville, Seamus, and Dean,” Harry shrugged.

“Okay, then. I’d love to go with you Harry,” she beamed.

“ ‘Kay, well, I’ll let you get back to your book then,” said Harry, and he got up and left to find Ron and tell him the good news.

PLEASE R&R!!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 09:40 PM
Emmy-xo is currently offline Click here to Send Emmy-xo a Private Message Find more posts by Emmy-xo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg post mopre plz, or u will get very mean PMs from me, lol laughing

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 10:04 PM
Giggles is currently offline Click here to Send Giggles a Private Message Find more posts by Giggles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

Haha! Very soon..I'm almost done, I promise!!

Keep reviewing people!!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 10:33 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, u kno i am like ur best fan Emmy, lol
so guess wat?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 10:34 PM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

Lizzie: You ARE my best fan!! I'm hopeing to get some more soon though...spread the word of my story!!
what?!

A/N: Chapter three! so many chapters in so little time. I'm shocked at myself. lol. Enjoy everybody!

Chapter Three: Finally

The morning of her Hogsmeade date with Harry, Hermione fretted over what she should wear. She didn’t have anything remotely as nice as Ginny did since she wasn’t a big fashion fan. She would have to remember to go shopping with Ginny sometime and get some cute clothes for occasions such as this.

Hermione pulled out a lacy blue tank top she was sure was Ginny’s and put her black v-neck sweater over it. That and jeans would have to do. She grabbed her jacket and went to meet Harry out on the grounds.

As she left her room, Ron entered their common room. She smiled and said, “Forget something?”

“Yeah, my jacket. It’s pretty cold out there,” he laughed. He wished it was him going with Hermione instead of Harry, even though he knew she would bore him to death in the bookshops. He really didn’t mind though…

“…Well, I guess I’ll see you later then,” said Hermione, waving as she left the room. She couldn’t wait. Her first ever real date with Harry! She had liked him for so long, and now he finally felt the same way! She had never thought he’d ask her to Hogsmeade…but he did!

She had reached Harry by now. They smiled at each other and set off down the road towards Hogsmeade.

“Harry would you mind if we stopped in the bookshop? I have a book on order and I want to see if it’s come in yet,” Hermione said, shivering.

“ ‘Course not,” said Harry, just glad to be with her.

They walked in somewhat awkward silence the rest of the way to the bookshop, where they went in. Harry sat down on a large, squishy chair and waited an hour and a half while Hermione looked through books. She ended up buy three and getting the one she had on order.

“I can’t wait to read these books,” Hermione gushed as she and Harry left the bookshop. “Where to now, Harry?”

“Well, I was thinking we could just go to the Three Broomsticks and get some butterbeer. It’s pretty cold today,” Harry said.

“Good idea. I don’t want to be outside to much,” Hermione said, and they made their way to the Three Broomsticks.

Upon entering, Harry told Hermione to go and find a table while he got drinks. She nodded alright, and found a table away from the others in a corner. A few minutes later, Harry came back carrying two bottles of butterbeer.

“Thanks,” Hermione said as Harry handed her a bottle. Their fingers brushed, and they blushed. Harry took a swig of butterbeer.

“So, What books did you get?” Harry asked, desperate to make conversation. He had never had any trouble before, but now it just seemed…hard.

“Oh! Two of them were muggle books…they can get muggle books there, you know? It’s really quite amazing. Anyways, I got Charlotte’s Web, that’s always been one of my favourites, and Pride and Prejudice, my mum suggested I read that. I also got The Autobiography of Janette Flabberstone, she’s my favourite singer. You know, she was on the cover of Teen Witch Weekly two weeks ago? She’s absolutely brilliant. Oh, and I also got the newest edition of Hogwarts, A History. That’s the book I ordered.”

Harry smiled. “I’ve heard of Charlotte’s Web. We were supposed to read it in school…before Hogwarts.” Hermione nodded, and he continued. “Anyways, I never did end up reading it because the Dursley’s wouldn’t let me get a library card so that I could borrow it. So, naturally, I failed that part of the class.”

Hermione frowned. “That’s really too bad. It’s such a classic, you’ll have to borrow mine.”

Harry laughed. “All right, Hermione, whatever you want.”

After a bit more discussion about Hermione’s books, the topic turned to Ginny.

“I wonder how Ginny’s doing,” Hermione said lazily as she took a drink of her second butterbeer. “It’s really too bad she had to miss the Hogsmeade trip today.”

“Yeah,” Harry said. He didn’t want to talk about Ginny right now.

“You know, I’ve always thought she had a thing for you Harry.”

Harry raised an eyebrow. “Oh really? Well, that doesn’t matter right now, does it?”

“No, I guess not,” Hermione said, shifting her gaze so that she was looking his straight in the eye. They smiled, and Hermione blushed as she looked at her fingers.

Harry glanced at his watch. “We should probably head back now,” he said somewhat sadly.

“Alright,” Hermione said, and they got up and left, making their way back to Hogwarts. There was some small talk, but mostly they walked in a comfortable silence, Harry’s arm slung loosely around Hermione’s shoulders.

When they reached the portrait of the Mermaid, Hermione said the password and then turned to Harry.

“I’m going to go take a bath now. I can barely move my fingers they’re so cold!” Harry laughed at this. “Thanks for today, Harry, I really had a lot of fun.”

“Me too,” said Harry smiling. As Hermione walked into her room, Harry walked into Ron’s. Ron was lying down on his bed, staring at the ceiling as he often did. He looked over when Harry walked in.

“So? How was it?” Ron asked, grinning.

“It was…amazing,” Harry said as he collapsed in an armchair opposite the bed.

“Really?” Ron raised an eyebrow. “So, what are you guys now? Friends? A couple? Friend’s with benefits?” Ron wiggled his eyebrows.

Harry laughed. “I don’t know…I suppose I’ll ask her later. If she wants to be my girlfriend. Do you think I should do that?”

“It’s up to you mate.”

“You really are no help, you know that?”

“I try, I try.”

Harry sat on the couch in front of the fire in the head’s common room waiting for Hermione. Ron had just left for dinner, so Harry was alone.

“Harry? What are you still doing here? I thought you and Ron would’ve gone down for dinner by now,” said Hermione. She closed the door to her room and walked the length of the floor over to the couch where Harry sat. She sat down beside him.

“Ron’s already left. I was waiting for you. I have to tell you something.”

“Okay…” said Hermione slowly. “Tell me.”

“Well, Hermione, it’s sort of like this. We’ve been really close friends for a while now, six years to be exact, and over the last year, my feelings for you have…developed.” He was trying to make this sound intelligent and romantic, really he was, but it didn’t really come out sounding like it had in his head. He watched Hermione’s look change from that of question to that of almost sheer happiness. “Oh god. This sounded a lot better in my head. Well, what I’m really trying to say, Hermione, is that I love you.”

Dean Thomas slipped away from the Gryffindor table. He was going to make his move now. He ran two stairs at a time up to the Hospital Wing before quietly opening the door, making sure that Madame Pomfrey wasn’t there, and then tip-toeing towards Ginny’s bed. Lucky for him, she was awake.

“Hey,” she smiled as he drew nearer.

He smiled back. “Hey. Listen Ginny. I think we need to talk.”

“Talk? About what?”

“Us. After last year. After breaking up. I’ve been doing a lot of thinking over the summer, and I wanted to let you know that I still love you, and I shouldn’t have treated you the way I did. I’m sorry,” he said somewhat sheepishly.

“Really, Dean? You still love me?”

“ ‘Course I do. Wouldn’t be saying it if I didn’t,” he said logically, taking her hand in his.

“I think we need to take it slow first, though. I mean, after you treated me last year…I just really don’t want that to happen again.” She said, looking him straight in the eye, never breaking contact. She wanted him to know that she wanted them to get back together, but she knew she had to be cautious.

“I agree one hundred percent. How about we start fresh? With a date to Hogsmead the next time we go?”

“Sounds good to me,” Ginny smiled.

Dean smiled too. “Goodnight, Ginny,” he said, kissing her on the cheek.

Hermione’s lips twitched into a smile. “Really?” she whispered.

“Really.”

Hermione flung her arms around Harry’s neck, pulling him into a hug. “I love you too, Harry Potter!”

Harry loosened her hold on him and looked her in the eyes. They seemed to be begging him, so he leaned in closer, closing his eyes as he did, and pressed his lips against hers.

It was a thousand and one times better than his kiss with Cho Chang. First of all, it wasn’t wet, and second, it was with a girl he really and truly loved.

R&R, please!!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 11:14 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

OMFG, U HAVE GOTTA POST SOON
and to answer ur what?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 11:23 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

I AM UR BEST AND BIGGEST FAN, LOL
AND
I AM POSTIN ON THE H/HR 2 N ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF, LOL

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2007 11:24 PM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

Lizzie: Yay! I'll go check it out as soon as I'm done posting this chapter!

A/N: And here is chapter four, which I dedicate to Lizzie, TheSims14, because she is my biggest (and as far as I know only) fan!! Remember, guys, I love reviews!!

Chapter Four: Pairing Off

Ron walked aimlessly around outside the castle. Harry and Hermione had been going out for about a week now, and they were inseparable, both in their own little world together. Ron had mostly been like a third wheel, even when he went to visit Ginny in the Hospital Wing, because Dean was always there. It seemed as though everyone had someone else. He was sad. He desperately wanted someone else to spend time with.

He sat down underneath the willow tree that he, Harry, and Hermione often sat under when the weather was nice, doing their homework. He stared out at the lake. Maybe he could have the Giant Squid for company. Oh, now he was just being stupid. Even the Giant Squid probably had a girlfriend.

“Hello, Ron,” said a quiet voice from beside him. Ron looked up into the pleasant face of Luna Lovegood.

“Oh, hello, Luna,” he said, smiling. He loved Luna. She was so funny, especially with her Quidditch commentary.

“Mind if I join you?” she asked. He shook his head and she sat down beside him. “So, Harry and Hermione, eh? Never really saw that coming. Personally, I always thought it would be you and Hermione. But, I guess I was wrong.”

“Yeah,” Ron said. “Noticed how everyone seems to have paired off then?” Luna nodded. “Figures. Seventh year and all…it’s to be expected I guess.” Luna just sat there, for once not saying anything. Ron thought he noticed a little bit of pity in her eyes. He decided to change the subject. “So, Luna, thinking of doing the Quidditch commentary this year?”

“Oh yes! Last year was so much fun! I really enjoy it. Daddy says I have a knack for things like that,” she said.

“Good. You were the best commentator last year. Much better than everyone else.”

Luna chuckled. They continued talking until Ron got hungry, and they decided to go to dinner.

After dinner, Harry and Hermione proceeded, hand in hand, to the heads’ common room. Once there, they flopped down on the couch, Hermione in Harry’s lap.

“So,” said Hermione, her arms wrapped around Harry’s neck, playing with his messy black hair, “I was thinking Ron and I should plan something for Halloween. Do you have anything in mind?”

“I have something in mind, but it has nothing to do with Halloween,” said Harry.

“Oh?” asked Hermione, raising an eyebrow.

“I believe we have some unfinished business to attend to, and I think we should attend to in right now.”

“Do you now?” Hermione whispered, bringing her face closer to Harry’s. Their lips met, and Harry’s arms moved from her legs to around her waist. He licked her lips, begging for an entrance. Hermione gave in, and let her lips part. Just as Harry was about to deepen the kiss, the portrait banged open, startling the couple. They looked up to see Ron.

“Oi! Lovebirds! Get a room will you?” he said, a smile playing at his lips. Harry and Hermione blushed slightly. They would have to wait until tomorrow to finish that still unfinished business.

The next day, Hermione unlocked her lips from Harry’s for a few minutes to catch up with Ginny, who was just out of the Hospital Wing. They had an hour before dinner, and Hermione wanted to do some girl talking. Ginny agreed, and they walked to Hermione’s dorm. Once there, they sat down on the bed, facing each other.

“So?” asked Ginny, grinning and cocking an eyebrow. “How are things with Harry?”

“Amazing. I honestly couldn’t ask for a better boyfriend. And how are things with Dean?”

“Slow, but good. I really like him, Hermione. Probably more than he likes me.”

“I don’t think so,” Hermione smiled, “I’ve seen the way he looks at you. Like there’s no other girl for him.”

“Well, good. ‘Cause there shouldn’t be.” Hermione and Ginny laughed.

“Anyways, Ginny, I really wanted to ask your opinion. Ron and I have been thinking…” she trailed off as Ginny gave her a look that said, Don’t try and tell me you’ve been alone with Ron for five seconds. “Well, okay, so mostly just me thinking. But what I was thinking about was what we should do for Halloween. I mean, it’s only like, a week and a half away or so…if we’re going to do something, we’d better plan it soon.”

“You’re right. You should definitely do something. But what to do, is the question…” Ginny thought for a moment. “How about…no…that’s not good. What have past Head Boys and Girls done?”

“Nothing, really, while we’ve been here. They never really put much thought into it. I suppose we could just have a regular Halloween feast like usual…it’s pretty late to plan anything anyways,” Hermione sighed.

“No it’s not, Hermione! It’s never too late! And in fact, I have the perfect idea for you. Have you noticed that a lot of the sixth and seventh years have been pairing off? Well, why not hold a party, sort of like a mixer for the sixth and seventh years. There could be music and butterbeer and candy, of course…I think it would be fun!”

“That’s actually not such a bad idea…” said Hermione, the wheels already turning in her head.

“Great. Glad you like it. Now, let’s go down for dinner. I’m starved!”

“I swear, Ron’s had a bad influence on you, Ginny,” said Hermione, and both girls laughed their way to the Great Hall.

In two days time, a new notice appeared on the notice boards in each common room over night. In the morning, students would be jumping up and down in excitement and annoyance over the announcement.

“A party? Just for sixth and seventh years? Awesome!” whispered a sixth year Hufflepuff to her friend.

“A party?” Draco Malfoy said in surprise. “How lame. Hey, Pansy! Go with me to the party?”

“I wish I was a sixth or seventh year,” sighed a small first year girl in Gryffindor.

“Hey, Luna! Come sit with us at lunch!” Ron called to her one day as he jogged down the hall to catch up to her before lunch.

“Alright! I hope no one else will mind,” she said, stopping right at the entrance to the Great Hall. She flicked her long blonde hair over her shoulder. “Great idea about the party, by the way. Sounds like it’ll be fun.”

“It was all Ginny’s idea, really,” Ron said, blushing a little. He and Luna had been spending a lot of time together over the past few days.

“Well, tell her it was a great one for me. Now let’s go to lunch. I’m starved!” she said, and she skipped into the Great Hall.

Ron watched her go as she skipped in ahead of him. Maybe, just maybe….

Harry pushed Hermione down onto her bed, his hands running down her body to her waist. She entwined her fingers in his messy black hair as she had done so many times before and deepened their kiss. Harry started to slide her robe off of her shoulders, touching the bare skin of her arms.

“Harry,” Hermione gasped, unlocking her lips from him. “I think we’re going a bit too fast.”

“Agreed,” Harry sighed, rolling off of her. They lay on the bed for a minute, before turning their heads to look at each other. Harry grinned. Hermione grinned back. She rolled over quickly so that she was on top of Harry and attached her lips to his again. It just felt right.

Please, guys, R&R!!

Last edited by Emmy-xo on Sep 3rd, 2007 at 01:07 AM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 01:04 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

i am sending u a PM, i just re-read the story again, and i have an idea

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 01:10 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg i just posted that and now just realized tht u posted, and
THX 4 DEDICATING IT 2 ME, laughing out loud
so, i am workin on tht h/hr post 4 my story
HURRY AND POST MORE SOON DANGIT

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 01:21 AM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

lol...maybe later tonight...I'm gonna take some time and read your Harry/Ginny story!!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 01:25 AM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

i posted on h/hr, its a short post, i gotta go do about an hr. of chores, so, l8r

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 01:26 AM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

Lizzie: I know I've already told you this like, ten billion times, but that story is amazing!!!

A/N: Okay, everyone, here's chapter five! Only one more chapter after this before everything is new again!! And remember, I looooooove getting reviews, good and bad!

Chapter Five: The Mixer

Halloween dawned on Hogwarts, and before anyone realised, they were finishing up their last classes and getting ready for the Halloween feast. Harry and Hermione walked down the hallway to the Great Hall, hand in hand, as usual.

When they entered the Great Hall they sat down at the Gryffindor table, across from Ron and Luna, who had been sitting there for a few meals. Nobody really minded, and she was happy because she had friends.

“Hey guys,” Harry said.

“Hey,” Ron managed to say through mouthfuls of food. Hermione looked at him disgustedly. Luna snorted at Hermione’s face. Ron looked at her, and they both started to laugh. Harry and Hermione exchanged confused glances, and started eating.

Just as Ron and Luna had settled down and continued eating again, Ginny showed up with Dean in tow.

“Hey!” Ginny greeted them, taking a seat next to Hermione. “Everything all set?” She whispered to her, and Hermione nodded.

Ginny, of course, was talking about the Halloween party for the sixth and seventh years that would be going on after this. Hermione had spent all afternoon setting up, and it was sure to be fun.

The feast finished, and while the fifth year and younger students went back to their common rooms, the sixths and seventh years headed into a large classroom.

The classroom had been turned into something that looked like a lounge. There were no desks or chairs or chalkboards. Instead there were couches and tables with butterbeer and candy. The lights were dimmed, and music from the WWN played in the background.

The students entered the room and immediately broke off into groups of people. They grabbed couches and food, and some even danced.

Harry and Hermione found a couch in the corner, claimed it theirs, and started snogging. Ginny and Dean went over to a group of Ginny’s friends and started talking with them. Ron and Luna sat down on an empty couch at the opposite end of the room from Harry and Hermione.

Ron looked at them disgusted.

Luna, noticing this, quietly said, “You used to fancy her, didn’t you?”

Ron just shrugged. “Yes and no, I guess. As soon as I found out Harry liked her, I knew there’d never be a chance for me. Anyone would pick The Boy Who Lived over is stupid friend any day.”

“I wouldn’t,” Luna whispered.

Hermione ran her hands through Harry’s messy black hair. His lips were gentle on hers, and she could tell he was elsewhere. She pulled away. “Harry?” she asked. “What’s wrong?”

Harry, surprised by this question, said, “Nothing,” and reattached his lips to hers. A minute later her broke away again. “Do you want to go somewhere else? Somewhere more…private?”

Hermione grinned. “Okay,” she whispered. Harry pulled her up from the couch and they left the room.

“So really,” said Luna after taking a sip of butterbeer, “what’s the problem?”

“Problem? There’s no problem,” Ron lied.

Luna rolled her eyes. “Ron, I know you well enough by now to know that there is a problem. What is it?”

Ron sighed. “Fine. It’s just…oh never mind it’s stupid.”

“It can’t be that stupid if it’s bugging you this much.”

Ron glared at her before sighing again and saying, “Okay. Fine. It’s just that…ever since Harry and Hermione have started going out, I’ve barely seen or talked to them besides from classes, but even then they’re in their own little world. I’d just like to have my best friends back, that’s all.”

Luna nodded. “That’s perfectly understandable. Would you like me to talk to them or something?”

To her surprise, Ron nodded. “Yeah. That would be really great.”

“Okay,” Luna’s smile turned into a yawn. “I’m tired. I think I’ll leave and go back to my dorm…it’ll be nice and quiet for me to sleep with everyone else down here.”

“Okay, goodnight,” Ron said.

“Goodnight Ron,” Luna said. And then she kissed him on the cheek and danced out of the room.

Ron touched the spot where her lips had touched his skin and smiled slightly. Five minutes later and slightly dazed, he got up and left too.

Hermione pulled Harry inside her dorm and shut the door behind them. The lights still off, they made their way to her bed. Hermione took a deep breath, wrapped her arms around Harry’s neck and kissed him. He kissed her back, moving so that they were kneeling on the bed.

Hermione’s hands were slightly shaky as she unlocked her arms from around his neck. She slid her fingers down his shoulders and pulled off his robe. Then her hands found his tie, and she slipped it over his head, unlocking her lips from his for only a second. Then her shaky fingers found the buttons on his shirt. She fumbled with them as she tried to undo them.

Harry brought his lips to her collar bone and reached his hands around her to take off her robe. He heard her sigh as he trailed a line of kisses up her neck to the corner of her mouth before kissing her lips again. He pushed her back on the bed, sliding his hands a little ways up her shirt. She smoothed her hands over his chest under his now unbuttoned shirt. They rolled over so that Hermione could be on top.

Ron entered the heads’ common room. As he walked quietly across the floor, he heard Hermione giggle from her room. He glanced at her door, then shook his head and entered his own room. He lay down on his bed, still fully dressed, and, with thoughts of Luna skipping through is head, drifted of to a deep sleep.

The next day, November the first, was a Friday, and, as a treat to all students, classes were cancelled for that day. Everyone, especially the sixth and seventh years, were overjoyed by this fact.

Harry spent all day sprawled out on Hermione’s bed asleep. Someone had spiked the butterbeer last night, and they both had huge headaches. Hermione had gotten up and gotten some food from the kitchens for them, and on her way back, she ran into Luna.

“Hermione!” called Luna as she ran to catch up to her.

“Oh,” Hermione turned around and waited for the quirky girl to catch up before she said anything else. “Hey, Luna, what’s up?” she said groggily.

“Oh nothing, just wanted to talk to you about something. Are you okay?” she asked as an afterthought.

“Oh, yeah, fine. Someone spiked the butterbeer last night.”

Luna smiled and nodded. “I had a feeling that might happen. Good thing I didn’t drink much last night.”

“Lucky you,” Hermione grimaced.

“So anyways, what I wanted to talk to you about was Ron.”

Hermione looked at Luna more closely. “You have my permission to date him. See you,” she turned and started to walk away.

“That’s not what I mean,” Luna said giggling, grabbing Hermione’s arm and turning her around again. “Although I wouldn’t mind…” she added as an afterthought. She shook her head and cleared it of the fantasy she so much desired. “What I mean is, I’ve been talking to Ron a lot lately and he’s seemed a bit upset. Last night he told me it was because you and Harry had pretty much ignored him since you started dating, and he thinks he just lost his two best friends.”

“Oh,” Hermione looked down at her shoes.

“So, please, just talk to him. Both you and Harry. Just because you and Harry are dating now doesn’t mean you shouldn’t have time for anyone else. People are starting to think you’re too stuck up to do anything else. If you haven’t noticed, you’ve been missing your head girl patrol duties for the past few weeks.”

“I-I have?” Hermione asked, shocked.

“Mhm,” Luna nodded. “I definitely wouldn’t expect that from you, Hermione Granger.”

“I wouldn’t expect that from myself either,” Hermione whispered.

Luna smiled smugly and withdrew her hand from Hermione’s arm. “So you’ll talk to Ron? And start taking your duties seriously again?”

“Absolutely,” Hermione nodded. And with that, she bid Luna goodbye and went to join Harry again in her room.

When she got there Harry sitting on her bed, a glass of water in his hands. He turned to look at her when she entered, and gave her a weak smile.

“Hi,” she said, returning a weak smile to his. “Luna talked to me…about Ron,” she said, and then proceeded to tell Harry everything Luna had told her.

“I feel terrible,” Harry muttered when she had finished.

“Me too.”

“We should talk to him.”

Hermione nodded. “But tomorrow. I’m not feeling up to it today.” She kissed Harry quickly and then got under her covers and buried her head in her pillows and fell fast asleep. Harry joined her a few seconds later.

Additional A/N: I'm not going to be posting again until I get atleast 2 reviews from 2 different people...so please, R&R!!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 03:04 AM
simonrob123
standing over you

love it never thought of ron and luna together though

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 08:23 AM
simonrob123 is currently offline Click here to Send simonrob123 a Private Message Find more posts by simonrob123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Giggles
do you like the dark?

hahaha very gud even tho i have read it already, hahahaa
well this is 2 reviews
so......................
POST NOW DANGIT, laughing out loud

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 10:03 AM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

A/N: YAY! Two posts from two people! Now I can post the next chapter...let's try that again, shall we? Please review!

Chapter Six: An Unexpected Announcement

“Hi, Ron,” said Harry later that night as he poked his head into Ron’s room.

“Oh. Hey, Harry,” Ron said, looking up from a letter he was writing. He tried to smile but it looked more like a grimace.

“So…” Harry said, trying to start a conversation. “Quidditch practice tomorrow afternoon. Looking forward to that?”

“Sure.”

Harry sighed. “Look, Ron, I know I haven’t been the greatest friend since me and Hermione started going out.”

“You’re not kidding. You barely talk to me anymore. I thought when I gave you my idea for this whole plan thing that you would just get a girlfriend…I didn’t think you would drop me like that.”

“I’m really sorry Ron. Really. Hermione and I…well, we haven’t acted much like friends…it’s just…I — we — are really sorry.”

Ron decided that this would probably be the best sort of apology he’d get, so he took it, and said, “Okay. It’s good now.”

Harry smiled. “So anyways…you and Luna eh? Getting pretty close?”

Ron blushed a bit. “She’s not so loony when you get to know her. Well, I mean, she’s not completely normal, but she’s really nice to talk to.”

Harry nodded, understanding. “It’s good you’ve got someone like her.”

“Yeah. So…how’re things with Hermione?”

“Really great. I can’t believe I ever imagined myself with other girls like Cho Chang. Hermione is so much better.”

Ron laughed.

November grew colder with every passing day. Harry and Hermione grew closer, as did Ron and Luna and Ginny and Dean. Homework also became harder. Quidditch practices became tougher; Harry wanted to win the cup this year since it was his last. As November turned to December, Hogwarts was turned into a winter wonderland. It was so beautiful that Dumbledore thought, why not share this beauty with others? And with that, an announcement was made.

“May I have your attention please, students,” Dumbledore said one evening after the dessert was cleared from the tables. The students quickly quieted down, eager to hear what was about to be said. Dumbledore smiled. “I have a very special and exciting announcement. Yesterday, something terrible occurred.” Quizzical expressions replaced the ones of excitement on the faces of the students. How could something terrible be special and exciting?

Dumbledore continued, “A fire swept the halls of Salem School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Hogwarts’ sister school in North America, in the middle of the night. Everyone is safe, but the school is no more. Thus, I have been in contact with their headmistress, my cousin, Headmistress Kingman. We have decided that the students of Salem School will be coming here in one week to complete their studies until the school is rebuilt.”

Conversation and shouts of excitement suddenly broke out in the Great Hall. Dumbledore smiled and raised his hands, and the hall was quiet once again. “Therefore, I will need our Head Boy and Girl and the prefects to meet me outside the prefect meeting room after my announcements are finished.”

“There’s more?” whispered Hermione to Harry. He shrugged.

“This last announcement will be a treat, especially for all of our Quidditch players.” Dumbledore’s eyes sparkled. “This year, instead of playing games all year, each house Quidditch team will receive special training from one of four professional Quidditch teams, and then we will have a tournament at the end of the year.”

The Great Hall erupted in cheers, mostly from the Quidditch teams and Quidditch fans. Once everyone was quiet, Dumbledore went on.

“The four teams that will be joining us here at Hogwarts for the remainder of the year are: The Cudley Cannons,” Ron’s face lit up in happiness, “Puddlemere United, The Holyhead Harpies, and the Bulgarian Team.”

Hermione’s stomach flipped and her face paled as Dumbledore said these last words. Harry’s fists clenched.

“Quidditch captains, please join me up here to pick your teams.” Harry rose, as did the other captains, and walked up to where Dumbledore stood. He smiled at all of them and held out the bag to the Hufflepuff captain who stuck his hand in and pulled out a dark green stone. “Holyhead Harpies,” he said, and then moved over so that the Ravenclaw captain could choose.

She stuck her hand in and pulled out a navy blue stone; Puddlemere United. Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin captain stuck his hand in and pulled out a maroon stone. He grinned. “Bulgaria,” he said, and the Slytherin’s erupted in cheers, as did Ron.

There was only one team left, and Harry pulled out an orange stone. “The Chudley Cannons,” he said, and glanced at Ron who looked like he’d die of happiness.

“Well, there we have it!” cried Dumbledore happily. “The Quidditch teams will be arriving two days after the students of Salem arrive. And now, I ask that all prefects and heads meet me outside the prefect meeting room, and that everyone else goes and gets a good night’s sleep.”

Outside Dumbledore’s office, Hermione met up with an ecstatic looking Ron, along with the other prefects.

“Excited much?” Hermione laughed at Ron, who was bouncing on his toes. She shook her head, thinking he might not be able to get too much sleep that night. He nodded, his smile almost touching his eyes.

Just then, Dumbledore got there and opened the door for them and lead them inside.

The room was very plain. In the middle there was a long table with chairs down both sides for the prefects, the two at the very end for the heads. At the end by the head chairs was the chair for Dumbledore or McGonagall, whoever was running the meeting. Behind that was a blackboard with ideas for the year and possible Hogsmead trips scribbled on it. There were also bulletin boards around the room with notices and announcements and other things from past years.

Hermione took her seat at the end of the table across from Ron and beside Dumbledore and Brianna, another Gryffindor prefect who was also Ginny’s best friend in her year.

“So,” Dumbledore started as soon as everyone was settled. “I assume you all are very excited for Christmas, now that we have people coming.” His eyes sparkled as people nodded and laughed. Dumbledore smiled. “I will need you to plan a few things, such as the welcome feast when Salem arrives and then another one when the Quidditch teams arrive. I was also thinking of something to get people to get to know each other a bit…such as a winter dance.”

Everyone started to whisper to the person sitting next to him or her. Dumbledore cleared his throat, and everyone was quiet again. “I was thinking something wintery…but, it’s up to you. Just let me know when you’ve decided everything. Oh, and I think just fourth years and up, like the Yule Ball. You can maybe organize something smaller for the younger children, if you wish. And now, I’ll leave you with your Head Boy and Girl in charge.” Dumbledore winked at Ron and Hermione, and walked swiftly out of the room.

Ron glanced at Hermione, and she met his gaze. “Okay…” she said slowly, her eyes still on Ron. “Anyone have any ideas?”

Brianna spoke up from beside her. Brianna was a bubbly blonde who always had something to say about everything. “I was thinking, maybe we should do something wintery, like Dumbledore said. Something like, ice palacy. Sort of…winter fairy tail-ish.” She said, flipping her long blonde hair over her shoulder.

“I like that idea, Bri,” Hermione said. “Anyone have any objections?” Nobody said anything. “Okay, then our theme is Winter Fairy Tail Ice Palace,” she said, getting up. She waved her wand and cleared everything off of the board. They would need the whole thing now. She picked up the chalk and wrote the words on the board in big letters at the top. Then she said, “Okay, we’ll need to split into groups for things we’ll need like decorations, a band, food, invitations, stuff like that.”

Everyone was silent. Brianna rolled her eyes. “Hermione, not to be rude or anything, but maybe, since this theme was my idea I could help run it?”

Hermione sighed a sigh of relief that someone else was going to help take charge. Ron looked as lost as the shy Hufflepuff fifth year prefect.

“Great idea,” she said, and Brianna smiled and hopped up to join Hermione at the front.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 01:39 PM
Emmy-xo
Emzilbooger

A/N: This chapter is too long to post at once, so here's the second part. Enjoy!

“Okay. So, let’s start with bands. I was thinking the Weird Sisters…I know they were here for the Yule Ball, and that they were awesome, so it’d be really cool to get them again. Who wants to be in charge of that?” she said as Hermione wrote ‘Band’ and underneath it, ‘Weird Sisters’ on the board. A Slytherin sixth year raised his hand. “Brianna pointed at him. “Okay, since there are a lot of up we’ll go with our prefect partners. So Blake, you and Ebony will be in charge of getting the band.” Hermione wrote their names on the board underneath ‘Weird Sisters’.

“Next we’re going to need invitations. I think four people should do that, since there’s going to be a lot.” Everyone looked to his or her partner. Finally it was confirmed that the Ravenclaws (both fifth and sixth year prefects) would be doing that.

“Food,” Brianna said simply, and decided on the Hufflepuff and Slytherin fifth years. Then she went on to “Decorations. I think that’ll be everyone else, since it’s a big job.” She sighed and looked at the board. “Okay. I think that should be everything. I guess Ron, Hermione and I will be here if you need any help or have questions,” she glanced sideways at Hermione, who nodded and though, she’ll make a good head girl next year, and then continued, “And we’ll also be doing the decorations and giving you our ideas and such. And if anyone else has ideas, then feel free to share.”

“Is that all?” Hermione asked when she had finished. Brianna grinned and nodded. “Okay then, dismissed. Ravenclaws, I want a sample of your invite by next Friday before curfew. Slytherin sixth years, please try and book the band A.S.A.P., and if you cant get the Weird Sisters, then go for the next best band. Hufflepuff and Slytherin fifth years, I want a list of food by next Friday before curfew. And everyone else doing decorations, we’ll meet here next Friday after supper to discuss ideas and such.” She took a deep breath. “Okay, everyone, you can go now.”

Harry sat on his bed in his dormitory, thinking. So much had just happened. A new school was going to be staying here the rest of the year? The Chudley Cannons were going to be coaching his Quidditch team? Viktor Krum was going to be here?

Harry groaned with the last thought and laid back, his head hitting the pillows. Viktor Krum was Hermione’s old…boyfriend? He wasn’t sure how far they’d gotten, or if it had just been a sort of…fling. He knew they had kept in touch, but writing letters was different than talking to each other face-to-face.

He knew he would pummel Krum if he made any kind of move with Hermione. Or, at least he’d try to…he wasn’t sure how well he’d succeed…Krum was HUGE.

And why did he have to pick the Chudley Cannons to coach their team? He wanted to win, didn’t he? And the Chudley Cannons were notoriously known for losing. So what if they were Ron’s favourite? Harry wanted to win!

And what if Hermione met some really smart, handsome guy from Salem? Or Viktor Krum? What if she ditched Harry for him? Harry didn’t want to think of that happening. He knew she wouldn’t. Or would she?

Speak of the devil…

“Hey,” Hermione poked her head in the door.

Harry grinned. Sort of. “Hey,” he muttered.

“What’s wrong?” Hermione said, making her way over to Harry.

“What? Oh, nothing.” He moved over, making room for her on his bed and she lay down beside him.

There were a few minutes of silence. Then Hermione said, “Harry, you know there’s nothing going on between Viktor and I. I’m with you now. I love you, and you know that.”

Harry sighed. He knew she’d figure it out. “It’s just…he’s older, he’s a professional Quidditch player, not to mention he better looking—”

“Harry! I can’t believe you’d say that! No one is better looking in my eyes than you!”

Harry blushed slightly. “Okay. I guess you’re right. I’m over reacting.”

“I’m always right Harry.”

Harry grinned. “So I’m never right?”

“Nope.”

“Not even some of the time?”

“Nope. Never.”

“Ouch. Way to bruise my ego.”

“Aw. I’m sorry. Shall I kiss it better?”

“Yes, please.”

R&R!!

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 01:40 PM
Giggles
do you like the dark?

omg plz post soon,
I HAVE AN IDEA, lets make a deal:
If I post then you post alrite.....just for today

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2007 01:48 PM