KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Transformers the Game (PS2/PS3/360/Wii}

Transformers the Game (PS2/PS3/360/Wii}
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Transformers the Game (PS2/PS3/360/Wii}

The game is going to be released on the 26th, I'm goin' for the PS3 version. When asked by a gaming mag how the game will turn out, the producer marely stated: "It doesn't suck".

With fully destructive environment, the chance to play as either Autobots or Decepticons, G1 skins for most characters including Optimus Prime, this game seems like it's going to be pretty kick ass.

Now, I'm not sure about this yet, but I've heard the 360 will recieve a Cybertronian Edition. No idea what this is, and also Target is apparently having a promotion with the game.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 09:10 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

played it last night it's a lot of fun, transforming from helicoper to robot and back again it's pretty cool. the camera angle could of been a little further back but still it's great.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2007 11:39 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I'll be getting the PS3 version. I hope it's fun to play as Decepticons and enslave Earth.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 12:35 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthmaul1
played it last night it's a lot of fun, transforming from helicoper to robot and back again it's pretty cool. the camera angle could of been a little further back but still it's great.

Which version do you have? I wonder how the Wii will control? I'd think it would be fun to drive around using the Wiimote.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 01:29 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

I got it for the 360 it's pretty fun, but while it does tend to get repetitive I just think to myself I'm a ****ing transforming robot, and then I love the game again. Some things in it are pretty challenging though, like right now (I guess this could be considered a spoiler so whatever) [SPOILER - highlight to read]: I'm stuck in one of Jazz's missions where you have to fight starscream and blackout, it's like one wave after another, first you fight starscream, then blackout, then a starscream look alike, then Starscream and Blackout together. While it's fun it's hard and the G1 skins from what I've seen look awesome.
here's a picture someone put of Optimus on Gamespot for G1 skin.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 04:17 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

You'll be able to play with the movie skins and the G1 skins?

eek!

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 10:28 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Impediment

eek!

Yeah but it's only for Optimus, Megatron, Starscream, and Jazz. Plus there are two extra levels at Cybertron.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 10:36 AM
General_Iroh is currently offline Click here to Send General_Iroh a Private Message Find more posts by General_Iroh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 04:24 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I want to play this game but I'm going to wait till I watch the Movie.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 05:33 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Newjak
I want to play this game but I'm going to wait till I watch the Movie.

Why? If it's because you don't want to know the end well c'mon it's kind of obvious how it'll end.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 05:52 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Menetnashté
Why? If it's because you don't want to know the end well c'mon it's kind of obvious how it'll end.
I know but I like to feel somewhat surprised and I only have to wait a week. I'm patient. stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 28th, 2007 06:11 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Impediment

eek!

Yeah!

Old Post Jun 29th, 2007 11:19 PM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i read a review on ign that said this game dissapoints and whatnot on the ps3 n 360 version, but i was actually looking forward to checkin out this game cuz the wats her face megan fox or w/e her name is in the movie genuinely sounded like she really loves this game and sounded like she was not just merely promoting it. but i have doubts now

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 12:33 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

It's still a movie franchise game which was somewhat rushed because of the movie, but I bought the Armada game for PS2 way back when and the game wasn't that good, but most people are buying this game for the TF factor. Much like everyone would buy any Star Wars game, I mean come on, Super Bombad Racing?! F*ck that! I'm checkin' out the game, regardless if it sucks or not. The G1 skins also help sell it on me.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 12:44 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Re: Transformers the Game (PS2/PS3/360/Wii}

Originally posted by Scythe

Now, I'm not sure about this yet, but I've heard the 360 will recieve a Cybertronian Edition. No idea what this is, and also Target is apparently having a promotion with the game.

quote:
GameStop/EB Games is selling an exclusive Transformers: The Game Cybertron Edition for the Xbox 360. This Collector's Edition contains an exclusive in-game Cybertron level, an exclusive making of the game DVD, an exclusive Transformers comic book by Simon Furman, and an exclusive Cybertron Edition box art.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 07:22 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Originally posted by Scythe
It's still a movie franchise game which was somewhat rushed because of the movie, but I bought the Armada game for PS2 way back when and the game wasn't that good, but most people are buying this game for the TF factor. Much like everyone would buy any Star Wars game, I mean come on, Super Bombad Racing?! F*ck that! I'm checkin' out the game, regardless if it sucks or not. The G1 skins also help sell it on me.

Megatron's G1 skin looks friggin' awesome in the game.
Originally posted by xNIXSONx
i read a review on ign that said this game dissapoints and whatnot on the ps3 n 360 version, but i was actually looking forward to checkin out this game cuz the wats her face megan fox or w/e her name is in the movie genuinely sounded like she really loves this game and sounded like she was not just merely promoting it. but i have doubts now

If you're not a Transformers fan you probably won't like it because it's like a lot of movie video games, it's rushed. So there's one difficulty(hard),and one way or another it seems too short. Here's pros and cons I wrote for it in my gamespot Review

Pros: Giant robots, some fun boss battles, destructible city, pick up poles and cars to use as weapons, Powerful guns, Awesome transformations from flying a jet at 200 mph, to driving a camaro at 90 mph, awesome cutscenes, excellent voice acting.

Cons: The secret characters are G1 characters though it appeals to fans not so much people who aren't fans, fighting can become repetitive, the game can become increasingly stressful at hard points in the game because it can require some level of strategy, free roam isn't all it should be, You're almost always being attacked by military tanks and copters so you can't get a break, they didn't perfect the driving system so there are no stop lights and everyone drives like a maniac(which is semi realistic)

I like it but I wouldn't recommend it to someone who isn't a transformers fan

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 11:02 AM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

definately a fan, i just wanna have my money go to a game that has a lot of replay value

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 07:51 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General_Iroh
White Guy

Yeah...some games have no replay value at all, like Oblivion, it was long as hell but once you were done, you didn't want to see another castle for as long as you lived, or until the expansion...

Old Post Jun 30th, 2007 08:02 PM
Scythe
The Goat

This games seems to have no replay value, but like I said, I'm a fan.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2007 12:55 AM
Scythe
The Goat

So I just bought the PS3 version of the TF game. It's quite fun. The action keeps it steady by having you play as every TF from the movie. The difficulty on it is already preloaded at normal, or 'hard' for us, but other then that, it's a pretty good solid game that looks very good, and plays well due to the fact that it's a movie game.

Also, did you guys get that code in the back that says GEN1 and unlocks G1 skins? Where the hell do you enter that code?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2007 11:35 PM