KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Why didnīt they...

Why didnīt they...
Started by: Bicnarok

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Why didnīt they...

....kill Megatron when he was frozen. It would have been easy and saved a lot of hassle.

Old Post Sep 25th, 2007 08:30 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Because if im not mistaken he was the supposed reason for Earths technological advancements. Apparently they learned a great deal from studying him.

By: Juk

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 03:17 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

I don't remember that much from the film.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 04:46 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

from what i can recall, nimbus was right. from miniaturization to microwave ovens... it all came from NBE-1.

plus, didn't the guy form S7 say he wasn't a threat until everybody else came to earth? no threat, no kill...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2007 07:13 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nimbus006
Because if im not mistaken he was the supposed reason for Earths technological advancements. Apparently they learned a great deal from studying him.

Which really pisses me off. It's like saying 'Hey guy's , we're just a bunch of knuckle dragging apes without your help ! '.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 01:56 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by grey fox
Which really pisses me off. It's like saying 'Hey guy's , we're just a bunch of knuckle dragging apes without your help ! '.

Yes; we are. big grin

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 30th, 2007 07:34 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

but less hairy, of course...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2007 07:03 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Plus, the big reason why humans were able to take down transformers was supposed to be because of the invention of the sabot round, which in-movie was supposed to be a recent thing.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Oct 4th, 2007 10:42 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Where'd the sabot thing come from? Megs?

Old Post Oct 8th, 2007 11:09 PM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Re: Why didnīt they...

Originally posted by Bicnarok
....kill Megatron when he was frozen. It would have been easy and saved a lot of hassle.

Then there would not be sequels made and a lot of fans would've been very disappointed after the first movie.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 11th, 2007 11:17 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah man, there has to be a plot still.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2007 08:12 AM
Apathyman

Smile

If they did do the Dinobots..They could keep the original story from the cartoon. The Dinobots crashed on earth 65 million years ago. Seeing as the dominant lifeform at the time were dinosaurs, thats the form they took.

Then have whatever event happened to bring the dinosaurs to extinction incapacitated the dinobots until revived in the sequels.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 07:52 PM
Apathyman is currently offline Click here to Send Apathyman a Private Message Find more posts by Apathyman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Dinobots should be in skeletal form. Sweet.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2007 10:40 PM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

But as far as plot goes, they could just start where they left off--displacement from Cybertron and relocation to a world filled with untapped resources and potential--and very little to offer in the way of opposition or resistance.
The arrival of individual Autobot and Decepticon refugees presents many options to propel the story, either in its current original storyline form, or in the direction suggested by traditional continuity which may help to bring the live-action version into the good graces of the many long-time fans who were angered by the creative liberties taken in the first film.
It certainly has potential.

And as far as killing Megatron is concerned, just disassembling him while frozen doesn't necessarily mean he'd be dead. I don't think that the Hoover Administration would have had the resources, weaponry, or the BALLS to try to dissect such a technological marvel.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 02:58 PM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

If the current TF's on earth are going to stay there, what will they eat? I mean like, wil Energon Cubes come into play? I think so.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2007 07:12 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Scythe
If the current TF's on earth are going to stay there, what will they eat? I mean like, wil Energon Cubes come into play? I think so.

Apparently movie canon states that Energon is in fact the radiation given off by the all-spark.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 02:17 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

So without the Allspark, how will they continue to live? How the hell are the Autobots on earth going to repair and nourish themselves?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2007 11:35 PM
badsymbiote
AMERICA EATS ITS YOUNG

They would rely on Earth's resources of course, silly! I assume you've seen the first season of the original series. Originally it was the Decepticons who first introduced energon cubes--the Autobots hadn't even heard of them at the time.
The Decepticons used many of Earth's natural resources for the production of the cubes. Hydro-electric power, jet fuel, even "the ruby crystals of Burma", though even as a kid I was never able to figure out how they derived power from crystals merely by compressing them.
Energon's an easy thing to get past.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 06:27 AM
badsymbiote is currently offline Click here to Send badsymbiote a Private Message Find more posts by badsymbiote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by badsymbiote
They would rely on Earth's resources of course, silly! I assume you've seen the first season of the original series. Originally it was the Decepticons who first introduced energon cubes--the Autobots hadn't even heard of them at the time.
The Decepticons used many of Earth's natural resources for the production of the cubes. Hydro-electric power, jet fuel, even "the ruby crystals of Burma", though even as a kid I was never able to figure out how they derived power from crystals merely by compressing them.
Energon's an easy thing to get past.

Yeah, I remember from G1, but the movie TF's seemed way too human like, what with Bumblebee urinating on that one dude, for all we know they probably need Cybertron-Wheaties. I don't know. I'm just trying to watch how hilarious the outcome of thier nourishment shall be.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 02:16 PM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yep....Its like the bullets and missles they shoot in this movie....
Where are they getting them...?
Probably not K-mart since Michael Moore's movie.

Are they parts of the TF themselves...? If so that'd be silly as they'd probably deplete like half their mass after a good sustained battle.
TFs shooting bullets is just dumb, imo.

Just another example of Bay not knowing where the sci-fi and the reality cross well.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Oct 23rd, 2007 at 03:04 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2007 03:00 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote