KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » Any of you guys tired of repaints?

Any of you guys tired of repaints?
Started by: Scythe

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scythe
The Goat

Any of you guys tired of repaints?

Honestly, we all love the obvious Ultra Magnus repaints of Optimus Prime, it's what he's supposed to be, a repaint with the general armor and whatnot, and who can forget the repaints in black to portray Black Convoy/Nemesis Prime/Scourge? They look sweet, but what about those other characters that just don't need a damn repaint. I'm not exactly a hardcore toy collector but a friend of mine was showing me his massive collection and the guy has like three different Prowls from RiD with a slight color difference. Wtf? Who's to spend money on these besides the aforementioned hardcore collector? Most repaints even run higher than the actual toy itself.

So I ask you, who's had it with repaints? What's the stupidest repaint you know of? Do you even own any repaints?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 05:18 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Most of the G2 repaints of G1 characters were the silliest of the old school. But character changed repaints wise, the 1st blatant repaints that I remember sticking out as such were in 1986 when they did the mini autobot repaints/remolds.

Cliffjumper and Bumblebee were slightly remolded/recoloured to be Hubcap, Brawn was redone as Outback, Windcharger as Tailgate etc.

Those were the 1st cynical feeling repaints, for me...

Whether it be Starscream-Skywarp-Thundercracker-Thrust-Ramjet-Dirge, Rumble-Frenzy, Buzzsaw-Laserbeak, Prime-Magnus or whatever, the repaints have been in from the beginning. And the last lot I just mentioned were and always will be cool with me.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Feb 23rd, 2008 at 08:54 AM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2008 08:49 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Yeah, G1 repaints were still repainted, yet slightly different, nowadays things are just out of hand. How many Ransack(Cybertron) repaints do we need?!

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 07:26 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

This is but one reason Im not really into the stuff subsequent to G1.
Cynicism and soulessness dripping from a lot of the design's every pore.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2008 11:54 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i actually like repaints. i did them when i was a child with coloring books. i was the bane of color-by-numbers. it's like seeing them in different costumes. like elseworlds tranformers.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2008 07:43 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
This is but one reason Im not really into the stuff subsequent to G1.
Cynicism and soulessness dripping from a lot of the design's every pore.

Yes indeed.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 10:59 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Rumble is blue.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:15 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

In the cartoon, sure.

Frenzy and Rumble got mixed up somewhere between toy/comics and the making of the cartoon.

Rumble is actually the red/black one. smile

I got mine with Ravage in the eighties.

Frenzy was sold in a double pack with Lazerbeak.
(I didn't have those back in the day, but I did get Soundwave with Buzzsaw though.)

The reissue soundwave I got in recently came with Lazerbeak and Ravage. So Frenzy has still eluded me....

Last edited by Sadako of Girth on Mar 4th, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Old Post Mar 4th, 2008 11:49 AM
Scythe
The Goat

Classics Prime is getting a Black convoy repaint for the San Diego convention.

Movie Bumblebee is getting a black and yellow repaint called Stealth Bumblebee.

Oh my.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 09:03 AM
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Oh dear.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2008 12:05 PM
Scythe
The Goat

I'm actually a sucker for Nemesis Prime repaints...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2008 02:17 PM
vandalworks

i've been extremely tempted to actually paint a transformer myself. maybe give the original optimus some flames on the cab. i'm sure it'd look 'cool'.

seriously tho i have given it some thought, primes trailer would look awesome with graffiti, and the alternaters(only decent toy in years apart from the masterpieces) would also look cool i think.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2009 02:25 AM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

That would be pretty cool.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2009 04:30 AM
bloodsugar08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Can i have more info on this ?

Regards

Martin

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:11 AM
bloodsugar08 is currently offline Click here to Send bloodsugar08 a Private Message Find more posts by bloodsugar08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote