KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Transformers » First Movie Megatron!

First Movie Megatron!
Started by: CadoAngelus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

First Movie Megatron!

Right, I'm watching the film being a Transformers fan and they have made my favourite transformer: Megatron. Now, i distinctly remember Megatron transforming into a Gun for Starscream or one of the other Desepticons to fire...

fair enough that they've retconned it to appeal to a bigger audience and to apply it to "What-If Real Life", but i'm upset, because instead of the Gun i remember Megatron transforms into an Alien Fighter Jet AND a Canon. Now, don't get me wrong that it was ****ing awesome, but i also remember Galvatron transforming into a Canon...

edit: why did they do that?

anyone else?

CadoAngelus - Savior, Conqueror, Hero, Villain.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:38 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah the cannon thing makes me wonder if this time round this is a nod to Galvatron incarnation*.
But if you're looking for G1 content in this run of movies, like most original fans, then as far as Bay is concerned, we can all fu*k off, sadly.

Oh well.

"There are always the G1 dvds, but f**k Bay for denying us a chance to see a live action version with the characters we loved rather than these poorly written substitutes" is my mantra. stick out tongue

(*Hence maybe rumours of Leonard Nimoy doing the voice of "The fallen"?)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 03:44 PM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yeah the cannon thing makes me wonder if this time round this is a nod to Galvatron incarnation*.
But if you're looking for G1 content in this run of movies, like most original fans, then as far as Bay is concerned, we can all fu*k off, sadly.

Oh well.

"There are always the G1 dvds, but f**k Bay for denying us a chance to see a live action version with the characters we loved rather than these poorly written substitutes" is my mantra. stick out tongue

(*Hence maybe rumours of Leonard Nimoy doing the voice of "The fallen"?)

Perhaps, in my angre and fury, ive overlooked the fact there's a second movie coming out, and that Bay could...could...redeem himself with a Galvatron regeneration...maybe, ive got high hopes

then again, starscreams rein could redeem him anyway, because i always found that starscream was not far off Megatron fantasticness...i just love the Decepticons (spelt it right that time lol)

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2009 04:28 PM
CadoAngelus is currently offline Click here to Send CadoAngelus a Private Message Find more posts by CadoAngelus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

Yeah gotta love the Starscream. (Although this movie version pales, characterwise compared to the SS we know from canon, so far.
I, like you, hope that more can be done in the sequel.)

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Apr 4th, 2009 10:08 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cost Mic.
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is Megatron dead?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 05:38 AM
Cost Mic. is currently offline Click here to Send Cost Mic. a Private Message Find more posts by Cost Mic. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scythe
The Goat

Originally posted by Cost Mic.
Is Megatron dead?

Course not, he's in the sequel.

Old Post Apr 13th, 2009 05:44 AM
Scythe is currently offline Click here to Send Scythe a Private Message Find more posts by Scythe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
(spelt it right that time lol)

Got to love the irony stick out tongue

By: Juk

Old Post Apr 15th, 2009 05:15 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadoAngelus
Zanpakuto

Originally posted by Scythe
Course not, he's in the sequel.

GALVATRON!!!!

i hope stick out tongue

Last edited by CadoAngelus on Apr 16th, 2009 at 11:31 AM

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 11:21 AM
vandalworks

bay WAS quoted as saying megatroin wont be in it... but it has seemed since that he will be.

starscreams cool but i never wanted him to be the leader, he worked better as the doublecrosser to megatron. they may have the fallen take charge.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 11:27 AM
vandalworks is currently offline Click here to Send vandalworks a Private Message Find more posts by vandalworks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Originally posted by CadoAngelus
GALVATRON!!!!

i hope stick out tongue

The revived Megatron will still be called Megatron to avoid confusion with the general viewers.

Also, the new big boss will be The Fallen (obviously).

Old Post Apr 16th, 2009 12:16 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bloodsugar08
Restricted

Account Restricted

I needed this info thanks mate

Regards

Tom

Old Post Apr 24th, 2009 09:11 AM
bloodsugar08 is currently offline Click here to Send bloodsugar08 a Private Message Find more posts by bloodsugar08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote