KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Saddest comic book deaths ever.

Saddest comic book deaths ever.
Started by: Ming Tea!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saddest comic book deaths ever.

Just throw your idea of the saddest comic books deaths ever. Mine would have to be Superman's and Colossus'.

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 06:11 PM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Jason Todd. No kid should have to go out like that.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 06:13 PM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by David Duchovony
Just throw your idea of the saddest comic books deaths ever. Mine would have to be Superman's and Colossus'.

those and psylockes...

and hawkeye...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 06:28 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

captain marvel.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 08:43 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rox

magneto death, i was like ouch when i heard about it(decapataed by wolvie)

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 09:08 PM
rox is currently offline Click here to Send rox a Private Message Find more posts by rox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

Eddie brock and carnage....

i mean, eddie makes sense, it was just really depressing... he finally does the right thing, and it blows up in his face...

and carnage... after all carnage had been through, to be taken out like that... its just soo soo sad... he deserved a much more climactic end, rather than a 3 panel fight he didnt stand a chance in...

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 09:12 PM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

That's because Bendis can't write death scenes. Hawkeye's death was sad in a roundabout way. It was sad that it was so ****ing stupid and retarded.

Carnage's death was fine. It was senseless, brutal and gory. Just like Carnage's life had been.

Mar-Vell's was also very sad. He died of cancer. The noblest, greatest, most decorated hero in the galaxy was laid low by a disease.

Iron Fist's death years ago in his own title before they ressurrected him was a very sad. It was tragic, violent and needless, which was the point. Death, violent death, such as in times of war, is always needless. It made many fans angry, and still does to this day, which speaks to the depth of it. Kudos to Priest.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 09:56 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Eddie Brock
Gwen Stacy
Ben Reilly

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 10:30 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz

yeah, but carnage's was so short.... you'd think that after all the "maximum carnage" and "venom vs carnage" and all the other carnage self-titles, they would have given him a little more of something... or AT LEAST a death at the hands of venom, toxin, or spider-man!

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 11:11 PM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marcellus
executioner

Carnage death is a toss up, sure Carnage going out in a few seconds does make sense he is a chaotic bastard, I think it Sentry would have aced him like that knowing how sick and twisted he is. whats bullsh!t is the fact Carnage as deadly as he is couldnt kill one of them before he himself died, sure it would have ruined the line up but C'mon

he's freakin Carnage! vs an unarmed DareDevil, Luke Cage and Spiderwoman!? he coulda sneezed and killed foggy!

Venom............Or Eddie Brock is awful but fit's Brock a very tragic character

esspecially these last few years, attempted suicide,his wife, cancer maybe the event's with toxin to some extent.

yeah thats awful,Eddie commited suicide for crying out loud. kinda hard to take in

we still have a Scorpion/Venom tho whopee (sarcasm)

Old Post Apr 16th, 2005 11:42 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Burger
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rorschach's death in "The Watchmen".

Made me really sad to see this great and
noble character go like this. The only one
in that comic who didn't deserve to
die.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 12:06 AM
King Burger is currently offline Click here to Send King Burger a Private Message Find more posts by King Burger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Noone else thought Jason's death was sad?

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 12:16 AM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ming Tea!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I did. It was far too gruesome for a 1986 comic book. Yikes!!!

If you've got a daddy issue, here's a daddy tissue mate.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 12:32 AM
Ming Tea! is currently offline Click here to Send Ming Tea! a Private Message Find more posts by Ming Tea! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

If Jason really is back in the newest Batman comic, I hope he wails on Joker and kills him twice as gruesome.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 12:45 AM
Kontraz

Originally posted by VENOMfan
Carnage death is a toss up, sure Carnage going out in a few seconds does make sense he is a chaotic bastard, I think it Sentry would have aced him like that knowing how sick and twisted he is. whats bullsh!t is the fact Carnage as deadly as he is couldnt kill one of them before he himself died, sure it would have ruined the line up but C'mon

he's freakin Carnage! vs an unarmed DareDevil, Luke Cage and Spiderwoman!? he coulda sneezed and killed foggy!

Venom............Or Eddie Brock is awful but fit's Brock a very tragic character

esspecially these last few years, attempted suicide,his wife, cancer maybe the event's with toxin to some extent.

yeah thats awful,Eddie commited suicide for crying out loud. kinda hard to take in

we still have a Scorpion/Venom tho whopee (sarcasm)

whats even worse about all the venom stuff... the writer decides to kill eddie, and give the suit to scorp, then he hi-tails it off that comic, leaving a little sticky note for the next writer that reads "heh...screwed you, didn't i?"

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 12:51 AM
Marcellus
executioner

yeah basiccly he wanted to say, Mac is the new Venom deal with it, I might write somthing about him soon but the character is completley differnt now too bad if ya liked him.

crimminy Wolverine is in what five differnt series now? he isnt over exposed but sure enuf those Symbiotes are waaaaaaay out control

better kill em

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 01:04 AM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Flash
Faster Than You

Originally posted by Arsenal
If Jason really is back in the newest Batman comic, I hope he wails on Joker and kills him twice as gruesome.
He already beat the shit out of Joker and asked him how it felt.smile

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 02:12 AM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Originally posted by The Flash
He already beat the shit out of Joker and asked him how it felt.smile

Sweet.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 03:07 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:
whats even worse about all the venom stuff... the writer decides to kill eddie, and give the suit to scorp, then he hi-tails it off that comic, leaving a little sticky note for the next writer that reads "heh...screwed you, didn't i?"

Not really. Millar told his story and left. Sure, he had a couple loose ends, but he didn't leave them blatantly hanging out. I can't remember, but didn't Gargan go to prison at the end of that story? Or he at least absconded into the night. Yeah, there are possible future stories there, but nothing rudely demanding to be told. Enough of the mess was cleaned up to allow Hudlin to do whatever he wants. Millar's run was only slated for 12 issues anyways, he didn't create a mess and leave, he had one big story he wanted to tell, he told it, and was done.

quote:
yeah, but carnage's was so short.... you'd think that after all the "maximum carnage" and "venom vs carnage" and all the other carnage self-titles, they would have given him a little more of something... or AT LEAST a death at the hands of venom, toxin, or spider-man!

And you'd have thought that Avenger's as tenured as Hawkeye and the Vision would have been treated with a modicum of respect. Go figure.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 03:52 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Not really. Millar told his story and left. Sure, he had a couple loose ends, but he didn't leave them blatantly hanging out. I can't remember, but didn't Gargan go to prison at the end of that story? Or he at least absconded into the night. Yeah, there are possible future stories there, but nothing rudely demanding to be told. Enough of the mess was cleaned up to allow Hudlin to do whatever he wants. Millar's run was only slated for 12 issues anyways, he didn't create a mess and leave, he had one big story he wanted to tell, he told it, and was done.

yeah, but it still just felt like he only dropped by to screw with spidey's life, then leave... lol

Originally posted by ScarletSpider

And you'd have thought that Avenger's as tenured as Hawkeye and the Vision would have been treated with a modicum of respect. Go figure.

yeah, but they still died in avengers comics. I mean, carnage at least should have died in a spidey comic or something.... and when was he sent to prison??? Last comic he was in was venom vs carnage (which is amazingly in continuity with new avengers) and he was never sent to prison in that. Plus, he should have at least died at the hands of spidey, venom, or toxin

Old Post Apr 17th, 2005 06:46 AM