KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Which DC characters could pick up Thor's hammer

Which DC characters could pick up Thor's hammer
Started by: mdbull73

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
mdbull73
ordinary member

Which DC characters could pick up Thor's hammer

I was wondering:

Which DC characters are worthy enough to wield Mjolnir, Thor's hammer?

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:38 PM
mdbull73 is currently offline Click here to Send mdbull73 a Private Message Find more posts by mdbull73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
markolin

Wonder Woman.She did in the marvel/dc crossovers,and I thought it was very logical.
Others dont come to mind.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:45 PM
markolin is currently offline Click here to Send markolin a Private Message Find more posts by markolin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

These are just some of the people that i think could pick it up. If u disagree with any of them, please say why.

Kyle Rayner - he gave up ultimate power (ION) for the good of the world.

Hal Jordan - he has done it all, and in my opinion is the most honorable being in DC.

Superman - he has shown on numerous occasions to be as honorable as just about anyone in DC.

John Stewart - the guy sacrificed himself to save just one woman and child, and that sacrifice got him paralyzed from the waist down.

Batman - after coming back, even when partially handicapped, in Kingdom Come, i think he has enough honor and respect to lift it.

Darkseid - he put away his pride to actually go to Superman and ASK for help with Doomsday in Hunter/ Prey. That oughta count for something.

Captain Marvel (Shazam) - Just read the end of Kingdom Come.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:46 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

captain marvel
every Gl except Guy Gardner(not noble enuff)
and of course there is arguably no one more noble and boy scouty like superman

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:47 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mdbull73
ordinary member

Batman is pretty suspect. Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm no DC expert guys), but I imagine that Batman has intentionally killed in the past.

Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 08:54 PM
mdbull73 is currently offline Click here to Send mdbull73 a Private Message Find more posts by mdbull73 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
markolin

It is not only being noble.It is also the warrior spirit.Only WW has both.
Superman and Kyle do not have a warrior heart,they fight because they must,they are heroes,but it is not in their blood.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:06 PM
markolin is currently offline Click here to Send markolin a Private Message Find more posts by markolin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by armandovalles
Darkseid - he put away his pride to actually go to Superman and ASK for help with Doomsday in Hunter/ Prey. That oughta count for something.

Darkseid lifting Mjolnir ? That'll be the day.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:12 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude i didnt mean he could lift mjolnir, i just said he has a better chance of doing so than other evil characters.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:15 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro

true you need to hve a warriors spirit but a noble heart is paramount to anything else

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:25 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by manjaro
and of course there is arguably no one more noble and boy scouty like superman

you need more than nobility... you need to be able to do whatever it takes to protect the innocent, completely honest (no secret Identities.... by choice anyway) selfless (which most heroes are)

very few Marvel or DC heroes completely fit the bill

i suppose the DC version of Thor should be able to lift Marvel Thor's hammer..... but you'll never know unless he tries

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:46 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Originally posted by armandovalles
These are just some of the people that i think could pick it up. If u disagree with any of them, please say why.

Kyle Rayner - he gave up ultimate power (ION) for the good of the world.<---Yes

Hal Jordan - he has done it all, and in my opinion is the most honorable being in DC.<---No.He destroyed a universe to rebuild a city, it's not a honorable fact.

Superman - he has shown on numerous occasions to be as honorable as just about anyone in DC.<---He's not worthy of Mjolnir, he wasn't able to lift it at the end of AVENGERS/JLA, he did it cause Thor let him doing it, it's a special enchantment of the hammer.

John Stewart - the guy sacrificed himself to save just one woman and child, and that sacrifice got him paralyzed from the waist down.<---He also fought for justice as a GL and a DS risking his life for hundred occasions, being a hero is his life.

Batman - after coming back, even when partially handicapped, in Kingdom Come, i think he has enough honor and respect to lift it.<---He'll never lift it, a paranoid who don't trust in nothing except for himself, he has always doubts and suspects on everyone, he's at the limit between hero and anti-hero criminal like the Punisher.

Darkseid - he put away his pride to actually go to Superman and ASK for help with Doomsday in Hunter/ Prey. That oughta count for something.<---A tyrant that is a threat to the Universe and has fought majority of D.C. Heroes who DIDN'T ask help to Supes, Desak search for the help of Orion and other Earth heroes, and Desak after being healed from the Mother Box, told Supes Doomsday comes from Earth so it's a problem Supes must solve.

Captain Marvel (Shazam) - Just read the end of Kingdom Come. <---He can.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:48 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro

ok lets put it this way, ppl who have already lifted it Odin, Wonder Woman, Beta ray Bill, Captain America, And superman in the JLa/Avengers cross over some guy named drago

Old Post May 20th, 2005 09:56 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by manjaro
ok lets put it this way, ppl who have already lifted it Odin, Wonder Woman, Beta ray Bill, Captain America, And superman in the JLa/Avengers cross over some guy named drago

Yup and bats definately

Batman - after coming back, even when partially handicapped, in Kingdom Come, i think he has enough honor and respect to lift it.<---He'll never lift it, a paranoid who don't trust in nothing except for himself, he has always doubts and suspects on everyone, he's at the limit between hero and anti-hero criminal like the Punisher.

Captain Marvel without a doubt

Captain Marvel (Shazam) - Just read the end of Kingdom Come. <---He can.

Martian Manhunter could as well Jonn is a very noble being

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:04 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Batman is too deceitful
Captain Marvel isn't willing to kill
MM....?.... don't know a huge amount about him.... but his fear may disqualify him

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:10 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Which version of Captain Marvel?
The first one or his son, Genis Vell?
Cause Genis was mad for a part of his life, and so he's not certainly worth of Mjolnir.

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:13 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor can be pretty decietful

He is not adverse to trickery like when he tricked Graviton and stabbed him with a hypo.

Supes is not one to kill but he has lifted Mjolinir

MM overcomes his fears this is a sign of even greater nobility like when he accepted the sentient virus into his body. He has overcome his fear of fire recently. big grin

Originally posted by Scoobless
Batman is too deceitful
Captain Marvel isn't willing to kill
MM....?.... don't know a huge amount about him.... but his fear may disqualify him
smile

Last edited by Sir Whirlysplat on May 20th, 2005 at 10:17 PM

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:14 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by K3VIL
Which version of Captain Marvel?
The first one or his son, Genis Vell?
Cause Genis was mad for a part of his life, and so he's not certainly worth of Mjolnir.

i think we were talking about the DC Billy Batson (SHAZAM) version

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:17 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

We are but billy is not really billy when he is marvel:D

He gains the wisdom of solomon for a start
Originally posted by Scoobless
i think we were talking about the DC Billy Batson (SHAZAM) version

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:19 PM
JWangSDC

I think he meant Shazam Cap marvel

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:21 PM
JWangSDC is currently offline Click here to Send JWangSDC a Private Message Find more posts by JWangSDC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

No I think KEVIL meant Genis or Marvell

big grin
Originally posted by JWangSDC
I think he meant Shazam Cap marvel

Old Post May 20th, 2005 10:30 PM