KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect The Thing (Ultimate & 616)

Respect The Thing (Ultimate & 616)
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Respect Ben Grimm, the Thing!

I dont think Ben gets nearly enough respect. Everyone thinks he's so useless just because he cant get a fair win against the Hulk. SO WHAT?! Not many people in the Marvel Universe have wins against the Hulk, so the Thing onyl having one is actually good in my opinion. I realize that Ben doesnt have the most impressive strength feats, but he does have alot of impressive fighting feats, which i would like to post here, such as:

(by the way if anyone could get pics for me that would be greatly appreciated)

In FF Vol. 3 #58-60 he fought hundreds of evil versions of himself all at the same time and survived.

In FF Vol. 3 #27, went on a rampage to Avengers mansion and even beat down the two Avengers powerhouses called Wonder Man and Thor.

In many issues, most notably FF Vol. 1 #111-112, he went toe-to-toe with the Hulk for an entire issue.

In FF Vol. 3 #7, fought hundreds of Captain Britains all at the same time and survived.

In the FF cartoon episode "Ego, the Living Planet", while on Ego, Ego exploded and the Thing was unharmed.

I'm sure there's more, but i cant think of any right now off the top of m head so if others could help me out it would be appreciated.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:19 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

All very impressive... the guy done good...

But does the cartoon count? stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:21 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea i believ so cuz the cartoon was based directly on the comic, so i mentioned the cartoon cuz i forgot the comic # where the same thing happenned with Ego.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:22 PM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by armandovalles
yea i believ so cuz the cartoon was based directly on the comic, so i mentioned the cartoon cuz i forgot the comic # where the same thing happenned with Ego.

It actually happened in the comic?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:25 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea the same thing happenned. It was around the #90-100 range i think when it happenned.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:26 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by armandovalles
yea the same thing happenned. It was around the #90-100 range i think when it happenned.

How did he survive the vacuum?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:32 PM
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

he was just floating around in space unharmed and Thor came and picked him up and brought him back to Earth and then Thor said that he's "as noble as a proud Asgardian" or somethin like dat.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:35 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Whoa... not bad...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:38 PM
jrodslam

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:56 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Aug 12th, 2005 10:58 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 09:01 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Thing doesn't need a respect thread, everyone knows what he can do, he gets plenty of respect.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 01:35 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Here is some kind of capability thread withs scans on SHC:

http://superherochat.net/phpBB2/vie...highlight=thing

Really cool stuff.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 02:34 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

yea i really like the one where he's fighting Luke Cage. It really puts into perspective just how strong the Thing really is.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 09:47 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 09:55 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
olympian

Cage its a great example why handbooks are mostly garbage. He was a 3 ton level class in those at the time, but here its shown to fight the Thing and doing it good for awhile.

I actually like the rivality between Ben and Namor. And how Doom got handled.

Ben is - the - Marvel underdog! He owns that game.

Last edited by olympian on Aug 13th, 2005 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2005 09:56 PM
olympian is currently offline Click here to Send olympian a Private Message Find more posts by olympian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Thing never walked over Thor, he punched him once and knocked him away from himself, just that.

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 04:27 AM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thezenbrawler

when thing turned to rock, did his penis turn to rock as well, serious question

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 06:02 AM
thezenbrawler is currently offline Click here to Send thezenbrawler a Private Message Find more posts by thezenbrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude that question was already asked a few months ago and im not gonna get into it again, but i think i do remember that it was decided that the answer to that question is a "Yes".

Old Post Aug 14th, 2005 08:01 PM
golem370

One of the greatest fights I ever seen the Thing in was against Umbra Jaagur he had just beat Human Torch absorbing his nova Burst and then beating She Hulk and then only the Thing was left and might I say Thing Kicked his ass.

Attachment: ff298.jpg
This has been downloaded 1361 time(s).

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Aug 18th, 2005 04:36 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote