KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Space Egg from JLA/Avengers.

The Space Egg from JLA/Avengers.
Started by: Juntai

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

The Space Egg from JLA/Avengers.

We all know that it has surfaced in DC and brought back characters that died in both JLA/Avengers and continuum in DC, The Crime Syndicate. Some people are saying that Marvel isn't counting it, but I believe they are...

I personally believe this Egg is affecting both universes on a major scale..
First off, seeing as it brought those guys back.
I also suspect it has been bringing back other characters from time's past.

Batman himself said the new Supergirl isn't right, she shouldn't be here, and she shouldn't exist.

Next, there's the fact that the DC/M-Universal polar opposites in Batman and Captain America, who both lost a side-kick... regained them - AT THE SAME TIME. Coincidence? I doubt it, but probably. In the MU, Thanos was supposed to make it impossible for this to happen when he was all powerful. No dead characters are supposed to return.

I have a lot of other theories, but some of them are less tangible... I'm not sure..

Any ideas, or other theories for either/or/both Universes?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 12:26 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

You're deluding yourself. Have a nice day. big grin

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 12:42 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
You're deluding yourself. Have a nice day. big grin
Can you make sense of how Batman and Captain America, the exact polar opposites [One works for the government, one is vigilante, one has blonde hair, the other black, one worked to get to his level, the other used steriods, one is a public figure, the other creeps in the shadows.. on and on...] BOTH had their long dead sidekicks come back at the exact same time, when it's been clear and written that neither of them SHOULD BE? DC said a long time ago that Robin would never come back, his death is integral piece of the Batman and Family history. And Thanos decreed that no dead characters would come back.... It's part of the driving force of the characters.. both dark rememberences of times the heros failed.

Still, this one is just a theory, but you have to admit it is a good one...
Deluding myself would be if I believed it, this is all speculation.
Fact is tho, that JLA/Avengers IS continuum now. I'm just trying to see the scale it's on.

Last edited by Juntai on Aug 28th, 2005 at 01:09 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:07 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

You and Whirly love DC. You'd love for JLA/Avengers to be canon - and there's nothing wrong with wanting that - but frankly I don't think it is. I think you're seeing things where there aren't things to be seen.

Last edited by xmarksthespot on Aug 28th, 2005 at 01:21 PM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:13 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

You and Whirly love DC. You'd love for JLA/Avengers to be canon - and there's nothing wrong with wanting that - but frankly I don't think it is. I think you're seeing things where there aren't things to be seen.

I amy have to agree with this Juntai I asked you again has the egg itself been shown in DC continuity in any comic. smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:25 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I have specific characters I like in BOTH worlds, get it right. I do however like the DC storyline better and certainly understand their characters are in general stronger.....

But the Egg is in DC comics right now, and it's ****ing things up. This Egg was last shown in JLA/Avengers. ANd it brought back dead characters, who died in continuum again.. in the JLA/Avengers crossover...That's enough for me to say JLA/Avengers is certainly canon with DC. Even if Marvel doesn't count it yet, which I still think they do or will soon.. And it was THEIR characters that fought, whether they count it or not, it was their logo, and it is continuum. There is no other way to explain the above. [Characters that died in JLA/Avengers being ressurected by an item from JLA/Avengers in continuum]

I'm unsure, but didn't Galactus come from a similar[or perhaps the very same?] source, he found an egg?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:33 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
I amy have to agree with this Juntai I asked you again has the egg itself been shown in DC continuity in any comic. smile
It first showed up in JLA 107-108. Right around the time the Countdown to Crisis was starting. Coincidence?

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:36 PM
Creshosk

Given that the ongoing JLA series won’t be changing it’s name to JLA/Avengers, some careful storytelling will be necessary for Busiek. “You won't be seeing any flashback panel with the Avengers in 'em, that's for sure,”

Different but similar story. It's not canon as it never involved the Avengers in dc canon.

And there hasn't been a space egg like that showing up in Marvel recently. Not canon in marvel.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:40 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:46 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sentry

I know its hard to accept laughing

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 01:47 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Juntai
I have specific characters I like in BOTH worlds, get it right. I do however like the DC storyline better and certainly understand their characters are in general stronger.....

But the Egg is in DC comics right now, and it's ****ing things up. This Egg was last shown in JLA/Avengers. ANd it brought back dead characters, who died in continuum again.. in the JLA/Avengers crossover...That's enough for me to say JLA/Avengers is certainly canon with DC. Even if Marvel doesn't count it yet, which I still think they do or will soon.. And it was THEIR characters that fought, whether they count it or not, it was their logo, and it is continuum. There is no other way to explain the above. [Characters that died in JLA/Avengers being ressurected by an item from JLA/Avengers in continuum]

I'm unsure, but didn't Galactus come from a similar[or perhaps the very same?] source, he found an egg?

The Egg is in DC. Marvel doesn't need an egg to f()ck everything up. We have Bendis and the Scarlet Witch doing that. No egg needed.

Galactus was born from a cosmic egg. Not space egg. I wonder where Busiek got an idea for such an egg???

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 04:37 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry's egg laughing out loud He laid it!

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 04:39 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Egg is in DC. Marvel doesn't need an egg to f()ck everything up. We have Bendis and the Scarlet Witch doing that. No egg needed.

Galactus was born from a cosmic egg. Not space egg. I wonder where Busiek got an idea for such an egg???

Umm the Galactus Story .... DUhhhhhhhhhhh

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 04:47 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by yahman
Umm the Galactus Story .... DUhhhhhhhhhhh

I was talking sarcastic. Of he course he got it from the Galactus story. Sometimes, Busiek isn't smart enough to come up with original things. He surely didn't do his homework on the Marvel characters he put in the JLA/Avengers crossover.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 04:53 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was talking sarcastic. Of he course he got it from the Galactus story. Sometimes, Busiek isn't smart enough to come up with original things. He surely didn't do his homework on the Marvel characters he put in the JLA/Avengers crossover.

I think he was trying to create a sense of familiarity. I thought it was quite a cool idea. Im sorry about the confusion, but you did previously make reference to them as two seperate scenarios :

"The Egg is in DC. Marvel doesn't need an egg to f()ck everything up. We have Bendis and the Scarlet Witch doing that. No egg needed.

Galactus was born from a cosmic egg. Not space egg. I wonder where Busiek got an idea for such an egg???"

smile big grin

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 05:02 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by yahman
I think he was trying to create a sense of familiarity. I thought it was quite a cool idea. Im sorry about the confusion, but you did previously make reference to them as two seperate scenarios :

"The Egg is in DC. Marvel doesn't need an egg to f()ck everything up. We have Bendis and the Scarlet Witch doing that. No egg needed.

Galactus was born from a cosmic egg. Not space egg. I wonder where Busiek got an idea for such an egg???"

smile big grin

Indeed Sentrys post was confusing. Bendis write OK sometimes smile

Old Post Aug 28th, 2005 05:03 PM