KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » at what point did you become a wolverine fan or hater?

at what point did you become a wolverine fan or hater?
Started by: Pointinel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

at what point did you become a wolverine fan or hater?

at what point in logans "career" did you say "man this dude is cool" or "man this dude sucks"

i mean let's face it in this point of his "comicbook existence" it's either you a fan of the dude or you hate him

me... it was in the first episode of the 90's x-men animated series, "night of the sentinels." imagine that... it wasnt even in a comicbook. i only knew a little about the x-men back then (who' who and what they're fighting for). i mean when morph died (saving logan) logan tried to come back for him, and there was nothing stopping him, in the end it took rouge to absorb wolverine to weaken him just to stop him. i love how he is loyal to his friends, that got me hooked with his character.

then after a while i read the dark phoenix saga and in the scene where logan was sneaking and killing all those hellfire club soldiers to save the imprisoned x-men, that sealed the deal for me. man, reading those panels for the first time...i was like "damn, this dude is sick wit it!"

THERE. what's yours?

::exits dork mode::

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 03:50 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord-of-Dreams
pimpin member

Same as you, actually. That episode was sweet!! Then later they thought he was back, but he wasn't... Man!
I started to dislike him a while ago, when I got in an arguement with a guy over wether or not he is more than human. I found some old comics, and started to like him again, now he's... ok... lost some repect, but we still cool.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 04:09 PM
Lord-of-Dreams is currently offline Click here to Send Lord-of-Dreams a Private Message Find more posts by Lord-of-Dreams Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I can't remember exactly what episode or issue it was that drew me to Wolverine. But he has always been my number one favorite character and probably always will be. I read a whole bunch of his comics when I was a youngster and I also watched the animated series all the time with my older brother. He was just so badass and I guess his overall demeanor and kickass attitude is what made me like him.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:26 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

uppin for all the lovers/haters out there

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 12:50 AM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say the big thing was when we couldn't figure out if his claws were part of him or just in his gloves was the reason why I started reading him.
But what got me was when the the whole colossus/wolverine/juggernaut event happend. Wolverine knew damn well he couldn't -beat- colossus, but he sure as hell was gonna try his hardest, but jug did it for him.

The weapon x from marvel presents was one of his best storylines, that and his inner turmoil issues.

I can't say I dig Wolverine post '96 though.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:22 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

agreed...

best matches where when his healing wasn't insane, and he needed skill to win, or when he used skill instead of claws, those were the best matches...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 02:00 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I remember a loooooooooooooooong time ago, Wolverine refused to pop his claws unless someone pulled a gun. He faught bushwacker h2h and lost hard until BW pulled a 9mm, Wolverine ****ed him up real real real bad.
He was always violent, but never a straight up freaking killer.

I do like him still, just patiently waiting for him to go back to the way he used to be.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 06:31 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

^cosigns a 101%.

did you enjoy wolverine #31 tho?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 02:10 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

I'm glad there are some people on KMC who don't hate Wolverine.

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 01:29 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
I remember a loooooooooooooooong time ago, Wolverine refused to pop his claws unless someone pulled a gun. He faught bushwacker h2h and lost hard until BW pulled a 9mm, Wolverine ****ed him up real real real bad.
He was always violent, but never a straight up freaking killer.

I do like him still, just patiently waiting for him to go back to the way he used to be.
My sentiments exactly.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 02:11 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

I don't hate , the hairy runt that much but he seems like a walking cliche to me (plus he takes the spotlight wherever he goes which pisses me off) . But i only really started loathing him when he could do dumb crap like regenerate from a single drop of blood . NO ONE CAN DO THAT EXCEPT ALUCARD .....(but then he's a anime character which gives him uber cool points anyway)

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 06:43 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't ever remembering him saying "bub" as much as he does now though.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 07:09 AM
Creshosk

Originally posted by grey fox
But i only really started loathing him when he could do dumb crap like regenerate from a single drop of blood

He did that with a plot device. . .the crystal helped him.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 02:25 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I first started reading xmen in the mid to late 80s, and i never liked him... the character just never appealed to me in any shape or form...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 06:15 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

I have the pleasure and the curse of my picking up comics coinciding with Claremont's Golden Era on X-Men. I stopped readingthem when all the characters suddenly got steroid bodies and personality transplants. I loved Classic Wolverine, but hated him from the feral era until just recently. New Avengers gives me hope.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 03:49 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

^you didnt like jim?

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 04:04 AM
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

I've liked some other things he's done (frankly, the Marvel/Stormwatch crossover was the best thing to come out of 'Heroes Reborn'), but not his X-men, and it was all downhill from there.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Laminator_X on Sep 3rd, 2005 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 04:17 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

Originally posted by Laminator_X
and it was all downhill from there.

^cosigns that statement.

but his rendition of the x-men is classic and probably the most influential

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 04:28 AM
Phoenix2001

I first got into Wolverine back in the day, when I was about 5 or 6. A cousin of mine collected X-Men toys, X-Men comic books, and watched the X-Men 90s cartoon every day. Everytime I went over to his house, he would praise how tough Wolverine was, how no one can beat him, etc.

Since then, I've always looked at Wolverine as one of the best Marvel heroes out there. I use to have a few comic titles of Wolverine, but, sadly, I had traded them in turn for a few Spider-Man titles with Venom in it, and the only thing I have left with Wolverine in it is the Secret Wars series.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 11:52 AM
Phoenix2001 is currently offline Click here to Send Phoenix2001 a Private Message Find more posts by Phoenix2001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by pr1983
I first started reading xmen in the mid to late 80s, and i never liked him... the character just never appealed to me in any shape or form...

I started reading X men a few years before this sad just a few confused really, I started with Giant size 1 (I may well be able to buy a new car on this comic one day smile. At this point Wolverine was fresh, dynamic and cool. Claremont worked wonders with him up until his run started to wane after Uncanny 137, I hated the direction the X men was going in and every other character got feet of clay like Wolverine. Of these type of characters he is still the original and like a previous poster, his direction in New Avengers gives me hope. smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2005 12:19 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote