KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » The Official "im Sitting Out On The Crisis" Thread.

The Official "im Sitting Out On The Crisis" Thread.
Started by: #16

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

The Official "im Sitting Out On The Crisis" Thread.

sad YES. I AM GONNA PASS OUT ON IC. sad

i wish i could tho. but i got so many shit to deal with plus im more looking forward to the DECIMATION line marvel's dishing in november.

so this thread is for people who is as head deep in expenses as me and cant afford probably the only substantial cross-over mega event in years to come. state your reasons and what will be your alternative/compromise drug for IC.

in the end, im probably going to DL this or as colossus17 would say steal it from the store evil face . how can you steal stuff from jim hanley's uni?

DarkCrawler >>> Your Favorite Sig-Maker

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 04:03 PM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Sign me up.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:46 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I'll join...I don't do subscriptions and TPB's generally...I just wait for them to come out in grouped volumes of 5-6 issues. Most of my reading is stuff from local bookstores that let you read without buying (being broke sucks). So I'll be sitting it out for a while...but eventually I'll pick it up (probably in a couple years).

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 06:51 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Newsarama posted the numbers on what it would take to buy all the HoM and it's tie-ins and the IC etc...

Numbers came out to roughly $400 for HoM.

Numbers for IC were well over $700 with new tie-ins still constantly being added. Then there is that whole 52 crap which I find to be just an annoying marketing strategy. It's going to be a weekly that is .99? or 2.99? I don't remember.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Aug 31st, 2005 10:19 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

@ chris

damn! i can see JoeQ's point now about DC's marketing policy. why else would you make all this tie-ins and keep your EIC implying to the fans "you wont understand the Crisis if you dont follow this and this," if they werent corporate driven?

@ DigiMark007

yeah it sucks doesnt it? dont worry, if i got hold of any torrent ill seed it till everyone gets it.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 12:58 AM
#16 is currently offline Click here to Send #16 a Private Message Find more posts by #16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

Re: The Official "im Sitting Out On The Crisis" Thread.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Pointinel
sad YES. I AM GONNA PASS OUT ON IC. sad

i wish i could tho. but i got so many shit to deal with plus im more looking forward to the DECIMATION line marvel's dishing in november.

so this thread is for people who is as head deep in expenses as me and cant afford probably the only substantial cross-over mega event in years to come. state your reasons and what will be your alternative/compromise drug for IC.

in the end, im probably going to DL this or as colossus17 would say steal it from the store evil face . how can you steal stuff from jim hanley's uni?

dude just steal it.....i dont remember the last time i actually "paid" for a comic.....just walk in and steal them from behind.....stuff them in ur pants .or put them in a bag and throw them outside the store and pick it up from the back exit morals are for pussies..... evil face

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:12 AM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Re: Re: The Official "im Sitting Out On The Crisis" Thread.

Originally posted by colossus17
dude just steal it.....i dont remember the last time i actually "paid" for a comic.....just walk in and steal them from behind.....stuff them in ur pants .or put them in a bag and throw them outside the store and pick it up from the back exit morals are for pussies..... evil face

Stealing is for pussies. Just bring your comics to the counter and when the guy rings them up, punch him in the face and tell him he's lucky you didn't shank him and pay with his blood. Then walk out.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:19 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

yeah

but i saw this dude who shoplifted an issue of ultimates he got caught and the management got him to pay 10x

but that is a very viable option evil face

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:21 AM
Colossus21

Re: Re: Re: The Official "im Sitting Out On The Crisis" Thread.

Originally posted by Nataku8188
Stealing is for pussies. Just bring your comics to the counter and when the guy rings them up, punch him in the face and tell him he's lucky you didn't shank him and pay with his blood. Then walk out.

lol....i should think about it next time...... ninja .but shanking people aint my style....shanking is for pussies.....who are scared to go for the kill

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:25 AM
Colossus21 is currently offline Find more posts by Colossus21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

yeah

but i saw this dude who shoplifted an issue of ultimates he got caught and the management got him to pay 10x

but that is a very viable option evil face

god gave you fists...so u could beat da shit out of the "management".and he gave you legs so u could run away later.as the police are chasing u.

Last edited by Colossus21 on Sep 1st, 2005 at 01:29 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:26 AM
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

Originally posted by colossus17
god gave you fists...so u could beat da shit out of the "managment".and he gave you legs so u could run away later.as the police are chasing u.

^LOL!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 01:28 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

what the f#ck, this is funny shit

where's my popcorn?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 02:21 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I used to go to this comic store owned by this old pokey ass guy and I came in every week or so and hung around looking for an hour or so, so after a while, he'd just leave the counter and go take a dump in the bathroom for hours. I started stealing shit immediatly, whole a-b boxes at once.

I got boxes full of shit I hauled out of his shatty ass store, I even got a 1st wolverine off his wall.

Robbed his ass blind. evil face

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 06:38 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus21

Originally posted by long pig
I used to go to this comic store owned by this old pokey ass guy and I came in every week or so and hung around looking for an hour or so, so after a while, he'd just leave the counter and go take a dump in the bathroom for hours. I started stealing shit immediatly, whole a-b boxes at once.

I got boxes full of shit I hauled out of his shatty ass store, I even got a 1st wolverine off his wall.

Robbed his ass blind. evil face

no offence...but didnt ur dad......own a comic store...

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 03:22 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mann you Yanks are weird.

big grin

Get a Job !!!!!!!!!!!!!11 smile

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 03:59 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

my job >>>>>>>>>>>> yours

smile

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 04:14 PM
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

my job >>>>>>>>>>>> yours

smile

I don't doubt that, but it was what we call in England 'a joke'.

Its not my fault our humour is slightly more subtle. (Although in this case it was anything but subtle).

smile big grin

Any way sorry about the financial problems, you have my sympathy's. smile

Where do you work ?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 04:23 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

firm here in nyc.

btw, im joking man

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 04:43 PM
Colossus21

i am insane......and yet i am a future psychologist............... AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
!!!!! ninja

Old Post Sep 1st, 2005 06:49 PM
BALLER STATUS IV LIFE

^hot damn!

there goes the neighborhood...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2005 02:41 AM