KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Justice League Elite??

Justice League Elite??
Started by: DigiMark007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Digi
Forum Leader

Justice League Elite??

K, so I'm reading a collection of JLE (Elite) comics the other day, and they start off as a "super hero group" led by a Brit named Manchester Black. They're like the JLA, but less afraid to kill the bad guys. They also have a guy that can merge people with streets.

Hmmm...not afraid to kill, led by a cigarette-smoking Brit, and they have a street-merger. Sound familiar??

Wildstorm is owned by DC, but this seemed like a not-so-subtle jab at the Authority. Superman, by the way, takes down the whole team but not before getting knocked around for a while. Now, eventually they settle into the role of the JLA's "black ops" group (Wally becomes a member of both) and it finds its own identity. But once Manchester Black is killed off, he's replaced by a girl who could be a stand-in for Jenny Sparks (in attitude and looks at least, if not powers).

Maybe it's part of DC's push to be more edgy (I've seen similar hyptheses regarding the Crisis), or maybe it's just a rip-off of Wildstorm...but I found it interesting enough to make a thread about.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2005 04:50 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote