KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Which Characters Are the Most Often Under-Written?

Which Characters Are the Most Often Under-Written?
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Which Characters Are the Most Often Under-Written?

In terms of power/ability:

My vote goes to Green Lantern

In terms of character/personality:

My vote goes to Cyclops

In terms of skill:

My vote goes to either Thor or Wonder Woman.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:11 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I agree on the first two counts...

but wonder woman? ive seen her kick major booty, thor too... what do you think they should be capable of?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:13 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

What a thousand years of training and skill should produce. And for some odd reason the Thing always defeats Thor in hand to hand combat. And Batman always seems to get the better of Diana in martial arts.

When it makes no sense since they're trained for far longer and have much more experience.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:23 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Well batman is... well he's batman... stick out tongue so i dunno... but i mean, when she fought the 'under the influence superman' she did outthink him...

but yeah, i know what you mean... thor should really win easily...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

What do you mean by personality?

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:38 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HigH ScholaR

superskrull and terrax oh yer and quasar all in terms of power

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:42 PM
HigH ScholaR is currently offline Click here to Send HigH ScholaR a Private Message Find more posts by HigH ScholaR Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Creshosk
What do you mean by personality?

Having a solid base for a personality but never really expanding on it. Like Cyclops until Morrison made him much more interesting.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:45 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Spiderman

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:53 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Draco69
Having a solid base for a personality but never really expanding on it. Like Cyclops until Morrison made him much more interesting.

I think the base was there, you just had to dig deep to find it... erm

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 07:57 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by pr1983

Sure. But Morrison did it for us. Cyclops in the eyes of most comic readers went from a bland character to being a very human, very easy to relate to superhero.

I find Cyclops nowadays to be much easier to relate to than Spiderman even.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 08:00 PM
Creshosk

Originally posted by pr1983
I agree with this.

You can see a characters personality whenever they interact with another character. You can see what they think when they think and what they say.

PR reminds me quite a bit of cyclops. *shrugs* and you can't tell me PR doesn't have any personality.

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 08:02 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Sure. But Morrison did it for us. Cyclops in the eyes of most comic readers went from a bland character to being a very human, very easy to relate to superhero.

I find Cyclops nowadays to be much easier to relate to than Spiderman even.

He did help theres no doubt about it...

Originally posted by Creshosk
I agree with this.

You can see a characters personality whenever they interact with another character. You can see what they think when they think and what they say.

PR reminds me quite a bit of cyclops. *shrugs* and you can't tell me PR doesn't have any personality.

Thx... i think...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 08:10 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Flash
Cyclops
Wolverine

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 08:37 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Wolverine DEFINITELY in skill. For a guy that has suppposedly mastered numerous martial arts, he NEVER displays.

He slashes. He gets hurt. He heals. He slashes....

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 08:42 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Wolverine DEFINITELY in skill. For a guy that has suppposedly mastered numerous martial arts, he NEVER displays.

He slashes. He gets hurt. He heals. He slashes....
Which is why he is overrated, and not a good character.

His best fights are when getting shot mattered.

When he didn't have his claws out.

Which is why when people bring the "best there is" into arguments, I want to hurl.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 15th, 2005 09:10 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Moon Knight in recent years. He got the crap kicked out of him in the Marvel Knight series, and it was nice to see him recently in Marvel Team-Up, but it wasn't a really impressive display. Marc Spector got bored with proffessional boxing--at the age 18. He then enlisted in the Marines for 8 years and became a mercenary when that wasn't enough. During that interim he mastered savate and many other fighting skills, he also survived some of the heediest military actions in the modern world. He's an adrenaline and fight junky. He's Tyler Durden. With his training and prowess, when Marc Spector hits you, it hurts, it shatters bone, it turns. He was a CIA liason and stock market master. He's not just some bruiser, he can make a fortune in months, and tap your phone with five spare seconds in his schedule. I don't want him to be infallible, I don't want him to be Batman, but he's been incompetent lately.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2005 01:07 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Next Venom_girl
Scream

Wolfsbane. Here's a gal who could go toe to toe with Sabertooth yet remains a background character while Wolverine is in like 6 different titles.

Girls Kick Butt!Respect Venom|Respect Black Canary|Respect Namor|Respect Hellsing|The Official Symbiote Thread&Picture Thread

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:57 PM
Next Venom_girl is currently offline Click here to Send Next Venom_girl a Private Message Find more posts by Next Venom_girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Moon Knight in recent years. He got the crap kicked out of him in the Marvel Knight series, and it was nice to see him recently in Marvel Team-Up, but it wasn't a really impressive display. Marc Spector got bored with proffessional boxing--at the age 18. He then enlisted in the Marines for 8 years and became a mercenary when that wasn't enough. During that interim he mastered savate and many other fighting skills, he also survived some of the heediest military actions in the modern world. He's an adrenaline and fight junky. He's Tyler Durden. With his training and prowess, when Marc Spector hits you, it hurts, it shatters bone, it turns. He was a CIA liason and stock market master. He's not just some bruiser, he can make a fortune in months, and tap your phone with five spare seconds in his schedule. I don't want him to be infallible, I don't want him to be Batman, but he's been incompetent lately.

nice post smile

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 09:01 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Xavier. Come on writers this is one of if not the world's most powerful telepaths. Jean was only more powerful with the phoenix force. AOA showed us what it would be like if not for him. He thrashed Magneto once. He even sorta held his own in the ultimate universe against Phoenix. He is responsible for the X-men for cryin out loud. The role of the X-men is to make Xaviers dream a reality.

I love this argument between Xavier and magneto in the ruins of a concentration camp. Maggs gets told by Charley here...........

Attachment: xaviervsmags.jpg
This has been downloaded 56 time(s).

Last edited by willRules on Sep 17th, 2005 at 10:29 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 10:25 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote