KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Galactus attacking Krypton

Galactus attacking Krypton
Started by: Mindship

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Galactus attacking Krypton

In DC/Marvel Classic Crossovers IV, there is a Superman meets FF story where it is purported that Galactus was responsible for Krypton's destruction. Though Galactus later said this was a ruse to get a hold of Superman, still, the idea of it fascinated me. What a tres cool way to unite the two universes! What does everyone else think?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 04:33 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

The FF/Superman crossover was one of the best next to JLA/Avengers imo.

This is the only pic I have scanned from the crossover but I did enjoy it.

Attachment: pics3.jpg
This has been downloaded 126 time(s).

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 05:23 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

I remember that, lolol but if it was Galactus that did it to Krypton, than he would no longer exist, Pre-C Supes woulda used anti--nigh-omnipotent-vision and then punch him across the universe, shattering his armor, and brought down the sword of god on him. Sacrificing a cool character for a cool concept probably wouldn't be worth it.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 07:04 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
I remember that, lolol but if it was Galactus that did it to Krypton, than he would no longer exist, Pre-C Supes woulda used anti--nigh-omnipotent-vision and then punch him across the universe, shattering his armor, and brought down the sword of god on him. Sacrificing a cool character for a cool concept probably wouldn't be worth it.

If Galactus actually attacked Krypton, there probably wouldn't be any Superman. If I remember correctly, was their any yellow sun close to Krypton? No. If there was a yellow sun there, they would have all been flying and would have had super strength and what not. If Galactus went to Krypton, he would have certainly devoured it. Our own US military probably would have put up a better fight than Krypton.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 07:12 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

That's not true. The technology was friggin ridiculous. They would have put up a hell of fight.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 07:32 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by Draco69
That's not true. The technology was friggin ridiculous. They would have put up a hell of fight.

I was talking sarcastic. They would have put up a fight, but would have all died in the end. FF4 #254 Galactus was taking hits from every kind of Kree weapon, and he just nonchalantly sank into the planet, and devoured it.

Galactus would have massacred the Kryptonians.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:19 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Also before Crisis, depending on when you're talking about, it always said he was from " A RACE OF SUPERMEN!", just watch the old cartoons, or read a really old comic you'll know what I'm talking about. Galactus would be dealing with a whole race of Superman with tech well beyond most any other in either universe. Galactus at high power has been known to destroy Galaxies while unleashing his energy at opponenets, Superman can do the same by sneezing.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Last edited by Juntai on Sep 17th, 2005 at 08:22 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:20 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

...............edit

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 08:21 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by Sentry
I was talking sarcastic. They would have put up a fight, but would have all died in the end. FF4 #254 Galactus was taking hits from every kind of Kree weapon, and he just nonchalantly sank into the planet, and devoured it.

Galactus would have massacred the Kryptonians.

Ah. Sarcasm is always lost on me. I really need to buy a detector on Ebay... embarrasment

Galactus should do ALOT of things...but he doesn't. In reality he should be wiping the Fantastic Four from existence everytime they meet, but he doesn't.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 09:07 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gautam

i dont get something about galactus...strange knocked galactus on his ass....while precrisis darksieds omega beams did absolutly nothing to him...does that mean stranges magical bolts are stronger then precrisis omega effect...or just bad writing

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 02:42 PM
gautam is currently offline Click here to Send gautam a Private Message Find more posts by gautam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Strange is that much of a bad ass.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2005 04:07 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

No military force on any planet has ever pushed Galactus away from consuming the world he wants. Only Reed giving him the ultimate nullifier saved Earth. Krypton was a scientifically advanced planet, but not a planet of Supermen. They would have perished.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 05:17 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

quote:
Originally posted by Draco69

That was also said of Galan's own world Taa that was at the pinnacle of technological advancement. Think of how much power he has in his own floating fortress let alone in his being himself.

Originally posted by gautam
i dont get something about galactus...strange knocked galactus on his ass....while precrisis darksieds omega beams did absolutly nothing to him...does that mean stranges magical bolts are stronger then precrisis omega effect...or just bad writing

Wasn't it a few windows after Dr. Strange attacked that Galactus fell? I always translated that scene that though he felt pain, it was actually the hunger that finally got to him. As to the crossover with Darkseid and Galactus, that was post-Crisis Darkseid.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2005 04:19 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote