KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Infinite Crisis vs. House of M

Which Do You Like Better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Infinite Crisis 3 42.86%
House of M 1 14.29%
No Opinion 2 28.57%
Both Suck 1 14.29%
Total: 7 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinite Crisis vs. House of M
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Infinite Crisis vs. House of M

Which crossover do you like better and why?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 06:58 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Infinite Crisis never really started yet but I already am enjoying the mini-series' over House of M.

I lost interest in House of M after the 2nd issue. Although I still collect it I dont read it. Too boring for me.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 07:48 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, since now that we actually know that the crisis will change D.C back to it's "lighter, more happy" type silver age days from the boring kiddy D.C past, I'd say it sucks marginally worse.

But, I vote both suck.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:04 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

All I've heard says this isn't true. Just rumours.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:07 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Well, since now that we actually know that the crisis will change D.C back to it's "lighter, more happy" type silver age days from the boring kiddy D.C past, I'd say it sucks marginally worse.

But, I vote both suck.
So you know for sure D.C. is going back to the oldschool days?

Im impressed.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:16 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

It's not. For god's sake. THINK. You're a businessman selling comics. EVERYONE hates and despises the idea of the DC Universe going back to their Pre-Crisis days. Would you, as a businessman, do something so incredibly stupid to down your profits like a plummeting stone.

It's not gonna happen.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:19 PM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mark Waid said it.

I just repeat it.

He said that after the crisis, he will finally be able to write D.C away from the grim and gritty and back to the happier more bright days of the Silver age where "Heroes were heroes and villians were villians."

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 10:00 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Mark Waid? I still don't believe it. I remember hearing something about this awhile ago.

And Waid can go f*** himself if he thinks this naive, childlike comic schem is gonna sell.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 10:24 PM
Game Over

HA HA, dc will suck dick again, in marvels dust.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 10:33 PM
Game Over is currently offline Click here to Send Game Over a Private Message Find more posts by Game Over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Blah...it's just extremely annoying how they are marketing the IC minis.

Come on, 8 issues, 4 different minis (Well 5 if you count the whole Donna Troy thing..) Oh wait a minute, we forgot that we need you to buy Superman, WW and other issues just to get the whole story of the minis. Oh wait a minute, we just announced that each miniseries NEEDS AN EXTRA "seperate" issue to tie it into IC.

Please, like DC didn't know all this crap from the beginning when they were planning out the year. Why can't they be honest and announce it all at once?

Doop Lives...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 10:49 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

*cough*

House of M.

And I agree the whole "You need to buy EVERY comic we own to understand the story" from BOTH companies is friggin annoying.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 11:21 PM
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

DC would never make the company back to its silver age way. It wouldn't sell. DC knows that the way it is now is the way that works. Mark Waid obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 11:38 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't know about that, man.

Old school D.C readers hate new D.C, because they are too much like Marvel.

New D.C readers like D.C, because they are so much like Marvel.

So, the thing is, are there more Old School D.C lovers than new school? Probably, yes.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 11:45 PM
Game Over

Originally posted by long pig
I don't know about that, man.

Old school D.C readers hate new D.C, because they are too much like Marvel.

New D.C readers like D.C, because they are so much like Marvel.

So, the thing is, are there more Old School D.C lovers than new school? Probably, yes.

define kiddy. Like they put a story on why it's good to save trees ?(Captain planet type)

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 11:53 PM
Game Over is currently offline Click here to Send Game Over a Private Message Find more posts by Game Over Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kiddie=no grey area.

Basically the good guy always wins and learns a lessen at the end.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 12:11 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think people seriously underestimate newer dc... which imo has kicked marvels ass for a long time... and is nothing like marvel... marvel has too much shit (and i mean literal shit) in its line-up to compare dc to it...

i dont think it will totally revert, but maybe change a bit...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 12:26 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by pr1983
I think people seriously underestimate newer dc... which imo has kicked marvels ass for a long time... and is nothing like marvel... marvel has too much shit (and i mean literal shit) in its line-up to compare dc to it...

i dont think it will totally revert, but maybe change a bit...

Agreed. They've already said this crisis isn't about reverting history or anything like that. It's an examination of the DCU. What makes the heroes and villains tick.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 07:14 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

What exactly is house of M

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 07:16 PM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

I could hardly understand the various Countdown mini-series for all the B an C list DC characters running around.... so my vote has to go to House of M, where at least I know all the characters.

It's not really fair to compare the two, though. Infinite Crisis is basically something that's been built up to with four different mini-series, involves the talents of multiple writers and artists, and a huge roster of characters.

House of M is pretty much a glorified mini-series from a single writer/artist team, with a more limited roster of characters. Advertisements and hype have boosted it up into something it really wasn't meant to be. (Bendis originally planned it as a New Avengers/Astonishing X-Men crossover, from what I've heard.)

It's apples and oranges.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 12:05 AM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

From the sounds of things, exactly Jack and Sh*t have happened in HOM, so Crisis probably has more potentail at this point. At least with a massive story arc, a bunch of stuff gets shaken up...for better or for worse, it's fun to watch the change.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2005 04:31 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote