KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Shouldn't wolverine's punches kill or seriouly hurt many of the people he fights?

Shouldn't wolverine's punches kill or seriouly hurt many of the people he fights?
Started by: jplatinum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shouldn't wolverine's punches kill or seriouly hurt many of the people he fights?

Shouldn't wolverine's punches kill people who aren't at least peak human level?
Wolverine has adamantium bones+martial arts training+inhanced reflexes(generate alot more power in punches)+peakhuman strength=
should equal a superhuman type punching power.

Martial- artists like mike reeves haev normal bones(hardened but still normal)+peakhuman reflexes+normal human strength= and they can break through 2 feet of solid concrete in one hand blow.
Shouldn't Logan be able to generate at least enough power to shatter like 10 feet of concrete in one blow(a force of several tons).

How come people like cyclops and other people can take his punches?
If they do, he must be holding back alot cause by my calcilations his punching power should be close to several tons.

How come he doesn't use this ability to just k.o. or kill people who he fights in like 1 punch.
I'd use it.

They say wolverine is overrated, no, I think they don't give him enough credit cause if they knew science,pkysics, rules of Martial-arts, and other facts about logan with these factors applied, they'd know that he should be able to do feats above the ones he is stated as doing.

I mean his punching power alone should be like more than what spiderman can lift(over 10 tons).

What do you think?

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:20 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sparkz

Re: Shouldn't wolverine's punches kill or seriouly hurt many of the people he fights?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jplatinum
Shouldn't wolverine's punches kill people who aren't at least peak human level?
Wolverine has adamantium bones+martial arts training+inhanced reflexes(generate alot more power in punches)+peakhuman strength=
should equal a superhuman type punching power.

Martial- artists like mike reeves haev normal bones(hardened but still normal)+peakhuman reflexes+normal human strength= and they can break through 2 feet of solid concrete in one hand blow.
Shouldn't Logan be able to generate at least enough power to shatter like 10 feet of concrete in one blow(a force of several tons).

How come people like cyclops and other people can take his punches?
If they do, he must be holding back alot cause by my calcilations his punching power should be close to several tons.

How come he doesn't use this ability to just k.o. or kill people who he fights in like 1 punch.
I'd use it.

They say wolverine is overrated, no, I think they don't give him enough credit cause if they knew science,pkysics, rules of Martial-arts, and other facts about logan with these factors applied, they'd know that he should be able to do feats above the ones he is stated as doing.

I mean his punching power alone should be like more than what spiderman can lift(over 10 tons).

What do you think?

Well i wouldnt agree, if you wanna be realistic he wouldnt even be able to stand up, i mean that skeleton has got to be mighty heavy.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:25 PM
Sparkz is currently offline Click here to Send Sparkz a Private Message Find more posts by Sparkz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

Re: Re: Shouldn't wolverine's punches kill or seriouly hurt many of the people he fights?

Originally posted by Sparkz
Well i wouldnt agree, if you wanna be realistic he wouldnt even be able to stand up, i mean that skeleton has got to be mighty heavy.
Not necessarily. Adamantium may be a light, but strong metal. It's used all the time in sci-fi. In Predator 2, their bladed weapons were described as being able to cut like steel, but having almost no weight.

I can't remember the exact weight, but the Marvel Encyclopedia has Wolverine's weight around 200lbs.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:29 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

about 100lbs

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:30 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

But the weight is evenly distributed through out his body and if you read his weight he doesn't even weight that much.

Plus his body heals itself, so if he would've had a problem with it before like when it was first put in, then he'd be healed many times over by now and it would feel as though he never had it put in in the first place.

Remember the human body is self healing from many things and heals slightly stronger than before, now take into effect that logan is a mutant, a mutant with an insane healing factor that is hundreds of times a normal fit human in top shape.

Now do you really think that little weight adjustment problem would have any effect on him now after all this time to heal and adjust to it.

Like I said, it'd be as if it were never put there, he'd move as though he did before it, possibly faster.

Now stick to the reason of the post and stop trying to sidetrack and dance around the initial question, dude.

I want someone's opinion on the subject, someone's educated opinion.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:33 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by jplatinum
I want someone's opinion on the subject, someone's educated opinion.
Wolverine, like other heros, holds back when he doesn't want to kill.

"It takes no skill ta kill..." ~Wolverine to Storm

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:40 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

Exactly. If Wolverine goes all out, just his punch could kill a normal human who wasn't at peak physical condition (or close to it.) Normally though, he holds his strength in reserve--he's a killer, but only to those who deserve it.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:53 PM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

300lbs is weighing a lot for a guy thats 5'2"

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:53 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's a normal punch, just feels harder on flesh. It's like, would brass knuckles make it easier to break shit? Not really.

Bow before your new ruler...

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 09:58 PM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Piedmon
Saiyajin Quaterback

These aren't brass knuckles. This is adamantium. And it goes all the way up his arm. And yes, with his skeleton Wolverine weighs 300 lb. How can he move and fight the way he does? Simple: his strength is ABOVE HUMAN MAXIMUM. Anyone who's read his series, especially the classic issues, can tell you that.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 10:00 PM
Piedmon is currently offline Click here to Send Piedmon a Private Message Find more posts by Piedmon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
It's a normal punch, just feels harder on flesh. It's like, would brass knuckles make it easier to break shit? Not really.
It makes it easier to break flesh, and bone.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 10:07 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Wynndar
300lbs is weighing a lot for a guy thats 5'2"

So is 200

quote:
Height:5 ft. 3 in.
Weight: (without adamantium skeleton) 200 lbs., (with adamantium skeleton) 300 lbs.

Old Post Sep 30th, 2005 10:18 PM
Marvel=DC
Sexy In Any Universe

Superheroes hold back to avoid seriously killing some one Wolverine isn't the only person this applies to like how Batman or Deathstroke can hang with Wonder Woman one real full blow from her and there wouldn't be anything left. It takes alot of concentration for wolverine and an abnormal amount for the likes of people like Superman, Wonder Woman and Thor to hold back and temper their strength just right so they can fight regular of even peak humans with out instantly killing them. Also from what I recall wolverine is 100 and something without the adamantium and 100 pound heavier with it. If you wanted to be realistically (mind you these are comic book characters) Wolverine wouldn't be able to move as the adamantium would cover his joints and organs killing him instantly healing factor or not.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 06:04 AM
Marvel=DC is currently offline Click here to Send Marvel=DC a Private Message Find more posts by Marvel=DC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Orestes

Funny, I thought the adamantium was only on his bones. Why would it cover his joints and organs, then?

Also, I wouldn't overstate the effect of having metal-laced bones on a person's ability to move, either. Remember that medieval knights did alright encased in what amounted to a steel exoskeleton. Even weight distribution works wonders.

The adamantium SHOULD slow Wolverine down, though. But who knows ... maybe it does? Maybe that's why such a supposedly skilled guy seems to get hit constantly? stick out tongue

"he could......if he needed too....hed juss make up lies about how one was talkin smack bout the other and then they would fight, and after they foughtit out....he would suck the other weakened one into a blackhole." - King KAN explaining how Batman could defeat Thanos and Galactus

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 06:23 AM
Orestes is currently offline Click here to Send Orestes a Private Message Find more posts by Orestes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Piedmon
Exactly. If Wolverine goes all out, just his punch could kill a normal human who wasn't at peak physical condition (or close to it.) Normally though, he holds his strength in reserve--he's a killer, but only to those who deserve it.
Just a punch, a person can take loads of punishment, if he got to hit them in the temple or something, then yea...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 09:59 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Marvel=DC
Superheroes hold back to avoid seriously killing some one Wolverine isn't the only person this applies to like how Batman or Deathstroke can hang with Wonder Woman one real full blow from her and there wouldn't be anything left. It takes alot of concentration for wolverine and an abnormal amount for the likes of people like Superman, Wonder Woman and Thor to hold back and temper their strength just right so they can fight regular of even peak humans with out instantly killing them. Also from what I recall wolverine is 100 and something without the adamantium and 100 pound heavier with it. If you wanted to be realistically (mind you these are comic book characters) Wolverine wouldn't be able to move as the adamantium would cover his joints and organs killing him instantly healing factor or not.
I'm glad someone realizes this, people are saying he doesn't have any nerve endings or muscles to his joints.

Oh and thanks fpr noticing pis/cis...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 10:00 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

"I mean his punching power alone should be like more than what spiderman can lift(over 10 tons)."

...Hah...

No. Not it shouldn't. Besides, Spiderman lifts 15 tons now.

But that doesn't matter. Wolverine can't hit anywhere near that hard. Sorry, bro.

But, I'm sure his punches do hurt quite a bit, though mostly due to his martial arts training, not so much his adamantium skeleton.

It really doesn't change the feeling of the punch at all. I mean, it's not like your regular human bones break (very often at least) when you punch someone in the face. For all intents and purpose, when fighting another normal human, a bone punch would feel the same as an adamantium punch from Wolverine.

Both would still suck to get hit with.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 11:21 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
people are saying he doesn't have any nerve endings or muscles to his joints.
Who's saying that?

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 12:15 PM
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Originally posted by Piedmon

agreed. not only to avoid killing people but so that he doesnt get tired out so fast.

anotherthing to add, most people he fights are exceedingly tough and they don't just stand there, they roll with the punches (which really does make a huge difference)

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 12:24 PM
reborn_213 is currently offline Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I think at the most he'd break some bones. And whatever damage comes from getting your bones broken that way. Probably a nasty bruise.

Old Post Oct 1st, 2005 12:56 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote