KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Black Bolt's power, in real numbers, please.

Black Bolt's power, in real numbers, please.
Started by: Mindship

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Black Bolt's power, in real numbers, please.

So, if Black Bolt screamed at the top of his lungs, what kinda power would he be unleashing? I would prefer an answer in kilo/mega/giga watts or tons. For reference, just One Ton of TNT unleahes about 4000 megawatts of power.

Also: since voice depends on sound waves, then obviously he'd have no power in space. But since sound travels better through water and rock than thru air, wouldn't his power be amplified? For example, since water is 800 times denser than air, would the answer to the first question mean that power would be amplified 800 times if he screamed underwater?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 02:21 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Who cares?

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:04 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Black Bolt's power, in real numbers, please.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship
So, if Black Bolt screamed at the top of his lungs, what kinda power would he be unleashing? I would prefer an answer in kilo/mega/giga watts or tons. For reference, just One Ton of TNT unleahes about 4000 megawatts of power.

Also: since voice depends on sound waves, then obviously he'd have no power in space. But since sound travels better through water and rock than thru air, wouldn't his power be amplified? For example, since water is 800 times denser than air, would the answer to the first question mean that power would be amplified 800 times if he screamed underwater?

He no longer uses sound its some kind of subatomic particle, ask demigawd or Khellandros they know about it.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 03:06 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

Why couldn't this just go in the Q&A thread? blink

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 05:53 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by willRules
Why couldn't this just go in the Q&A thread? blink

You're right, it shoulda. It's just that I was reading posts where BB apparently does quite well against the Hulk, and that just sorta threw me for a loop.

My next Q about him will be there.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 06:49 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willRules
4 8 15 16 23 42

oh cool

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 07:09 PM
willRules is currently offline Click here to Send willRules a Private Message Find more posts by willRules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

He's getting stronger for one thing. Still, in his earlier apapearances he was doing things like shattering a barrier that Skrull nukes couldn't breach and knocking the Hulk out with a whipser to the face. In a more recent appearance, he was being tortured in an attempt to make him scream. Moaning quietly in pain with his face pressed into the ground raised a whole chain of new volcanoes and created massive earthquakes on the other side of the planet he was on. I'm not sure what kind of force it would take to do that, but there you go.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 07:52 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Black Bolt is the man.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 07:52 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Khellendros
He's getting stronger for one thing. Still, in his earlier apapearances he was doing things like shattering a barrier that Skrull nukes couldn't breach and knocking the Hulk out with a whipser to the face. In a more recent appearance, he was being tortured in an attempt to make him scream. Moaning quietly in pain with his face pressed into the ground raised a whole chain of new volcanoes and created massive earthquakes on the other side of the planet he was on. I'm not sure what kind of force it would take to do that, but there you go.

Tres cool. Next time Galactus comes a'callin', BB should just shout "Get the %#@$& away from Earth!"

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 08:03 PM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Can I use fake numbers?

This forum sucks.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 08:14 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

Where according to classic marvel his full scream is Cl 1000 which would equal a planet destroying blast.

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 09:08 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Hmmmm... Let me try and put it into numbers.

Intelligence: 5
Strength: 6
Durability: 6
Stamina: 5
Speed: 4
Fighting Ability: 6
Mental Powers: 5(He has displayed telepathic powers in the past)
Energy Projection: 6
Agility: 5

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2005 09:14 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Sentry
Hmmmm... Let me try and put it into numbers.

Intelligence: 5
Strength: 6
Durability: 6
Stamina: 5
Speed: 4
Fighting Ability: 6
Mental Powers: 5(He has displayed telepathic powers in the past)
Energy Projection: 6
Agility: 5

Other than energy projection that sounds about right. But I'm not a hundred percent sure what it takes to qualify for a 7 rating.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 02:22 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Ask Doop. He has 7's all around.

He's alive you know. He'll be back and the Marvel U will be sorry.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 02:31 AM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Other than energy projection that sounds about right. But I'm not a hundred percent sure what it takes to qualify for a 7 rating.

Yeah I was pondering the energy projection stat. I know beings like Surfer and Warlock have energy projection listings at 7, but beings like Thor and Quasar have energy projection ratings of 6 which I thought was quite odd. I have the old marvel series trading cards that actually list mental powers and energy projection stats. Marvel Series #3 trading cards. Back in the 90's. Black Bolt's done some amazing things with energy, and it appears he can affect it in so many different ways, but I think he just not on the same level as cosmic beings. In the same league as Thor, but quite a bit out of reach from the Surfer.

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 02:36 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thats sounds like DBZ/Death Star type of power. big grin

Old Post Oct 3rd, 2005 07:40 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote